• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I read one of those games as "The Rise of Chubigan". You know, chronicling the rise of the cook serve empire.

MY GOTY

Steam - MGSV (has waifus)
PS4 - Bloodborne (has
vampire
waifus)

I don't know what to think about the removal of the flash and daily deals, this steam sale will not be the same.

Was there any news on store front visits last sale compared to the same sale last year? I know I didn't bother to check it more than once. I also know I didn't buy anything. Steam Sales just aren't exciting any more.

BsrQ1r5.jpg

Have to work your way through school somehow.

Teppic

I don't know what to think about the removal of the flash and daily deals, this steam sale will not be the same.
I like it. I don't have to sit glued to the computer screen and looking at sales 24/7 during the holiday. Just one day and then you can sort of move on. Maybe check it a few more times to see if there's any hidden deals you have missed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.2. This release includes the following changes:
  • Significantly improved speed when getting data for app and profile pages and implemented client-side caching
  • Improved currency and country code detection for price history and regional price comparisons
  • Greatly reduced the number of requests required for retrieving currency conversion information
  • Fixed an issue where the Enhanced Steam menu wasn't visible to users who weren't logged in to Steam
  • Fixed a bug Valve created where wishlist "Links" dropdowns won't display correctly
  • Moved price history on wishlists to the bottom of each entry to prevent elements shifting after data loads
  • Updated app page purchase date to work with new account page layout
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Firefox users, keep an eye on www.arewewebextensionsyet.com as this is Mozilla's own bug tracking tool for when the Chrome-based WebExtensions API will be complete. When this happens, I can continue working on porting the newer versions of Enhanced Steam to Firefox.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

rtcn63

I adored Saints Row IV. It's jank, but superhero jank. The side missions are infinitely better than those of SR3, and less buggy as well. Biggest con? Endless night.

Jawmuncher

Dunno why KT is putting so much hope into Arslan. Most people don't even know WTF it is. While the attack on Titan is still PS family exclusive ATM.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KainXVIII, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Divine Divinity (GOG) -- MB-FA685C1E1039346C - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.

t1450730467z1.png

JMTHEFOX

I found it interesting that games based on Mattel toys are coming to Steam. I guess the sales for Barbie Dreamhouse Party are fairly successful. Not a bad thing, I should say. I do find it strange that this game has partial controller support though, Barbie and her Sisters: Puppy Rescue has full controller support.

Well, I hope that the port will be slightly decent like Samurai Warriors 4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It will be interesting to see how well Enhanced Steam's servers do with the big sale this time around. With the 8.2 update that was just released there were some major optimizations to how the extension pulls data from the API servers and caches it locally for a short time. In theory this means that every ES Chrome user should only be making about 10-15% of the requests they would have otherwise.

With any luck, these optimizations free up enough server overhead so that they don't explode. But of course if they do, I'll be working in the background resolving any issues that arise.

Lomax

Life is Strange might be the only game released this year I've played. And Gat out of Hell, that was this year, right?

I actually enjoy other people's lists, it reminds me what I played and liked for when I vote.

Edit: forgot about HuniePop. Definitely my GotY, no question.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mavromatis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Breed: Impact -- MB-97AF49C6AD223863 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.

t1450731905z1.png

Looking at the screenshots, I was thinking, "You know, this might not be too bad for a licensed game. Kinda like the non-dungeon bits of Persona mixed with Lego Harry Potter or something." Then I saw the video, and...oh. It's a floaty slow platformer. "Games for girls" strikes again.

But how can her face be turned that way and her lower body... nope nevermind.

She's a monster. Possibly a frankenstein or zombie. Having her head turned the wrong way is probably standard for her.

Khronico

My overall GOTY list:

1. Steins;Gate
2. Witcher 3
3. MGSV
4. Hotline Miami 2
5. Pillars of Eternity

My steam GOTY list:

1. Witcher 3
2. MGSV
3. Hotline Miami 2
4. Pillars of Eternity
5. Way of the Samurai 4

I finished a ton of games this year but very few of them where released in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom