• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I can't tell if the emulation thread posts are sarcasm or not anymore.

Just treat it all as poorly attempts at. We all know nutters exists with those crazy points of view but seems like there's always about 4 or 5 people to a controversial threads trying to fuck with people. Christ it doesn't even have to be a controversial one, just a thread with an opinion as the premise.

fertygo

SSXPsWa.png

Biggest. mistake. Ever

FML

I had to stop playing Dark Souls due to platforming. Combination of me not being good at platforming (why I never buy games in that genre) + the fact that jumping in a souls game is craaapppp.

Oh you made it to Blighttown.

edit : or Bed of Chaos. On that note, fuck Bed of Chaos.

I can't tell if the emulation thread posts are sarcasm or not anymore.

I just read through that thread... totally at a loss here.

I wouldn't necessarily interpret it as dismissive. I know it can happen but it's also true that we're getting bombarded with releases on Steam these days. It's entirely possible for really good games to fly under the radar.

I get that. On the grand scheme, I've always thought that oversaturation is a much better problem to have than under. I recently nabbed a Wii U and now I'm not so sure.

I guess part of me reading it as dismissive is that my default mode in that sort of situation is "I better check that out!" instead of "I haven't even heard of that!" Not just with games. The hype doesn't always connect but that's part of it.

Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you.

Meh, decent prices on Killer is Dead and Ryse but nothing outstanding.

Also, was Fable 3 ever on steam? I could've sworn it was but it's not showing up. I guess if i want it on PC i would need to find a hard copy of it, yuck

edit: oh, it seems to have major issues with newer versions of windows and GFWL? Well that's a bummer

The ubi sale is a bummer. Rogue is the one AC I still need to get to complete my playthru and the price is higher than an earlier sale.

Fable 3 was available on steam. I haven't been able to play it since upgrading my vista pc to windows 7. Didn't work on 8. Didn't try on 10 yet.

tpUQ6hg.png

The ubi sale is a bummer. Rogue is the one AC I still need to get to complete my playthru and the price is higher than an earlier sale.

Fable 3 was available on steam. I haven't been able to play it since upgrading my vista pc to windows 7. Didn't work on 8. Didn't try on 10 yet.

tpUQ6hg.png

damn, i wanted to try it out as I remembered liking Fable 1 and 2 but also recalling there was a PC version of Fable 3 and I noticed it was just added to the BC list for the xbox one. I guess the best option would be to play the 360 version right now. kinda sucks

Dr Dogg

TIL watching Blu-Rays is disrespectful to the films creators.

You could argue that Bluray played back at output res@24p is more faithful to the DP's and Directors vision than tape or DVD with their 3:2 pulldown 29.97 conversion :p

And now that's reminded me of more PAL conversion horrors. See the superior format doesn't always get the best treatment.

Also Mourinho's been sacked!

dex3108

Best comments are:

"I don't want to play game on my PC alone on small screen!!!"

Next sentence:

"No i won't move my PC to my living room!!!"

You could argue that Bluray played back at output res@24p is more faithful to the DP's and Directors vision than tape or DVD with their 3:2 pulldown 29.97 conversion :p

And now that's reminded me of more PAL conversion horrors. See the superior format doesn't always get the best treatment.

Vardy put Mou to the sword.

Vlad

Is there any way to sort wishlist by Steam reviews?

I find I add a lot of stuff from my queue to my wishlist, especially before release, and then come sale time I have this massive bloated wishlist full of stuff that I don't remember. Normally I pass through and open up everything in separate tabs and find that half the stuff I've added ended up being bad, so I remove it.

I'd like to speed this process up.

Yeah, that would be fairly useful. Unfortunately, it seems to only be possible to drag wishlist items around one at a time. Personally, I'm always hoping they add "move to top/bottom" functionality. Most of my wishlist is the "stuff I want to remember to grab once it gets into a bundle" variety, but I do like to keep the games that I'm actually really interested in at the top. Having to slowly drag them all the way up through 300+ items manually is just a tad bit tedious.

I'm also not a fan of how new additions to the wishlist seem to be inserted into it randomly. You'd think that new additions would go to the bottom, but nope.

Speaking of wishlists, it would be great if we could have multiple wishlists. You know, like every other major internet stores had for a decade and a half.

AHA-Lambda

WOW, even by Republique's previous standards that new episode was short! Took me an hour to complete, yet it's taken forever for a new episode to bloody release!

Speaking of wishlists, it would be great if we could have multiple wishlists. You know, like every other major internet stores had for a decade and a half.

you say that like it's common but PSN only just added wishlists this year and am pretty sure that XBL doesn't have them at all.

Nintendo doesn't know what the internet is so i have no idea what they're doing digitally.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea, heard about it yesterday

probably doesn't mean much since tencent already owned most of rito but still scary

WOW, even by Republique's previous standards that new episode was short! Took me an hour, yet it's taken forever for a new episode to release!
o yea thanks for reminding me

i wanted to play that game

You know what would make LoL even better? Corporate teams in NA like Korea.
I'm pretty sure I'm the best supp in my corp.
you can make ur own league if u want

rito even give you rp and merch for rewards and everything

Dr Dogg

So I did a little calculating of the games I've bought this year and the amount I've finished. Works out at a ratio of 7.25 bought to every game finished. Unless I'm planing for an upcoming nuclear winter very soon I can't help but think that's a tad wasteful. There isn't even 'well you don't get to see digital games' excuse as I've still got a stack of shame of physical games I've bought this year but not started let alone played. I would make a proclamation to only buy 5 games again next year but seeing how well that went this year and there's more than 5 games I've got my eye on out in the first couple of months of the year it's going to end in tears. I need a couple of clones :(

Biggest. mistake. Ever

FML

Man this is the shit that cd key resellers try to pull off.

Longest termination ever. Feels like he was being fired slowly for the last 3 months.

So I did a little calculating of the games I've bought this year and the amount I've finished. Works out at a ratio of 7.25 bought to every game finished. Unless I'm planing for an upcoming nuclear winter very soon I can't help but think that's a tad wasteful. There isn't even 'well you don't get to see digital games' excuse as I've still got a stack of shame of physical games I've bought this year but not started let alone played. I would make a proclamation to only buy 5 games again next year but seeing how well that went this year and there's more than 5 games I've got my eye on out in the first couple of months of the year it's going to end in tears. I need a couple of clones :(

I'm going to try and stick with one game purchase a month. And maybe if I finish something then I can reward myself with another. Probably not going to work but hey, at least it's a good plan!

accel

So I did a little calculating of the games I've bought this year and the amount I've finished. Works out at a ratio of 7.25 bought to every game finished. Unless I'm planing for an upcoming nuclear winter very soon I can't help but think that's a tad wasteful.

My ratio is several times worse.

I accepted that I get a lot of the enjoyment simply from collecting shiny stuff - including games. Before I did so, I was feeling very uneasy about having all these games and no time to play them and no hope to ever have enough time to play them, not anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Square-enix NA site.

can't believe they charging me already if they need my verification.

What now? I give them $10 despite I'm not gonna get my item?

man very stupid of me.

Do you live in North America? I've seen this happen before when a big company has multiple online presences in multiple regions, and it's a fraud thing. Their system automatically puts people with addresses outside the region or with credit cards not issued in that region into this pool and makes you verify your information before moving forward.

I agree it's a dick move to have this happen after you've already paid. I had the same problem and gripe with cdkeys earlier this year and regardless of the reasons it's a pretty shitty tactic to take someone's money online without delivering the product immediately afterwards.

Jazz573

Do you live in North America? I've seen this happen before when a big company has multiple online presences in multiple regions, and it's a fraud thing. Their system automatically puts people with addresses outside the region or with credit cards not issued in that region into this pool and makes you verify your information before moving forward.

I agree it's a dick move to have this happen after you've already paid. I had the same problem and gripe with cdkeys earlier this year and regardless of the reasons it's a pretty shitty tactic to take someone's money online without delivering the product immediately afterwards.

Nah. He lives in Indonesia. Or is it Malaysia?

fertygo

I'm not from NA, so maybe its does my mistake for purchasing at NA site. I thought you can do same thing like at newegg/amazon

But still its very shitty they notify me after charging my paypal, ugh

you say that like it's common but PSN only just added wishlists this year and am pretty sure that XBL doesn't have them at all.

Nintendo doesn't know what the internet is so i have no idea what they're doing digitally.

I'm thinking of vendors like Amazon, Newegg, etc... I would like to have a wishlist for each family member.

I'm listening to a podcast discussing the Star Wars Holiday Special

I think i need to see this thing, then play battlefront, and then stay away from the internet for the rest of my life until I see TFA

I'm thinking of vendors like Amazon, Newegg, etc... I would like to have a wishlist for each family member.

sure, when compared to them they're quite behind. However, when compared to other digital storefronts they've been ahead of the curve.

Well, except for key redemption outside of the main client. wish they would work to get that going

They use DigitalRiver for digital purchases. Hate that site. The very idea of not being able to download my purchases after a certain amount of time just drives me up the wall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narcissu KS Update #16: Backerkit Surveys have been sent!

Digital River is terrible. One of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with after a purchase. I go out of my way now to make sure I never have dealings with anyone that uses them ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom