• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
The level 5 dungeons really ramp up the difficulty with some unforgiving bosses and a lot of cheap RNG (that seems to be super skewed against the player). I felt that it left no room for error and that I was at the mercy of the dice more than my own skills, but maybe I just hadn't figured out any good high level strats.
i hope it's not as bad as you're making it sound, the game has been feeling really fair so far, with rng playing a role but feeling like part of the game

it's not really luck based, you take calculated risks and it's ur job to plan for the worst

that being said if it's like heavily rng influenced it's gonna be a bummer

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Defenders of the last Colony -- MB-3CC534645D6A078B - Taken by WinterDemons

Uzzy

Ed Boon is a professional troll.

PkyA2Pp.jpg

Probably the best way to get the game - Raiden IV is fantastic.

(Has Indie Gala always had BTA pricing on their bundles?)

It's happy hour, get multiple copies of the bundles for the price of one, hence the much higher than normal upper tier price.

Bought them both, probably never going to play them! :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Omg, Transformers Devastation... A perfect G1 homage with Bayonetta combat and a loot/synthesize system, this game is perfect.

xist

I haven't ever bought from these key resellers so I'm a little clueless...How do the other key resellers which aren't G2A stop stolen keys from being sold? Is G2A doing something differently or encouraging theft in some way, or are they just the biggest and as a consequence under the spotlight?

Corpekata

Banned
I haven't ever bought from these key resellers so I'm a little clueless...How do the other key resellers which aren't G2A stop stolen keys from being sold? Is G2A doing something differently or encouraging theft in some way, or are they just the biggest and as a consequence under the spotlight?

They have private seller stores similar to Ebay that aren't technically G2A controlled. Most other places are only selling their own keys. It's a lot easier for scammers to unload their stuff on G2A.

Nzyme32

God damn it's hard to get a gtx 1060 in the UK at a reasonable price. Now I'm wondering if I should go AMD Rx 480 instead, but that has the identical issue... Might just have to bite the bullet

dex3108

AAAnd i also finished Prince of Persia (2008). Nice little game. It is a bit repetitive and both endings (main and DLC one) are not that good but all in all game is worth playing. Prince and Elika chemistry is great and i really love how they support each other during whole game. Also i liked banter between them. Game has beautiful artstyle that still holds up today (8 years after release) Here are few screens (i played in 4K downsampled to 1080p)

Fun fact i bought this game on GMG summer sale and i managed to finish it before sale ended :D

Parsnip

AAAnd i also finished Prince of Persia (2008). Nice little game. It is a bit repetitive and both endings (main and DLC one) are not that good but all in all game is worth playing. Prince and Elika chemistry is great and i really love how they support each other during whole game. Also i liked banter between them. Game has beautiful artstyle that still holds up today (8 years after release) Here are few screens (i played in 4K downsampled to 1080p)

Fun fact i bought this game on GMG summer sale and i managed to finish it before sale ended :D

It's great, I love it.
I actually liked the ending and the DLC ending, too bad we'll never get a sequel.

Always wanted to know if he found the donkey.

rdytoroll

Anyone in here been playing Book of Demons? What do you think of it? Game came out 3 days ago in EA and it looks really polished. I might get it at that price point (15€) cause it looks great already

fantomena

Either somethings wrong with my Steam controller or I heavily dislike the buttons. Always have to press hard on them.

Plus, I tried Enter the Dungeon on a laptop with the controller. Either the laptop is too weak or the aiming is horrid right now.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
G2A is a great idea with poor execution. It hurts to read that indie dev's story. I feel bad for him.

G2A is a great idea with poor execution. It hurts to read that indie dev's story. I feel bad for him.

You would even have Gaffers use it to sell their games like you see in the BST.

Buy game cheap somewhere, 1000 times (I remember when HB still gave you Steam keys with 1 cent). Sell it for profit on G2A.

Ludens

Banned

I agree, the concept behing G2A is good, but a marketplace like that simply can't exist.
The moment you grant users the ability to sell their keys, there's no way to verify if they purchased them with stolen credit cards. This is the reason why only authorized resellers should exist, with G2A closing the shop.
No matter what they do, there will always be fraudolent keys.

Purkake4

Banned
Europa Universalis IV , yes or no? I enjoyed CK2 for what I've played
It's pretty great by now, but you do pretty much need the DLC and there isn't a good way to get most of them at once (the lastest game+DLC package is from like 2014). So I'd say wait for a Steam sale, everything usually gets discounted when new DLC comes out as well.

Either somethings wrong with my Steam controller or I heavily dislike the buttons. Always have to press hard on them.

Plus, I tried Enter the Dungeon on a laptop with the controller. Either the laptop is too weak or the aiming is horrid right now.

I had a really tough time with the Steam controller and Gungeon. I switched to the 360 controller and did much better but I'm pretty sure that M + KB is love / is life for that game.

It's more than a bit repetitive though. And there's virtually no timing ever needed for inputs. The traversal is nothing like the Sands of Time trilogy.

Game would've been a lot more interesting had it not been so automated.

Anteater

the bumper buttons and the track pad clicking are bad, the thing about the steam controller is to map as many shit to the track pad (using touch release) and the 2 buttons in the back, it takes getting used to but overall I like it because it's incredibly flexible with a lot of options, even though the actual hardware can be better.

It's best for shooters, but for action games where you need to use the face buttons a lot, I don't like it that much.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

If you haven't played Sands of Time or Forgotten Sands I would highly recommend them. The combat is a bit lacking in both, but the puzzle platforming is fantastic.

Uzzy

Europa Universalis IV , yes or no? I enjoyed CK2 for what I've played

Do you have plans for the next six months? If so, then no, don't get it.

It's a fantastic game, endlessly playable. I've got over six hundred hours in it and I still have entire regions of the world I've not played in.

As for DLC, the only really essential parts are Art of War, Common Sense and the Sabaton soundtrack. The rest are optional really, focusing on specific nation types and areas.

Do you have plans for the next six months? If so, then no, don't get it.

It's a fantastic game, endlessly playable. I've got over six hundred hours in it and I still have entire regions of the world I've not played in.

As for DLC, the only really essential parts are Art of War, Common Sense and the Sabaton soundtrack. The rest are optional really, focusing on specific nation types and areas.

I managed to grab the vanilla edition for 4,50€, not a bad deal, I think I'll start getting around the game and then buy the expansions the next sale

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's more than a bit repetitive though. And there's virtually no timing ever needed for inputs. The traversal is nothing like the Sands of Time trilogy.

Game would've been a lot more interesting had it not been so automated.

Oh man, PoP 08, one of my most hated games of previous gen. I dislike pretty much everything about it, apart from the artstyle. I guess the traversal being automated plays a big part in this, but I also hated the combat. There is no fail state, so there isn't any kind of pressure or incentive to do well, feels so pointless.

It was especially painful when you compared it to SoT. The Forgotten Sands after '08 felt like a masterpiece in comparison, even if it was just an okay game.

Uzzy

I managed to grab the vanilla edition for 4,50€, not a bad deal, I think I'll start getting around the game and then buy the expansions the next sale

Good stuff. It's fairly regularly on sale, so you probably won't have long to wait if you choose to pick them up. You also don't need them for multiplayer, if you ever want to engage in that. We used to have regular multiplayer sessions here on GAF, but interest waned a little once Stellaris and Hearts of Iron came out.

the bumper buttons and the track pad clicking are bad, the thing about the steam controller is to map as many shit to the track pad (using touch release) and the 2 buttons in the back, it takes getting used to but overall I like it because it's incredibly flexible with a lot of options, even though the actual hardware can be better.

It's best for shooters, but for action games where you need to use the face buttons a lot, I don't like it that much.
What is touch release and can you give an example?

Parsnip

Oh man, PoP 08, one of my most hated games of previous gen. I dislike pretty much everything about it, apart from the artstyle. I guess the traversal being automated plays a big part in this, but I also hated the combat. There is no fail state, so there isn't any kind of pressure or incentive to do well, feels so pointless.

It was especially painful when you compared it to SoT. The Forgotten Sands after '08 felt like a masterpiece in comparison, even if it was just an okay game.

I mean, if Elika saves you at any point, you failed.
Just because you don't see a game over screen doesn't mean that you didn't just get your ass handed to you.

Uzzy

I mean, if Elika saves you at any point, you failed.
Just because you don't see a game over screen doesn't mean that you didn't just get your ass handed to you.

Exactly. It's one of the few games out there with an in-universe explanation as to why your dying in the game doesn't stop you progressing. But lots of people hated that. Seems bizarre to me that people would rather be taken out of the game with a big 'Game Over' screen.

I never understand the "no fail state" complaint. It's as much a fail state as "restart checkpoint", except it keeps the gameplay seamless. All it is restarting the checkpoint without going to a menu. Do you consider Super Meat Boy to not have fail states because you instantly go back to the start of the level?

Nzyme32

Messy path for building my PC. I initially hoped to get the GTX 1070 thus bought a temporary card that was too under powered so got a better one, but since the GTX 1070 is more expensive than anticipated, I've gone for the GTX 1060 till things change. So since building the machine:

GTX 560 > GTX 960 > GTX 1060

At least the 560 and 960 will fetch the same as I bought them for roughly (all second hand ebay stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom