• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Not buying Life is Strange at this point should be a bannable offence.

Anyway, as Ashly Burch is going to win tonight (and if she doesn't I'll be sad then go to sleep salty), here's a giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Street Fighter V BETA -- MB-E9A5E77504D4FA8A - Taken by dave is ok. 12 entrants total.
Life is Strange -- MB-462A9927642930DD - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 48 entrants total.

t1449179014z1.png

P.s It's the BETA for Street Fighter V. That'll be given away later.

I traded Yohjo Simulator for 8 tf2 keys. Not the MAXXX $$$ i was expecting but since the game will be coming back to steam I figured I would bail out asap and take what I could get.

Also my 21:9 monitor should be here tomorrow. Time to deal with horrible HUD scaling.

Arthea

somebody send help, I'm going insane here...
which part of a word English MS doesn't understand? is it eng or lish? I even changed my region to US, because they don't give a damn about what language I choose, who cares what a user wants? right? It didn't help, nope
whatever we did to MS that it hates us with such a fervor?

Uzzy

which part of a word English MS doesn't understand? is it eng or lish? I even changed my region to US, because they don't give a damn about what language I choose, who cares what a user wants? right? It didn't help, nope

We refused to play with their Xboners. Obviously.

Parsnip

Feel free to elaborate.

Oh sweet! No date besides January on the storepage. Neat neat neat. DD gonna fulfill that Souls itch very well.

The date was on one of the youtube descriptions for gameplay videos.

Tizoc

Also several games from my top 5 GotY picks are on sale, but mainly Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands. If you haven't picked these up yet, you're missing out.

More Sonty peeps will now discover the Cereal adventures of Chloe and Max.
And likely increase the tourism income of the Oregon :V

Damn, they beat my expectations. Thought he'd wait until the cards went up or something.
I wonder how much money these people who massively give away their titles get with the steam market sales. It's kinda like living off youtube ads.

I should not have spend 12c on 3 copies :(

Arthea

Feel free to elaborate.

oh nvm... I'm going through pains of installing one OS fully updating and installing another, updating, installing one more, that I can wipe it all and install that new one more time for no reason whatsoever, on top of that MS demands me to go through questionnaires in a language I not fully understand at times just because I chose non English language region once, I should have known better, but I do mistakes too sometimes, shocking, I know.

We refused to play with their Xboners. Obviously.

well, they aren't helping their cause with behaviour like this.

Turfster

Everyone already knows this one, but eh.

Humble Gambitious bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Breach & Clear
  • Hard Reset Extended
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
TIER 2: BTA
  • Breach & Clear : Deadline
  • Xeodrifter
  • Magnetic : Cage Closed
TIER 3: 8$
  • Train Fever

zkylon

zkylewd

i noticed sunset was super pricey when i looked at it in the sale, really sad and weird that tale of tales of all companies turned to something like this

Humble Gambitious bundle
  • Breach & Clear
  • Hard Reset Extended
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Xeodrifter
  • Train Fever
any of the bta's worth it?

Humble Gambitious bundle
  • Breach & Clear
  • Hard Reset Extended
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Xeodrifter
  • Train Fever

If the canadian dollar wasnt so bad I would BTA for xeodrifter but it comes to like 7CAD

bloke

Humble Gambitious bundle
  • Breach & Clear
  • Hard Reset Extended
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Xeodrifter
  • Train Fever
Hm, only interested in B&C: Deadline but I read it's buggy mess...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, how is Life is Strange cheaper on console right now? That shouldn't happen.

If I had to guess, it's another byproduct of refunds being available on Steam. In all likelihood, Steam even has a policy now saying you can't discount something further than it's been discounted in the past two weeks.

If it dropped down to $10 on Steam, they would probably see a huge influx of people refunding/rebuying.

Corpekata

Banned
Breach and Clear, at least the first one, kinda sucks. It's clearly designed around being a mobile game. Much better off with something like Doorkickers or Frozen Synapse.

If I had to guess, it's another byproduct of refunds being available on Steam. In all likelihood, Steam even has a policy now saying you can't discount something further than it's been discounted in the past two weeks.

If it dropped down to $10 on Steam, they would probably see a huge influx of people refunding/rebuying.

Wouldn't surprise me if Steam eventually made a policy where if you refund a game you can't re-buy it again until a certain amount of time passes (maybe a week)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wouldn't surprise me if Steam eventually made a policy where if you refund a game you can't re-buy it again until a certain amount of time passes (maybe a week)

I suppose that's the exact opposite of what they should do, so you're right that's probably what it'll be.

What they should do is automatically refund the difference to anyone who is eligible for a refund when a game goes on sale for a cheaper price.

Jawmuncher

I suppose that's the exact opposite of what they should do, so you're right that's probably what it'll be.

What they should do is automatically refund the difference to anyone who is eligible for a refund when a game goes on sale for a cheaper price.

But that would be TOO good.

jshackles

But that would be TOO good.

Valve has the muscles to flex though. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end though - a policy like that would still cause Square Enix to price Life is Strange the same here as it did the discovery sale because there is no way they would want to lose out.

Saty

Or SE should have priced the game at the price they knew they will have on consoles. Anyhow, it's rare situation to have the same game discounted twice at two different sale events inside 2 weeks.

Arthea

IMO, publishers should just give extra discount for anybody that never refunded any of their games they bought, nice permanent discount that works during sales too and not punish us with those that do refunds like every second day.
dreams, dreams

Monooboe

I remember when I played Life is Strange episode 1 on release, my mind was blown, so the excitement to continue was strong but I think I played it again at a wrong time, because I was so damn restless all the time, so I kept alt-tabbing it constantly and I think I also had the sense that I needed to powerthrough them. So by the end it fell alot for me. It still is in the top 5 for me this year but there are too many good games this year so going to be hard to choose.

But going by the feeling I had after the first episode, it definitely is a must play, so rarely can a game surprise one so completely.

Also about the current sale, at least we have an all time low for Cibele, pretty curious about that one.

yuraya

I know people are complaining about the discounts but you have to admit its great for pc gaming. Seeing games like Undertale and Ori have nearly 500k users on Steamspy is really really impressive. PC gaming is as healthy as its ever been and its the biggest reason why we are seeing so many ports come to the platform. This is the golden age of pc gaming and Steam is biggest reason why.

Roughly how long does it take to play through Undertale? I'm looking at the play time of the people who have reviewed it on Steam and a lot of them have played it up to and even over 20 hours.

I would be surprised if one play through is that kind of length.

dex3108

So my uncle found phone when he was walking his dog. I spent good 30 minutes figuring out how can i bypass unlock screen to call/send message someone from contact list without luck. Good thing is phone had full battery and owner called and we arranged meeting and i handed him phone so everything will end up well. That means that lock screens sometimes make harder to help people :D

jshackles

Roughly how long does it take to play through Undertale? I'm looking at the play time of the people who have reviewed it on Steam and a lot of them have played it up to and even over 20 hours.

I would be surprised if one play through is that kind of length.

My daughter said she beat the game in about 7 hours, and that seems to be about the average on HowLongToBeat.

She also said that there are random factors involved that make every playthrough a little different, and that some people are obsessed with finding absolutely everything and are doing dozens of playthroughs to find it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom