• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Eh, bought Civ V Gods and Kings right away... probably should have waited BUT i have bad memory when i need to remember to check for sales... Better this way, i surely won't miss it AND i doubt it would but much cheaper. If it even is.

cicero

Anyone has a Trine 2 DLC 50% Coupon from the SummerSeal? Somehow mine wont activate :(

Thanks.

I am in the same boat, I had three different Trine coupons and activated all of them but they don't show up in my inventory. Really crappy move, especially since I spent like three hours repeatedly playing that stupid slot machine just to get Trine 2 + Trine 2 DLC coupons specifically.

I want that too :D

EDIT:My Coupon for the Collectors Edition just works on the Alan Wake + Alan Wake AA Bundle. Does somebody having this too?
I have two Alan Wake Collector's Edition coupons and they just don't show up in my shopping cart when I try to buy anything Alan Wake, Collector's Edition or even just the base game.

This is complete BS.

zkylon

zkylewd
The PAYDAY soundtrack is full of godly Heat-like tracks and a steal for $1.25. I wish you didn't need the base game to buy it, but the full combo is worth it if only for the OST (the game's also pretty good, if you can look past its flaws).

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The Nightshift Code is on sale for $2.79 from $6.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37320/

It's a hidden object game and I doubt anyone but me cares but I've been watching this game and its sequel for a long time now and they've never been on sale. The sequel still isn't on sale. For the past two Summer sales they weren't on sale and I'm pretty sure they weren't on sale during the last Winter sale. And I've never seen them appear as Daily Deals or anything else like that.

This looks very interesting.

How logical are the puzzles? Will the game piss me off if I generally suck at adventure games?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just played Pixeljunk Eden for the FIRST time (had it on Steam for a while) and god, i am FLOORED by the sheer quality and fun of this game.

I know it's only 50% off now but GET it if you don't own it already!!
I remember posting about it on the Steam thread once, saying I didn't understand the game, and a kind GAFfer explaining it to me. Wish I could remember who they were, so I can search for the comment and read it again, in order to play it without feeling stupid.

Eh, bought Civ V Gods and Kings right away... probably should have waited BUT i have bad memory when i need to remember to check for sales... Better this way, i surely won't miss it AND i doubt it would but much cheaper. If it even is.

It is 7.49$ at Amazon right now. And it is a Steam key.

Toki767

Hmm. Only things that interest me that I see are KOTOR 2 for 2.49 and Ys Origin for 9.99

I really shouldn't buy stuff I won't play right away though.

RedSwirl

I'd get KOTOR 2, but my previous rule stands: I'd be so long until I actually got to play that game that it'd have probably already been on multiple Steam sales.

Then again, it's probably never going below $2.50.

Woorloog

Banned
It is 7.49$ at Amazon right now. And it is a Steam key.

Nope? Says 14.99$.
Same as Steam.
Though of course i paid a bit more due to euros... ah, well, at least i can finally play Civ V, damn that vanilla diplomacy. Heard Gods and Kings makes it a lot better, hope this is the case...

Petrie

Banned
I'd get KOTOR 2, but my previous rule stands: I'd be so long until I actually got to play that game that it'd have probably already been on multiple Steam sales.

Then again, it's probably never going below $2.50.

Yeah, for most games like that, it's as low as it'll hit.

This looks very interesting.

How logical are the puzzles? Will the game piss me off if I generally suck at adventure games?

I've never played it but the bulk of it is a hidden object game which is usually categorized as "casual." You're given a screen with a mess of items all over the place with a list of what to find and you have to carefully look over the screen for them. According to the description there are also some puzzles thrown in but I can't tell you how they are.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Biggest problem for me is that Xcom, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and AC3 will all be cheaper on Black Friday for consoles.

I'm holding out that we can get our standard cheaper PC pricing during the winter sale.

Tizoc

I just spent $58 on Point n' Click games @_@
...and I just spent $5 on Portal 1. I now have both games on Steam...and in my backlog.

KScorp

Nope? Says 14.99$.
Same as Steam.
Though of course i paid a bit more due to euros... ah, well, at least i can finally play Civ V, damn that vanilla diplomacy. Heard Gods and Kings makes it a lot better, hope this is the case...

Civ V Gods and Kings, $7.49:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CA9XB2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Although it says "Mac Download", it gives a Steam key and it can be installed on Windows. Not sure if the region of the key matters.

Edit: Beaten.

DagsJT

Just finished The Walking Dead.

Bloody hell, that ending! One of the best endings I've experienced in a game, had me getting all emotional and the story/acting was just done so well. I can't remember the last time I felt so attached to any characters and the end was heartbreaking.

Absolutely can't wait for season two.

What an outstanding game this has been. With episode five out of the way and how it all ended ... I think I'm now putting this as my GOTY, it's just that good.

You're a fool if you don't pick this up in the sale.

RedSwirl

*sigh*

Is there somewhere I can try out like, Episosde 1 of The Walking Dead or something? I've never touched any of these Telltale games or even seen footage, period.

Just finished The Walking Dead.

Bloody hell, that ending! One of the best endings I've experienced in a game, had me getting all emotional and the story/acting was just done so well. I can't remember the last time I felt so attached to any characters and the end was heartbreaking.

Absolutely can't wait for season two.

What an outstanding game this has been. With episode five out of the way and how it all ended ... I think I'm now putting this as my GOTY, it's just that good.

You're a fool if you don't pick this up in the sale.

How long is it bro? (All episodes)

Although it says "Mac Download", it gives a Steam key and it can be installed on Windows. Not sure if the region of the key matters.

Region doesn't matter. At least for that game.

I just spent $58 on Point n' Click games @_@
...and I just spent $5 on Portal 1. I now have both games on Steam...and in my backlog.

Did you buy all the games of this list?

Woorloog

Banned

Ah, never occured to look for Mac "version".
Oh, well, didn't lose much. And much less hassle (just click and click...) to buy it direct from Steam, not having bought anything from Amazon. Though i suppose creating Amazon account is not mandatory? No matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom