• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

(re: Fallen Enchantress)

I was hoping for something far closer to Master of Magic. Tons of monster types and races, Civ-style empire building. The early screenshots also showed some really cool stuff when it came to the scale of the tactical battles.

As it turned out, the screenshots were unrepresentative mockups and the finished battle system was legitimately terrible. The rest of the game wasn't much better.

The Stardock CEO talked about it a bit here: ...

It got better after two expansions but the game is so far removed from Master of Magic that I just don't like to play it.
I see, I can understand how you would be a bit disappointed, I had no expectations for this game, but really... terrible? You are exaggerating somewhat, no? ;)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
yeah, but they have the same price on the humble bundle store, grabbed it there.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Uh, no, I'm seeing it as $10 at Humble Bundle and $5 at Gamersgate?

7ERZfET.jpg

mrgone

it's on sale!
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FELH/fallen-enchantress-legendary-heroes

I played some, not much, it's good, looks nice too and I like legendary heroes. I have problem with replenishing mana though, but I think that gets better later on.

Whoa, any idea what's going on with the pricing? Without discount it's $10 on GamersGate, but $40 on Steam. Am I looking at the right thing? Is there another GamersGate pricing error? :)

it's ok, button mapping works fine :)

it's just totally strange that it seems like PS3 and X360 guitars work out of the box but the PC version doesn't

Oh god damnit. I'm sorry about that. I really figured they'd just reuse what they already had that worked. :(

Arthea

Whoa, any idea what's going on with the pricing? Without discount it's $10 on GamersGate, but $40 on Steam. Am I looking at the right thing? Is there another GamersGate pricing error? :)

It might be pricing error, it shows -50% for me too now and price is lower than before, funny.

epmode

I see, I can understand how you would be a bit disappointed, I had no expectations for this game, but really... terrible? You are exaggerating somewhat, no? ;)

The original release of Elemental? Yeah, most everything about it was terrible. To their credit, Stardock provided refunds to anyone who asked.

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is the second standalone expansion.

Arthea

The original release of Elemental? Yeah, most everything about it was terrible. To their credit, Stardock provided refunds to anyone who asked.

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is the second standalone expansion.

oh, misunderstood, sorry, I thought you are saying Legendary heroes are terrible.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This fucking week. I bought a ticket to Australia for next year, which was pretty expensive and completely broke my budget. I'm still getting Skyrim LE and the Bioshock Triple Pack for Steam though. I also want to buy The Last of Us and a PS Plus subscription for my PS3. Fuck D:

Last of Us Digital Code is 35 bucks on amazon right now (Digital code + Digital Season Pass + 10 dollar Amazon Credit is 55, that's maybe a better deal). I'm thinking about buying it, along with two PS+ codes for 30 tomorrow. And then finish it all up with a cheaper-level 12gig locally sourced PS3 (I'm from Brazil as well) next week - I have a 320gig HD laying around and it's cheaper to buy a 1tb HD later down the line than to buy a PS3 with 250gig right now.

A PS3 Digital Future mostly made out of PS+ offerings sounds like a good future.

cicero

The Elder Scrolls Anthology (Amazon.com) - $29.99 (63% off)

Steam activation code for:
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  • Oblivion Game of the Year DLC
  • Creation Kit (Tool)

Includes DVDs for:
  • Elder Scrolls: Arena (launches with included DOS emulator)
  • Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (launches with included DOS emulator)
  • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (includes Bloodmoon & Tribunal expansions)
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (includes Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, plus other expansions)
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (includes Hearthfire, Dragonborn, and Dawnguard expansions)
  • Also included are a set of five physical maps.

If I am not mistaken this is the db entry here for the included "Elder Scrolls Retail" Steam activation code in the Anthology. This seems like a pretty fantastic deal if you don't already own them or would like the physical copies. Only Skyrim and its DLC requires Steam.

Slyjss

Just finished Gone Home. What a blast. I somehow expected something different, but I enjoyed every single minute of it. I can't believe it was only a couple of hours, it feels like I've been in that house for days.

I read that the team was composed of key people in the Bioshock series, and I could see that: the storytelling is really similar, without the FPS part. I always found that Bioshock games had so much to tell but spent too much time with the shooting, and after playing Gone Home I'm wondering how a Infinite without (or with a lot less) guns would have been.

If it comes up again as a daily grab it without any doubt.

The Cave for that price, buy it.

It's not without it's flaws, a 3/5 game. But it's charming, often funny, pretty different and a quite relaxing adventure game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom