• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My mistake. I was talking about it being illegal to download a game for emulator without owning the game itself.

It is illegal if you don't own the game. Also I believe it is illegal to download from a website instead of ripping your own copy.

Kriken

The part about him trying to make Witcher lose was a joke.
Just thought it was a bit funny how Witcher's name in the list is the least used one of the variations in thread.

Has mostly seen : Witcher 3, The Witcher 3, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and The Witcher III.

Saw that this morning, need to do some more editing for my list

Ozium

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Incoming Forces got cards.

Well I think God Eater is horrible plot wise and I didn't find the combat that great compared to other games like it, MH and Toukiden, which I personally did the combat better. Good for people who wanted to play them on PC I guess.

The new Tales game looks more promising than the last but, I say that every game but already announcing it for PC is nice.

One Piece, okay.

Gundam and Jojo still not on PC. Both of which I know are timing and licensing issues (Gundam being more on the side of a license thing as All star Battle did get localized.)

Well good for people that wanted to play all of this on PC. It has provided me with nothing though.

Is God Eater like Fallout with Pokemon? Cause thats the impression I get looking up the wiki.

It's a Hunting game like monster Hunter or Toukiden except you have one multipurpose weapon that transforms and can eat stuff. You could look at one video and figure this out.

I thought God Eater was a PSP game or something.. it's PS4?

Does the entire PS4 library consist of PSP/VITA ports and Bloodborne?

Pretty much.

There was God Eater, God Eater Burst (the one that got localized, just an enhanced version of 1), God Eater 2, God Eater 2 Rage Burst (Again the one that's getting localized that's an enhanced version) and God Eater Resurrection which is a remake of one.

God Eater/GE Burst is PSP
God Eater 2 is a Vita game. Rage Burst was made as a Vita game but ported to the PS4 and now getting a PC version. Same for Resurrection as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We got any updates on our Final Fantasy VI modding scene? The itch is real.

I spoke with @rivernyxx yesterday about his modding tool and he says he's still making progress. Apparently there are some weird files encrypted in the obb container that don't conform to any known file formats and he's trying to work those out. He's also building a suite of tools that will allow other modders to easily access, extract, and repackage so less overall work will need to be done in the future.

Still no ETA on when it will be finished, but I've got a lot of old SNES sprites upscaled (from 24px used in SNES to 48px used in the new game) and ready to be swapped. I've got two versions of each, one done with nearest neighbor and the other done with waifu2x. So as soon as the mod tool is released I should be able to start swapping those in.

Grief.exe

I spoke with @rivernyxx yesterday about his modding tool and he says he's still making progress. Apparently there are some weird files encrypted in the obb container that don't conform to any known file formats and he's trying to work those out. He's also building a suite of tools that will allow other modders to easily access, extract, and repackage so less overall work will need to be done in the future.

Still no ETA on when it will be finished, but I've got a lot of old SNES sprites upscaled (from 24px used in SNES to 48px used in the new game) and ready to be swapped. I've got two versions of each, one done with nearest neighbor and the other done with waifu2x. So as soon as the mod tool is released I should be able to start swapping those in.

That sounds excellent, could you post some comparison shots?

Dog will say that the in game upscaling used is still broken.

This is a key for FFXIV's own download system, not Steam. It's also region locked to European accounts. Remove the ampersand at the end of the key (I added it so modbot would let me reuse the key, I must've screwed up my nuke)

Thanks to Petrip, not me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn (MogStation) -- MB-705DE756FC8DDB3B - Taken by The Red Wizard
Europe only

I'm giving away a couple of games that are free at the moment at indiegala and GoG. If you can't get them yourself for some reason or if you need an extra copy, here ya go.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron_Calamity, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blood of Old -- MB-0D302FBC302F98D9 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.

PGP3OVL.png
BIO MENACE (gog) -- MB-E606C693CFFEF173 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1450724704z1.png

Direct2Drive has AC Unity for $15.99 and GamersGate has it for $16...seems like it's finally getting under that $20 price tag for sales

will wait until it gets put at $10 or under

Sarcasm

Anybody know much about N3DS and different regions?

Cheaper to get a JP N3DS LL then it is the states one.

But are regionally blocked online wide?

AlanOC91

That sounds excellent! Really excited for this. It sounds like real progress is being made, fantastic stuff.

I can't wait for this. I've been holding off playing FF6 until it's ready.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wyv and Keep: The Temple of the Lost Idol -- MB-D0F3FCFAEDA45E6E - Taken by OmarYusaf. 7 entrants total.

t1450717864z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
So happy that Tales of Berseria is comng to Steam!

Love the main character looks (and I'm sure that this will sell shit-tons in there lol):

Oh and... Symphonia on February OMG OMG.

whoa that's hideous lol

i should play one of these games, my friend told me the other day to play em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom