• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

These keys may be region locked and might not activate in some Eastern Europe and East Asian territories

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-673573E0F2EC2D81 - Taken by Delgear. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Risen 3 Complete Edition -- MB-70C205689DEA8D1A - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sacred Franchise Pack -- MB-2394F1E5D7450CCA - Taken by Javier23. 7 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-CB51185B4FCAADDA - Taken by MissChief. 2 entrants total.
Homefront -- MB-84E098DC9E096050 - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-4C650866655D3563 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 9 entrants total.
Lost Horizon -- MB-52043B27FD40232F - Taken by NingenJanai. 8 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-D280DEC3A9506BBE - Taken by gabbo. 3 entrants total.
Saint's Row Gat out of Hell -- MB-B702C0C1860B5C3B - Taken by ctw0e. 11 entrants total.

t1502361527z1.png

FoneBone

Layers of Fear with DLC for under $6 is tempting, but my backlog is such that it'll probably get cheaper before I get around to playing it... decisions, decisions.

Sorry for offtopic, but i don't know what to do, Paypal refusing to send my payments and even PP support don't know why this happening. I'm trying to send payment to merchant, but i keep getting this error:
"We can't send your payments right now. If the problem continues please contact Customer Support."
I tried to add new credit card, payed by using PayPal in other online shop, but i still getting this error when i'm trying to send payment on specific e-mail. Answer from paypal support:
After reviewing your PayPal account, I can confirm there's no limitations or anything, which stops you from sending these funds. Please verify that it's the correct e-mail that you're attempting to send the funds for, or that they're able to receive it.

If the issue are still there afterward, you may need to clear your cache and cookies.
Clearing cache didn't helped either, and i don't think that problem is with my browser, because i also tried to download PayPal android app and send payment through it but got the same error again. It's been 3 days already, i need to pay somehow for IG bundles to my group buys host, but i don't know what to do.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Layers of Fear with DLC for under $6 is tempting, but my backlog is such that it'll probably get cheaper before I get around to playing it... decisions, decisions.

I see it offered for three bucks in the BTS thread.

Javier23

Banned
It's a pretty bad horror game. Very linear, very short, haunted house type of thing where you just walk down a corridor getting jumpscares. Save for the odd exception it isn't very imaginative either. I'd pass. My 2 cents.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just made my first non-sale Steam purchase in god knows how long.

Just a regular ass midweek sale purchase, like the good old days.

prudislav

Oh cool Tale of Wuxia:The Pre-Sequel got a translation and is coming soon

Release Date: 15 Aug, 2017
Tale of Wuxia: The Pre-Sequel, the authentic sequel of Tale of Wuxia which surpasses the latter in every way, is a CRPG developed by Fenghuang Game and Heluo Studio. This U3D-based game includes better story, funnier events and enhanced gameplay. Tale of Wuxia: The Pre-Sequel enriched the character development in Martial Arts and skill variance. Your character can not only learn Arts itself, but also invite multiple members into the squad and select their skills. The brand-new Squad-combat Mode and Jianghu Tales Mode randomize the gameplay, different squad-members and talents grant you various tactics.
too bad english version of the original is still many patches behind

Wok

R6PUHCn.png

Sometimes, Windows gets crazy. Thank you, Microsoft, for doing weird stuff in the background.

signed up and received two emails. one for verification and second with reward key.
i saw someone mention no emails are being sent on hotmail so you may need to try a different one

I received two emails but no key. Hopefully, we get a key today:

RcX401Z.png

Ludens

Banned
Battlefield 1 is now part of Origin Access, so if you subscribe for one month (4€) you can play that, plus Titanfall 2, Saboteur, Aragami, Orwell and other games.
A really good value for a rent in my opinion, 4€ for playing all those is a steal.

Arminsc

Battlefield 1 is now part of Origin Access, so if you subscribe for one month (4€) you can play that, plus Titanfall 2, Saboteur, Aragami, Orwell and other games.
A really good value for a rent in my opinion, 4€ for playing all those is a steal.

It's super worth it just for the TF2 campaign. I may pick it up to give BF1 a try.

Its the best version imo. I played the PS2 version years ago but got this on PC as soon as I could.

Has all the content from the PSP version along with some PC exclusive features like for the graphics settings, etc.

New interface UI is great! The only downside to it when you check equipment, the color is a bit too light but other than that its a great port.

I've clocked 108 hours into it so far. Finished the main storyline and doing the sidequests/levels now.

You can switch between the UI/Interface from the original PS2 ver to the current PC ver

OG

New

Its highly worth it, wait for it to go on sale - I bought my copy when it was $8 on Bundle Stars.

There is one bug in one of the maps where if you use certain attacks, it crashes the game, not sure if it was fixed since I didnt try the map again.

Performance wise, it runs perfectly with all options max. This is on my 2010 desktop PC with a HD Radeon 7850 2GB and on my laptop PC from 2012 that has a Nvidia GeForce 745m.

thanks for the long run down

DocSeuss

Not sure if I should make this a thread or not but um

uh

how do I put this...

I finally decided, hey, what if my saves were the problem with Bulletstorm? I deleted the folder. Bam. Everything worked! Amazing, right? Okay, so I lost some progress (like, I can play any level and unlock guns based on the levels I'm in with points somehow, but my save's not there), but for whatever reason, some of the OTHER progress stays (like 17/20 wine bottles shot, or random amount of currency, or whatever).

Sucks.

But uh.

Then someone messages me on Twitter and goes "you didn't, by any chance, install Get Even, did you?"

me: uh

them: "As in, the game seems to use use BulletStorm\StormGame\Config for storing its very important configuration files."

_WHAT_

So yeah, installing Get Even is what broke Bulletstorm.

now you know.

Ascheroth

uh

how do I put this...

I finally decided, hey, what if my saves were the problem with Bulletstorm? I deleted the folder. Bam. Everything worked! Amazing, right? Okay, so I lost some progress (like, I can play any level and unlock guns based on the levels I'm in with points somehow, but my save's not there), but for whatever reason, some of the OTHER progress stays (like 17/20 wine bottles shot, or random amount of currency, or whatever).

Sucks.

But uh.

Then someone messages me on Twitter and goes "you didn't, by any chance, install Get Even, did you?"

them: "As in, the game seems to use use BulletStorm\StormGame\Config for storing its very important configuration files."

_WHAT_

now you know.
...wat

This is so bizarre, I don't have any words beyond that.

Ludens

Banned

uh

how do I put this...

Sucks.

But uh.

_WHAT_

now you know.

Well, I think it's thread-worthy.

Anyway I completed FFXII, killed all optional super-bosses, completed all hunts, got all super-weapons...yes, there are still things to do in the game, like some optional sides with the flights, the trophy hunt etc, but I decided to stop here because in my opinion is not really worth doing EVERYTHING. I miss some trophies like complete the bestiary (14 entries missing), complete the map (good luck on finding the area you missed in the game, I did a rapid check and it seems I visited every area), get all spells and techs (again, no will to backtrack in a dungeon just to get a chest with a 10% chance to spawn containing the spell I miss which probably I'll never end up using), do trial 51-100 (killing Yiazmat took a good while, so I have no joy on killing him again with other bosses just to get a trophy).

I will trade back the game to GS since, with the current promo, I'll take back all the money I spent to buy the game (30€) plus something more, and eventually I'll take the Steam version of the game when it will release.

Anyway, this is probably one of the best FF, I also liked the fact you never waste time on cutscenes, they are on point and story focused, without useless stuff you usually find in jrpg.

DocSeuss

...wat

This is so bizarre, I don't have any words beyond that.

I know a guy from The Farm 51 so I'm asking him, because all I can say is that: yes, i did install Get Even, and yes, I did delete the Bulletstorm folder and things work now.

What I don't understand is how, even though I deleted my saves, the game still knows I made some progress. I guess that might be stored Xbox side, since I didn't deactivate XBL? (I had tried running without XBL dll and it was not an issue).

Well, I think it's thread-worthy.

I will make a thread then.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-673573E0F2EC2D81 - Taken by Delgear. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Risen 3 Complete Edition -- MB-70C205689DEA8D1A - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sacred Franchise Pack -- MB-2394F1E5D7450CCA - Taken by Javier23. 7 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-CB51185B4FCAADDA - Taken by MissChief. 2 entrants total.
Homefront -- MB-84E098DC9E096050 - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-4C650866655D3563 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 9 entrants total.
Lost Horizon -- MB-52043B27FD40232F - Taken by NingenJanai. 8 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-D280DEC3A9506BBE - Taken by gabbo. 3 entrants total.
Saint's Row Gat out of Hell -- MB-B702C0C1860B5C3B - Taken by ctw0e. 11 entrants total.

t1502361527z1.png

uh

how do I put this...

Sucks.

But uh.

_WHAT_

now you know.

Lmao, wow. For some reason I've always assumed there was some development practice or Windows standard that prevented stuff like this.

Amazing saga, DocSeuss!

Ascheroth

I know a guy from The Farm 51 so I'm asking him, because all I can say is that: yes, i did install Get Even, and yes, I did delete the Bulletstorm folder and things work now.

What I don't understand is how, even though I deleted my saves, the game still knows I made some progress. I guess that might be stored Xbox side, since I didn't deactivate XBL? (I had tried running without XBL dll and it was not an issue).

I will make a thread then.
It might use 2 different saves, one for your actual progress in the story and one for all the staff you unlocked/found.

DocSeuss

It might use 2 different saves, one for your actual progress in the story and one for all the staff you unlocked/found.

If that's the case, I'm not sure where the other save is. My assumption is that it's GFWL storing some of this information on Xbox Live. Like, it reads your achievements, sees where your progress is, and is able to use that info to let you 'back up' that data.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Wow.

So, was Get Even called Bulletstorm at some point? Was that it's development name or something?

Did they specifically get Bulletstorm to work off of as a base?

Both of those seem unlikely.

Parsnip

Get Even could have had 'Storm' as its codename at some point, sure.

Worth noting that Farm 51 is also Polish dev like People Can Fly, maybe whoever did the very first commit on Get Even was former PCF dude and just started Get Even as a fork of Bulletstorm codebase and forgot to change the appropriate codenames and stuff, and no one else noticed during dev. :p

Really strange either way.

Vast improvement performance wise to the first, runs buttery smooth. Decent increase in cinematics and a good story so far, first ep also felt longer than the others. No spoilers but lots of familiar faces show up and there is a couple of good twists right at the end.

Savegame system wouldn't import my save from the first, but that's Telltale. The day they get savegames right Satan will be iceskating to work.

The game seems to be hiding my screenshots, playtime and achievements for some reason like they haven't unlocked.

Ludens

Banned

Vast improvement performance wise to the first, runs buttery smooth. Decent increase in cinematics and a good story so far, first ep also felt longer than the others. No spoilers but lots of familiar faces show up and there is a couple of good twists right at the end.

Savegame system wouldn't import my save from the first, but that's Telltale. The day they get savegames right Satan will be iceskating to work.

The game seems to be hiding my screenshots, playtime and achievements for some reason like they haven't unlocked.
The savegame import is probably the major "feature" in TT game and it's also the one which is pretty much always broken.

Wok

Maybe the issue has to do with the fact TellTale changed the save folder:

Z5OwRA5.png

LRhzIFu.png

Although you seem to know about it, as you posed a few pages back.

kagamin

Damn, I feel like I just started Trails in the Sky the 3rd and I'm already at chapter 6 (turbo mode da gawd), gonna be ready for Zero/Ao no Kiseki whenever that happens in the far future lol.

That game never had a sale afaik (the other one).

It did. Only at release. I will be getting this one too and hopefully enough people will buy it so it gets suppport. Right now chinese rpgs are in a chicken or the egg situation. They dont get as much support as the original chinese version because the number of buyers dont justify the cost and people dont buy it because they dont support the games properly. Its like the 90s and Japanese rpgs again.

I know Japanese now so this bs no longer affects me but I dont know chinese. Guess Chinese is next.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yo GermanyGAF, sell on me this game, seems the people behind it have been playing waaaaaaay too much Pepsiman
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/656780/Bullyparade__DER_Spiel/

These are truly the end times...

Omg

Now we have official Bullyparade, Jan Böhmermann and uwe Boll games on steam.

Complete. Global. Saturation.

Dont forget that the "Crash Time" games are originally "Alarm für Cobra 11" games, some of them are on Steam too :p

Maybe the issue has to do with the fact TellTale changed the save folder:

Z5OwRA5.png

LRhzIFu.png

Although you seem to know about it, as you posed a few pages back.

The new one comes with a short choose-your-own-adventure style savegame creator for the first one, so I just redid my choices in that instead of stuffing around with the telltale cloud and whatever else they screwed up! It was pretty comprehensive compared to the one from the new Walking Dead.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

BAD END -- MB-AFC2C2FE7834D8EA - Taken by voodooray
Super Army of Tentacles 3: The Search for Army of Tentacles 2 -- MB-B383E2E9FB091930 - Taken by Kifimbo

Zeknurn

I was thinking that with Titanfall 2 and BF1 being added to Origin Access and there being a wide selection of great new and old multiplayer games on PC, what's the best way of finding people to play with these days? My interest in playing multiplayer games solo has gone down the last few years and the group of people that I used to play with have all drifted apart.

What I'm wondering is if there are any fairly large non-game specific multiplayer communities that makes it easy to get a bunch like-minded people together for a couple of games of e.g. Team Fortress 2 for a night or one that has scheduled playdates every night that makes it easy to join in on.

Surely there has to be something like this out there?

Microsoft's Looking For Group feature on Xbox does a fairly decent job of getting people together but I'd like something more personal and on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom