• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
cMNy13s.png

The salt if this happens in the GOTY thread.
Cheesemeister recounts the votes and announces Undertale was the actual winner

perfect lol

So Typing of the Dead Overkill is only $5 on Amazon (steam code). This is my first time having a gaming PC during an upcoming Steam sale. Based on your experience, do you think it would be better for me to wait until the sale starts, I mean is like everything on sale when this happens?

Arthea

Are SAO games any good, actually? I know close to nothing about those

Aside from Atelier games on steam, that day will come, we just need believing and holding onto that feeling, I want Project X Zone games on steam, that has zero chance of happening too.

Are SAO games any good, actually? I know close to nothing about those

Aside from Atelier games on steam, that day will come, we just need believing and holding onto that feeling, I want Project X Zone games on steam, that has zero chance of happening too.

They are not really good and I think you can see the roots as a handheld game similar to Type0. It has a lot of content though, at least Hollow Fragment. But i think its a mediocre game.

Tizoc

So Typing of the Dead Overkill is only $5 on Amazon (steam code). This is my first time having a gaming PC during an upcoming Steam sale. Based on your experience, do you think it would be better for me to wait until the sale starts, I mean is like everything on sale when this happens?

Do you have Enhanced Steam installed on your browser?
Get it and then check Typing of the dead page and see how much its owest price has ever been
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/48535/?snr=1_5_9__403

Arthea

GAF told me they are decent. It was one of the worst purchases I ever made. Avoid.

They are not really good and I think you can see the roots as a handheld game similar to Type0. It has a lot of content though, at least Hollow Fragment. But i think its a mediocre game.

Then, they most likely will come to PC *laughs*

BTW Type0 is on a lot of GOTY lists, so it's only steam community hating on the game, I wish I've played it this year.

first gundam, then suikoden

you badly want me to sulk, don't you? It's Xmas time, have mercy!

With this, it just dawned upon me that we might get Gundam breaker 3 for West, and there's a decent chance that will be ported to PC as it is a PS4 game...

Too much excitement!

Pachimari

Sounds good with Tales of Symphonia HD coming in February, and Tales of Berseria coming to PC as well.

Now I just want that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered announcement as well.

Arthea

Sounds good with Tales of Symphonia HD coming in February, and Tales of Berseria coming to PC as well.

Now I just want that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered announcement as well.

it could be very far from release yet

Talking about FF, I wish SE went a bit back in time and released FF1-2, it doesn't sit well with my collector gene when these two remain omitted for no reason, at least is reason with FF9 being not there.

wait, what main character? That's not a female that was supposed to be a main character, I won't buy that game the day one if it all was a lie, you hear me CDred?

That's what I was asking, is the guy the main character in 2077?
I take it that if it was the female one, she should be in the picture with Geralt.

Just in time after Dragon's Dogma!
Next year will be packed.

Arthea

That's what I was asking, is the guy the main character in 2077?
I take it that if it was the female one, she should be in the picture with Geralt.

not necessarily, you are looking too deep into it, it's just Xmas card
maybe they thought that a guy is more appropriate for that particular pic

No Witcher 3?

Glad to see someone giving rational love to Hotline Miami 2. It was a different beast, feeling at times like a puzzler, from the first game.

I'm going to hold off on voting until I can get a stab at Mario Maker, which I'll be getting around Christmastime, as well as Ori and Undertale, which I'm hoping will be going on sale tomorrow.

I doubt I'll brave picking up Xenoblade before voting. I just can't right now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No Witcher 3?

Glad to see someone giving rational love to Hotline Miami 2. It was a different beast, feeling at times like a puzzler, from the first game.

I'm going to hold off on voting until I can get a stab at Mario Maker, which I'll be getting around Christmastime, as well as Ori and Undertale, which I'm hoping will be going on sale tomorrow.

I doubt I'll brave picking up Xenoblade before voting. I just can't right now.

Haven't gotten around to play Witcher 3 yet sadly :( I don't have PS4 to play Bloodborne either

Arthea

I have 12 games now in my GOTY list, contemplating the story of my life as most of those games nobody played but me, meaning they will have one vote.
Maybe I'll take some more time to think to post it or not to post.

Messiah

I have 12 games now in my GOTY list, contemplating the story of my life as most of those games nobody played but me, meaning they will have one vote.

Sounds like there are a bunch of niche games on your list, huh?

sorry

It doesn't matter if anyone else played it or not. Did you enjoy it? That's the only question that matters.

GOTY has always been a popularity contest, but if you post and someone reads it, you just might get them to try it out. Also, so what if it gets only one vote? You should express yourself.

Arthea

Sounds like there are a bunch of niche games on your list, huh?

sorry

it's not that my tastes are niche, it's that the rest of humanity is so mainstream that I look niche in comparison!

lol

It doesn't matter if anyone else played it or not. Did you enjoy it? That's the only question that matters.

GOTY has always been a popularity contest, but if you post and someone reads it, you just might get them to try it out. Also, so what if it gets only one vote? You should express yourself.

Well, I still have a month to finish maybe one more game (or two) and then decide.
That would take me to 75 finished games per year too, such a nice number, no?
I probably can't do 100, I tried really hard this year, and still not even close.

so, follow me on this:

so EA visits CDPR. The internet being a reactionary bunch, everyone pisses their pants and thinks that EA is about to gobble up another beloved PC developer. All things are, of course, denied as afaik nothing has come from that meeting.

So, here are things we know about EA: for one, they have the Star Wars license. And like a good corporation should, they want to exploit the thing to the max. So they released an online FPS using their best FPS developer, they're working on a third person adventure game with their best TPS studio and some great talent coming onboard for that...but where's the RPG?

So the first line of thinking one would take is that U SO STOOPID BIOWARE DUH but Bioware seems to really have their hands tied up with the Mass Effect reboot/new series. So much so that we're now in the 3rd year of this gen and we've seen practically nothing coming out of them.

So, you're EA, you've got this license for a limited time, and you want to make an RPG, right? So, why not hire CDPR to do the work? Hell, a lot of what's in the Witcher games already transfers over to Star Wars really well: a sword based combat system with force-like abilities, a large and varied world with colorful characters, great writing with plenty of moral conundrums to struggle through, etc. It wouldn't take a whole lot to have them do a Star Wars RPG that is basically just a reskin of TW3 with some changes here and there, like how Battlefront is basically Battlefield but star wars'd. If youre CDPR, you can just use TW3 tech, make it a 25-30 hour RPG instead of a 60-80 hour game that the TW3 was, and you could keep your two team system in place since the project shouldn't be too burdensome.

Sorry for the rant but I thought it was worth chewing on for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom