• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

People liked Ultra Crazy Fan Fest didn't they?

Well a certain dino loving poster in here liked it but I get the feeling there's some bias in there somewhere. It's meant to be super grind towards the later levels that you really need to play it coop but that was from the GB QL so not exactly the paragons of gaming prowess.

I realized long ago that the chances of meeting someone through daily life who cares about or even knows a fifth as much about games as me is close to nil so gaming tends to be my personal hobby and I just drink/hike/whatever with friends. Bit of a bummer but such is life, plenty of other things to enjoy with them! Think gaming is becoming more accepted though, haven't had anyone speak shit about me when they come over to hang out and see all of my gaming shit in a long time. Although I keep it neat of course.

Also has a lot to due with who you hang out with I suppose. When people are tripping in their free time they're unlikely to judge you for spending time on games, lol.

Same boat.

When I do hear friends or coworkers talk about videos games though...

meerkat-1-o.gif

I realized long ago that the chances of meeting someone through daily life who cares about or even knows a fifth as much about games as me is close to nil so gaming tends to be my personal hobby and I just drink/hike/whatever with friends. Bit of a bummer but such is life, plenty of other things to enjoy with them! Think gaming is becoming more accepted though, haven't had anyone speak shit about me when they come over to hang out and see all of my gaming shit in a long time. Although I keep it neat of course.

Also has a lot to due with who you hang out with I suppose. When people are tripping in their free time they're unlikely to judge you for spending time on games, lol.

Oh, I keep it to myself when I'm hanging out with friends/colleagues, I'm talking more about close family like my wife and other relatives.

We should have an endurance contest to see who can play Heroes at 720P, 20 fps the longest.
Oh, I keep it to myself when I'm hanging out with friends/colleagues, I'm talking more about close family like my wife and other relatives.
I can understand that desire, I tend to date short term so it doesn't bother me but if I do ever end up in a years long relationship hopefully we will be able to get involved in each other's mutual interests or at least appreciate them.

FloatOn

I propose a steamgaf meetup

Grief.exe

Why on earth does that screenshot show a 20 FPS lock option? Like, you have THAT, but not 1440p support?

'PC gamers want options, how can we add value to the port.'
'They are always complaining about their fucking framerate. We will give them more framerate options, that will shut them up?'

Now with the 20 FPS option, you can have the feeling of owning a PS4 without actually buying one!

Tecmo is the hero we deserve.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now with the 20 FPS option, you can have the feeling of owning a PS4 without actually buying one!

Tecmo is the hero we deserve.

Normally I'd agree with you on this, but in this particular instance it's worth pointing out that the game ran at a pretty constant 60fps on PS4 with only a few dips when hundreds of monsters were on the screen.

yuraya

January is going to be really good for PC.

Both MGO3 and Dragons Dogma releasing. Singleplayer and multiplayer goodness in same month :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Is it bad of me that the first thing I noticed was how blurry the PS4 shot is vs the PS3 shot? And how the textures on the stairs had been completely replaced? I didn't even notice that the guy was a different skin color until you guys pointed it out.

MUnited83

For you.
Dear Valve: Fuck right off with the authenticator bullshit. Thanks to it i'm constantly logged out from the browser, the mobile browser and even idlemaster.

Parsnip

That's a very nice improvement. That third comparisson showing the difference in shadows and ground textures is very telling.

Nope, all Saudi characters were changed to white.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187702611&postcount=15

No, not random, they changed Saudi characters.

Well that's weird then.

Maybe someone thought the original models looked too dark for Saudi character and someone overcorrected.

Also keep in mind.
Please someone tell European and American media that in Arabian countries aristocratic or at least higher class people mostly have pale skin and those working on the streets, or lower class mostly have tanned skin colour. And that's why tanned black guys in some upper class bodyguard company would look a little bit odd. And that's why probably they got changed to some more appropriate and realistic ones.

Ruruja

Is it bad of me that the first thing I noticed was how blurry the PS4 shot is vs the PS3 shot? And how the textures on the stairs had been completely replaced? I didn't even notice that the guy was a different skin color until you guys pointed it out.

I thought it was about how the PS3 version looks better.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
KF 1015: Return of the Patriarch - Available NOW!
DECEMBER 3 - [TW]YOSHIRO
The brand new Return of the Patriarch Content Pack for KILLING FLOOR 2 includes the following:
  • New Boss – The Patriarch
  • 2 New Maps – Farmhouse and Black Forest
  • 1 New Perk – Gunslinger
  • 1 New Playable Character - Oisten Jaegerhorn
  • Zed-conomy and Trading Floor Store
  • Other New Features including server welcome screen, various bug fixes and improvements, steam mod and map workshop added and much more!

jshackles

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So could anyone get some comparison shots with the ps4 and PC versions of DQH?

Would be shit if it's like the one piece game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom