• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those keeping track, this is the 7th Sakura game to be released on Steam in 2015. Seven!
  • Sakura Angels
  • Sakura Fantasy Chapter 1
  • Sakura Clicker
  • Sakura Beach
  • Sakura Swim Club
  • Sakura Beach 2
  • Sakura Santa
Which means that someone's SteamGAF GOTY vote could conceivably be all Sakura. The world is a crazy place.

Sale tomorrow?

I'm having withdrawals.
P79sPZL.gif

Monooboe

Is any of the Sakura games actually good? I bought the first one but never tried it, always had a feeling they were kind of a "joke game", something similar to HuniePop(which is actually a good puzzle game to my suprise).

Jawmuncher

Is any of the Sakura games actually good? I bought the first one but never tried it, always had a feeling they were kind of a "joke game", something similar to HuniePop(which is actually a good puzzle game to my suprise).

Yeah they're just ok VNs with decent art work. They definitely fall more into the joke category.

Lomax

The first one apparently had exactly one choice in the entire game. I think they've improved since then, but definitely not quality VNs or good gameplay like HuniePop.

Hektor

The ones i've played are pretty amazing. The cast is always very humorous and charming, even more so than in Persona games. By the end of it you'll really miss them.
The storys are very lighthearted but get emotional and somewhat dark when the plot calls for it, some moments really shocked me. You expect some lewd jokes but BAM suddenly you sit there crying for half an hour cursing your and the characters fate.

The dialogue is pretty well written and reminds me of baroque poetry with a pinch of modern comic book geek culture. An unforgettable style.

The Art is fantastic, it draws huge from picasso and Bob Ross, the colors as well as the characters proportions are unmistakable inspired by "Guernica".

Overall i wholeheartedly recommed those games, they're very thought out with deep storys and i'll make sure to preserve this art for future generations.

i wonder if there's such a thing as the preordering-season-passes defense force and if their numbers have remained steady throughout this debacle.

I should play 1 since I love DP and theyre both twin peaks so logic dictates I'll love Alan Wake?

It's a bit of a chore but it's also worth experiencing. They just made the shooting tedious after a while

Teggy

Kind of curious if Bloodborne can make GOTY simply due to the fact it is a console exclusive. Witcher 3 will get points just for being in the top 10 of people who don't have a PS4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam, we need to talk. My son just sent me this via text:

Man, Uplay is kind of a lot classier than Steam... The transitions and navigation is fluid and easy

For context, he just got done studying the American Revolution this semester in school (year 10 student, sophomore in high school) and he wanted to play Assassin's Creed III. I warned him that it's terrible.

When a 15 year old thinks that Uplay is better (or "classier") than Steam, there is a problem.

For context, he just got done studying the American Revolution this semester in school (year 10 student, sophomore in high school) and he wanted to play Assassin's Creed III. I warned him that it's terrible.

When a 15 year old thinks that Uplay is better (or "classier") than Steam, there is a problem.

The new Uplay client is pretty slick though, not as useful or feature rich as Steam by a long shot but it does look nice I think.

Kyougar

the winterseal is upon us!

HalpSnowSeal.jpeg

Doesnt feel like it. First Time Valve fucks with Winterseal and the weather is going crazy. its fucking warm outside.

Thinking Uplay is better and classier than Steam? That's a paddlin'. I believe my father would say the same thing if I ever uttered those words...and also knew what Steam is.

Arthea

the winterseal is upon us!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kXnVoQ9ZFkQ/TU4NQ9E-P1I/AAAAAAAAJGQ/TAfg8-LbpNE/s1600/HalpSnowSeal.jpeg[/IMG

Doesnt feel like it. First Time Valve fucks with Winterseal and the weather is going crazy. its fucking warm outside.[/QUOTE]

It's raining dogs and cats here today, together with no excitement for winter seal, I can't feel it's Xmas, I try but just can't

I think valve messing with trades yet again may have something to do with it, but there is more, much more

jshackles

The new Uplay client is pretty slick though, not as useful or feature rich as Steam by a long shot but it does look nice I think.

Oh I know, I'm not even mad at the boy. I've seen it in action and he's right, it's got a lot more eye candy than Steam does. Which is a shame really, because it just reminds me of what Steam could be if they actually focused their efforts on aesthetics over pure functionality.

i'll agree with your son about steam being worst than uplay to navigate, at least.

this client is so damn slow, no tabs, too much incessant loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom