• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF, I mustn't spend anything more than 10€. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything on this sale but... fuck gabe!

So far my cart is like this:

KOTOR
KOTOR II
The Witcher

Total so far: 6.72€

So yeah, I love RPGs, but some fps/platformers/action games as well. Any recomendations? I'm almost buying Cave Story+. And remember, must not spend more than 10€, so the last game should be like 3.28€ max.

Go with these for now, another sale in 4 weeks.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ok folks, gonna do a special little GAF-only Critter Crunch thing...

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

I bought it at $1.75. Never heard of the game before, but everyone here is raving about it and it looked intriguing so I got it.

Do I get a free code? :D

mannerbot

Everybody buy Critter Crunch!
4NwHL.png

Zarx

Very temped by Darksiders II. I know there was a lot of hullabaloo about the PC version when it first came out. Have the technical issues been addressed in any satisfactory way?

I also know lots of people found it disappointing. If I'm buying it mainly for the combat and loot and don't care about the narrative aspect, will I be satisfied? I need something to tide me over until DmC and MG:Rising.

The patches have improved the situation and it's in a better state than it launched in, but there are a few issues.

There are some UI things that are pretty annoying like menus not being navigable with the dpad just the analog sticks, shadows still look real bad even tho they have added an option to increase the resolution and the highest setting kills the framerate for no real gain over the second highest (60fps with ~60% GPU with high, max drops down to ~50fps on my 560ti in the same spot) and SSAO also has a high performance hit, some people have s stutter issue when moving between areas and seems to be pot luck whether your system will have it, the textures are plain bad in spots and really low resolution all round which is a real shame, and FXAA is also the only AA solution in game. It can still look good 1080p 60fps on my system in certain situations and in combat you don't really notice the shadows textures that much, it's just a shame that the technical issues are there.

Having said that combat is a blast, other than a couple camera issues. Tho the level design is kinda up and down, pacing really drags in spots, and the side quests are awful fetch quests.

I still found the game enjoyable, and probably worth the current asking price for a fan of the genre, play it on hard.

Tizoc

Sorry for asking this again but:
Are the Ys games on Steam worth getting? I plan on getting them from PSN eventually.

I bought it at $1.75. Never heard of the game before, but everyone here is raving about it and it looked intriguing so I got it.

Do I get a free code? :D

He said earlier in the thread (a few hours ago) that those who want it should PM him.

Krater is a relatively crummy Diablo clone set in an interesting Borderlands-like environment that I actually enjoyed more than Diablo III. Sue me.

Interesting. Though for a D3 clone Id rather get Torchlight 2. :)

Thanks though.

microtubule

Ok folks, gonna do a special little GAF-only Critter Crunch thing...

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

Love you folks! Purchased it originally on PSN and another copy just now on Steam.

edit: thanks for the code!!

Pretty sure I am all caught up on PMs, not sure about posts. Please PM me if you grabbed Critter Crunch on sale and I'll shoot you that second code as promised.

Also... WOW. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT FOLKS. TIMES 10.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So if Tappet made it a turkey balloon, how would it go space diving being a balloon and all?

Yeah this is a good point, well Point #1 eventually space is a low enough volume that even helium ceases to rise, right? So maybe the Turkey would naturally deflate at that point? Or Point #2 perhaps Tappet would de-inflate the turkey manually? Either way I refuse to believe that turkey is dead based on the strong evidence to the contrary.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm not sure if xelios plans on updating his Amazon Steam activating sales post now that the older thread is temporarily locked, but if so, the Dreamcast Pack - $4.99, with Steam activating Jet Set Radio, is back and all the games except for Crazy Taxi are now DRM Free.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10182690&postcount=6244

I'm really not understanding this completely or seeing where this is described in the source, can you help me? Everything is non-Steam now and Crazy Taxi is Steam? /lost

The Walking Dead:

So i heard it's good alright BUT:

- I also heard the first couple episodes are full of bugs and technical problems? (coming from a friend who owns them on Mac)

- He also claims season 2 is already in production

There any truth to these claims? The first is obviously a bummer if true but the second is a negative for me personally as well as i like to buy "finished" products and am already not big on episodic content to begin with, but i'd hate to miss out here hmmm.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
FYI there is no Daily Deal scheduled for Shatter or Rugby Challenge, just 50% discounts throughout the length of the sale.

The Walking Dead:

- I also heard the first couple episodes are full of bugs and technical problems? (coming from a friend who owns them on Mac)

There any truth to these claims? The first is obviously a bummer if true but the second is a negative for me personally as well as i like to buy "finished" products and am already not big on episodic content to begin with, but i'd hate to miss out here hmmm.

The bugs happened when bringing old saves to new episodes after they were installed. That problem is a non-issue now that they are all out.

Also season 1 is a contained season. Season 2 will end up being all new characters most likely.

GAF, I mustn't spend anything more than 10€. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything on this sale but... fuck gabe!

So far my cart is like this:

KOTOR
KOTOR II
The Witcher

Total so far: 6.72€

So yeah, I love RPGs, but some fps/platformers/action games as well. Any recomendations? I'm almost buying Cave Story+. And remember, must not spend more than 10€, so the last game should be like 3.28€ max.
So... I just bought those 3. I'm saving the remaining "change" for a daily deal. But that Sonic 4 Episode I is tempting me as hell.

The Walking Dead:

Season 1 stands alone as a complete story, so don't worry about that.

Technical problems? Yep I have hit quite a few. However most of these have been when new episodes have been released...so hopefully you would not hit them now.

Even with those issues, which made me scream at it so much, I still recommend it highly.

Just got back home from my flight, opened up my laptop to install Walking Dead, and I began weeping when I saw the home page of Steam. Why? WHY?!

Damage Done So Far
- Alpha Prime
- Runaway: A Road Adventure
- Runaway: Dream of Turtle
- The Blackwell Legacy

Ok, thanks guys, that relieved my fears...

The Walking Dead just got wishlisted :)

I will buy it once it hits 75% as i still have about 20 or so classic P&C adventures in my backlog to play!

The Walking Dead:

I wouldn't say it's full of bugs but yea, lots of people have had issues with saves not carrying over and bad audio quality and some other stuff. The problem with Telltale is that they don't seem to believe in the concept of patching their games, at all. Post release support is an alien concept to them. So while the game is playable, if you get stuck with an issue you'll have to live with it or find some community fix. This sounds bad but the game itself is pretty fantastic and still worth playing.

As for season 2, they've already announced it but that will be a sequel. Season 1 is complete with all 5 episodes, so you're not actually going to miss out on anything or have to wait for any more episodes. Season 2 will be it's own separate game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom