• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote that I'll add them to my cart, didn't write that I'd buy them =P
Oh and I'll get Critter Crunch when the sale's over~

Your cart will probably be reset by the time it's a daily/flash deal. Keep spreadsheets like the rest of us playing Steam Sale Manager 2012, son.

if I buy Mark of the Ninja do I get all the levels now or is it just the first

Albert_zpsf2895eb7.gif

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
But what about the xmas sale? :D

Well, I can't really speak to that really, but according to the current plan and the discounts we have locked in, you wouldn't feel particularly hard done by at the end of the Xmas sale if you bought either of these games now.

If something changes, I'll make it up to any GAFfer that bites now :)

Has anyone already pointed out that Bethesda has raised Skyrim's base price to 49.99€ in Europe?. They dropped it to 29.99€ a couple of weeks ago and now the old price is back. Proof.

Guess I'll keep waiting for the eventual GOTY edition @ 75% off.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So... The Walking Dead:

Detect selectables: on or off?
Story notifications: on or off?

So... The Walking Dead:

Detect selectables: on or off?
Story notifications: on or off?

On and On.

The game only has one path really so might as well let it tell you what to click.
Story notifications add to the experience as you wonder if you should have said/done what you just did.

Baust

So will there likely be a daily deal or flash sale for Ys Oath? Haven't gotten that one still on PC, but loved it on PSP. $7.49 is reasonable, but I feel like it can go lower.

Salsa

On and On.

The game only has one path really so might as well let it tell you what to click.
Story notifications add to the experience as you wonder if you should have said/done what you just did.

what? fuck no

story notifications suck, they tell you exactly what's gonna matter in the next episode and what isnt. Where's the fun in that? be surprised. It also probably encourages some people to go back and change their decision, wich fucks with the whole point of the game.

"do you want to tell clementine this or this"

*choose one option*

"CLEMENTINE WILL NOT FORGET THIS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BRO"

stupid as hell

selectables is debatable but I dont like having hud-like stuff cluttering the screen for no real reason. Your cursor's big enough that they just come up as soon as you're near anything

vall03

It seems all games from Nyu Media except for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is on sale. Dont know if I'm going to bite now. Im still playing a couple of games and I plan to stick to my rule of not buying a game if Im not going to play it right away. Going to wait and see...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hate my cell phone's 3G connection. Right now I can browse the web (at shitty speeds), but I don't dare buying anything for fear of losing signal in the middle of the transaction. Fuck you Movistar, go die in a fire.

As if to prove my point further, I lost connection as soon as I pressed "Post".

what? fuck no

story notifications suck, they tell you exactly what's gonna matter in the next episode and what isnt. Where's the fun in that? be surprised. It also probably encourages some people to go back and change their decision, wich fucks with the whole point of the game.

selectables is debatable but I dont like having hud-like stuff cluttering the screen for no real reason. Your cursor's big enough that they just come up as soon as you're near anything

See I feel that knowing you are making choices is the point of it. If you are just watching it play out you may miss that something that is said and done is because of your direct choice. However having said that, most of the time they actually mean nothing.

It also helps when you remember when you lose your save or your choices don't carry over to the next episode. (still salty :|)

Salsa

NeoGAF.gif

ahhh

just so you know toddhunter saying that story notifications "add to the experience" just made me hate him a bit
:b

See I feel that knowing you are making choices is the point of it. If you are just watching it play out you may miss that something that is said and done is because of your direct choice. However having said that, most of the time they actually mean nothing.

it's pretty damn easy to realize what's an important decision and what isnt. If you get asked "hey is that a rock y/n" or "DO YOU WANNA KILL HIM OR HER" guess wich one has more of an impact

it is way more interesting when you dont know wether you're making an important decision in someone else's path (though it's easy to get the hint by reaction and whatnot) and you only find out when the consequences of your actions suddenly show up

you know, the way life works

Has anyone already pointed out that Bethesda has raised Skyrim's base price to 49.99€ in Europe?. They dropped it to 29.99€ a couple of weeks ago and now the old price is back. Proof.

That is my goal as well. But in boxed retail edition if possible.

what? fuck no

"do you want to tell clementine this or this"

*choose one option*

"CLEMENTINE WILL NOT FORGET THIS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BRO"

stupid as hell

Yeah seriously. Avoid baby mode and go ALL OFF.

trinest

Now that the other thread is locked I'll guess I'll post these here (does the gift thread even still exist).

Random keys from the Indie Royal Bundle:

The Dream Machine -
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -

Oh and I hate the practice that publishers do of rising the RRP so the sale price only just makes it cheaper then what it originally was in many regions. It's annoying. Many older games which were starting to get down to $40 were put back up to $80 even $90 :|

dani_dc

I noticed that as well, I even posted on the Steam thread about the price. Extremely sketchy of Bethesda to raise the price to make it look a deal.

I haven't really enjoyed any of their games that I tried so I'm not plannig to pick it up before a 75% sale on the GOTY edition as well, so it doesn't really affect me, but it's reallly leaves a sour taste to see publishers/developers do things like this.

Speevy

Banned
Can someone please help me out?

Every time I try to run Star Wars: KOTOR 2, it gives me the Lucas Arts logo, then the Obsidian logo, then "A problem has caused KOTOR 2 to stop running..."

Every time.

What's the deal?

Mulligan

Banned
So i'm interested in HalfLife2 and the episodes, should i get them at 50% off or have they been cheaper/will they be cheaper in future sales as i can wait.

So i'm interested in HalfLife2 and the episodes, should i get them at 50% off or have they been cheaper/will they be cheaper in future sales as i can wait.
No doubt they will get a 75% off sooner or later

I think I'll pass over this Autumn sale and just go crazy during Christmas. KOTORII is tempting me though

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Can't decide if The Walking Dead is worth $12 or not... not really interested in it beyond the hype it has been getting.

derExperte

See OP:

Real FAQ

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom