• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

tried to get square enix surprise bundle thing

get this instead

lYKhwIf.png

man fuck off SE

anyone can lend me US phone number to get verification code?

I won't order if knew must through step like this

Not sure if its been posted yet, but if anyone here wants to remain spoiler free for Star Wars, you're gonna need to avoid you notifications page entirely, specifically invites to a group with a tactical nuke spoiler in the title :/ I was only 12 fucking hours away

Deques

tried to get square enix surprise bundle thing

get this instead

lYKhwIf.png

man fuck off SE

anyone can lend me US phone number to get verification code?

I won't order if knew must through step like this

Buy from the EU store instead. I didn't have to input a verification code

Not sure if its been posted yet, but if anyone here wants to remain spoiler free for Star Wars, you're gonna need to avoid you notifications page entirely, specifically invites to a group with a tactical nuke spoiler in the title :/ I was only 12 fucking hours away

It's almost time to abandon the Internet until tomorrow.

yuraya

Man if that Nuuvem sale is anything to go by the Steam winter seal is gonna be really really bad. Prepare for lots of disappointment guise.

Valve better at least do a fun event or something.

Sarcasm

I had to stop playing Dark Souls due to platforming. Combination of me not being good at platforming (why I never buy games in that genre) + the fact that jumping in a souls game is craaapppp.

I had to stop playing Dark Souls due to platforming. Combination of me not being good at platforming (why I never buy games in that genre) + the fact that jumping in a souls game is craaapppp.

Platforming? There's only one particular bad moment of platforming I can think of in Dark Souls and that's the Bed of Chaos.

What's got you hung up?

Kyougar

You know whats funny?

we have the "false savings with PC Gaming" Thread where someone tries to tell us that you dont save on PC Games because you wouldnt buy them in the first place.
And we have the "Whats the point in buying in Console if they take PC like approaches" where the OP asks why to buy a Console if the next generation probbably is more and more like a PC.

In the second threat everyone howls the same Agenda how Console gamer want streamlined experiences, comfy couch gaming, no hassle, plug and Play etc. So basically saying that Console gamers dont want to think about their gaming.
And in the Savings Thread the argument that you also can save substantially on new Console purchases if they use BB club and so on.

So they dont want to hassle with different choices in their couch but magically everyone is a master Gamepurchaser who has 6 different Buyers Club cards to search for the best game Prices.

I love their answer to that:

I'll never undestand this stuff. Like, never.

Moving the goal post is the only thing to do when you find yourself losing an argument.

I saw in that New Yorker top 10 thread that Sunless Sea was #1. (Play that shit, people.) One of the responses was that the person never heard of it. I don't know if it was intended to be dismissive but I definitely read into it that it was.

It's strange stance to take. That a game's critical appreciation is predicated entirely on YOU seems like a great way to paint yourself into a corner of playing the same games over and over.

Kyougar

Moving the goal post is the only thing to do when you find yourself losing an argument.

I saw in that New Yorker top 10 thread that Sunless Sea was #1. (Play that shit, people.) One of the responses was that the person never heard of it. I don't know if it was intended to be dismissive but I definitely read into it that it was.

It's strange stance to take. That a game's critical appreciation is predicated entirely on YOU seems like a great way to paint yourself into a corner of playing the same games over and over.

go in any Steamspy monthly Thread and you see such Posts in the dozens.

Milamber

You know whats funny?

we have the "false savings with PC Gaming" Thread where someone tries to tell us that you dont save on PC Games because you wouldnt buy them in the first place.
And we have the "Whats the point in buying in Console if they take PC like approaches" where the OP asks why to buy a Console if the next generation probbably is more and more like a PC.

In the second threat everyone howls the same Agenda how Console gamer want streamlined experiences, comfy couch gaming, no hassle, plug and Play etc. So basically saying that Console gamers dont want to think about their gaming.
And in the Savings Thread the argument that you also can save substantially on new Console purchases if they use BB club and so on.

So they dont want to hassle with different choices in their couch but magically everyone is a master Gamepurchaser who has 6 different Buyers Club cards to search for the best game Prices.

People just want to justify their purchase. Simple.

I wouldn't necessarily interpret it as dismissive. I know it can happen but it's also true that we're getting bombarded with releases on Steam these days. It's entirely possible for really good games to fly under the radar.

Dr Dogg

End of the day who cares, let them fight and don't drag the open platform into their silly war. We should rejoice like how Dragons Dogma is finally coming to PC. Gone are the shackles of low resolution, woeful framerates and teeny draw distances. All that's missing is a little bit of Daggan reworked into the intro and then we can all sing in union 'The Wind is Pushing Meeeeee!!!'

rtcn63

Slightly related, but my GCU membership still isn't active. I contacted support and they said it should be up in 5-7 days... which was over a week ago. So I ordered the card in October and it's taken nearly three months to finish the process. I probably won't get it until after the holidays, if that.

I have to kill it first? This is where I am dying lol

If you already took out the sides, you just need to head for the center, fall on the er... tentacle branch, run up and finish the boss.

Sarcasm

Slightly related, but my GCU membership still isn't active. I contacted support and they said it should be up in 5-7 days... which was over a week ago. So I ordered the card in October and it's taken nearly three months to finish the process. I probably won't get it until after the holidays, if that.

If you already took out the sides, you just need to head for the center, fall on the er... tentacle branch, run up and finish the boss.

I know. Thing is I was jumping...didn't know there was
a ledge to the right I can walk off and just land on the damn branch LOL

Hektor

Quotes from the emulation thread, I don't understand people. How? Why?

You missed the best quote.

High-Res Emulation is a novelty but is completely disrespectful of the work done by the creator and his team. Playing on the original hardware, using an original copy of the game is the only true way to experience a game. When you do this high-res emulation stuff, you basically insult the technical knowledge and vision of the people behind the game. It's almost as wrong as when if someone would take The Godfather and start adjusting the colors to make it more orange/blue or green or re-frame it with a shaky cam effect because it makes it looks like modern gritty mafia flicks. Doing this would be basically like spitting on Francis Ford Coppola's work and legacy.

Doing this with video games is discarding, throwing away months and years of hard work, tears and blood invested into the creation of it over vapid selfish self-satisfying reasons.

It is shameful, and if we want to consider games as art, we must have the discipline to accept the technical limitations and the original vision of the creators.

UPlay has winter sale too.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/cat/categoryID.70671400/

I think that you get The Division Beta access with every purchase.

Meh, decent prices on Killer is Dead and Ryse but nothing outstanding.

Also, was Fable 3 ever on steam? I could've sworn it was but it's not showing up. I guess if i want it on PC i would need to find a hard copy of it, yuck

edit: oh, it seems to have major issues with newer versions of windows and GFWL? Well that's a bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom