• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
1492A6A4B71822C89E8B7B3339F3267A5FDF608A

A3D029B400E45CF0E89135892059AB0213D2C542

5681F7B03E6BFE1E396832E30DD269088D723219

I guess they're technically 'specimens' and not 'zombies', loophole~

Gamespot top 25 list is out and there is no Life is Strange on that list. WTF?

Don't worry, it has Evolve on it...

ha!
Most of the list is ok. It has Tales from the Borderlands which I guess made them feel they had the genre cover. :\
The only surprise is Rocket League isn't number 1. When Mary from Gamespot was on the Giant Bombcast, they said Rocket League had to be banned from work in order to et anything done.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a reminder that the only GOTY list we should care about is the SteamGAF list

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Are you not mad at the latest changes?

I was let down by Tripwire's inability to make the Demo class worthwhile 'in time' for the patch to drop, but certainly wasn't annoyed enough to quit playing for that reason alone. The crew I played with most frequently moved to Rainbow Six: Siege, and I followed them there. We're looking into Squad next, as a precursor to jumping back into Arma 3 after the new expansion hits. We'll try to squeeze some KF2 in between all of that, but it all depends on the whims of the group as a whole.

zkylon

zkylewd
Rocket League will win Steam GOTY

Rocket League should win all the GOTYs just for providing something somewhat new, fresh and entertaining.

I wanted to try State of Decay but, I legit forget about it every time. How to Survive was okay but, I paid a dollar for it this Summer so that might affect my views on it.

I've bought State of Decay three times and I've still not played it. Oops.

Don't worry, it has Evolve on it...
Evolve is an incredibly unique coop game that despite the player count was a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Life is Strange is just another telltale style game with bad writing focused on choices that don't actually matter at all.

Monooboe

So am I the only one who has really hard time with this years GOTY, I seriously have no idea how I will get it ordered.o_O I have more than five games that I feel have to be in the top five...

Holy crap, I didn't remember Turok being so... platformy

and the control options are totally weird: X and Y sensitivity plus move sensitivity AND turn threshold? Also I don't remember that INSANE head bopping at all (which I turned off). All this in the 10 minutes I had time to try. 5/5

Holy crap, I didn't remember Turok being so... platformy

and the control options are totally weird: X and Y sensitivity plus move sensitivity AND turn threshold? Also I don't remember that INSANE head bopping at all (which I turned off). All this in the 10 minutes I had time to try. 5/5

I remember it well, it's the only game I've felt ill from playing.

2008 is new?

Rocket League was released in 2008?

SteamGAF GOTY with anime girls?

7CC003655B945A2DA2115747B63AB7914CD62988

Kind reminder that WotS4 released this year as well.

1. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt ; The story and the world are in another level compared to other open world games. I also really liked the gameplay.
2. Pillars of Eternity ; The best RPG I played all year. Shows that Obsidian still has it.
3. D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die -Season One- (PC) ; An incredibly weird and engrossing game, I got really hooked up when I played it at a friend's Xbox so when it came to PC I knew I had to get it again.
4. Contradiction - Spot The Liar! ; The best FMV adventure I've played in a long time.
5. Sunless Sea ; Great storytelling and an amazing atmosphere.
6. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ; While it doesn't quite have the great storytelling that TNO sported, it still has the same amazing gunplay (and I have to say, the story still has some great moments)
7. Rebel Galaxy ; The freeform gameplay and the great soundtrack made me feel like Mal Reynolds, and that's an amazing feat.
8. Way of the Samurai 4 (PC) ; While the game looks and feels kind of janky, it's full of charm and you can sink a great amount of time trying to see the different endings.
9. Life is Strange ; Great episodic game, loved the story and the characters.
10. Tales from the Borderlands ; Another great episodic game, with a really well told story and great characters.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom