• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

Lol yeah. I don't quite grasp the concept behind 'most impact game'.
Impact in what, our feelings? Sure, LiS totally deserved it. But it's too broad.

My guess is it's a replacement for the "games for change" category. Which was also a dumb category.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armaly, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Psychonauts -- MB-9AB6AD8B267DAE9B - Taken by Mikurden. 14 entrants total.

t1449218348z1.png

My guess is it's a replacement for the "games for change" category. Which was also a dumb category.
I thought you were saying they replaced it with the Impact award, but it seems to still be there... I have absolutely no idea what GFC is supposed to be, looking at the nominees. I guess innovative titles?
Edit: Nevermind, I've finally found a list of the award winners, and LiS won Games For Change. IMPACT!

What is this free Shadow complex thing you guys speak about?
Click him anywhere:

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys heard of this game Pankapu? It's a 2D action platformer, but it looks pretty good and apparently has music from the Secret of Mana guy, just like Indivisible.

The world map looks so nice:

It's 7k short of its goal with 7 days to go, so it'll prob get funded. It's weird because it's a part of the Square Enix Collective thing? I thought nothing ever came from that initiative.

Dsyndrome

Only saw the last half of TGA, drunk Mark Hamill and Jade Raymond made it worthwhile. Lots of shade at the end, was fine with the GOTY, feel bad for Bloodborne.

Debating Shadow Complex; free is free, but Steam, Origin, and Galaxy are already enough clients for me. Hopefully I can still grab it next week after coming back from DC.

Will probably back Psychonauts 2, don't feel betrayed by Tim really.

Dr Dogg

So from what I understand the Keighleigh's were a bag of shite , stuff full with marketing nonsense and the only good bit were Geoff doing what Geoff does best, journalism. Well I could say I tried to warn you folks but it seems that what a lot of you are after anyways. I don't know.

Though Shadow Complex? For free? On PC? Oh Tim Sweeny I could kiss you! Smart move by Epic tethering it to their launcher though. Hopefully more peeps check it out, try a little UT, maybe even toy around with UE4. Granted I'd have loved it on Steam but hey Epic wants to grow their platform and you can't argue with the price.

Nabs

I had high hopes for the Linus Tech Tips review, but this review sounds like he didn't spend much time with the thing or the config tool. Oh well.

dex3108

So from what I understand the Keighleigh's were a bag of shite , stuff full with marketing nonsense and the only good bit were Geoff doing what Geoff does best, journalism. Well I could say I tried to warn you folks but it seems that what a lot of you are after anyways. I don't know.

Though Shadow Complex? For free? On PC? Oh Tim Sweeny I could kiss you! Smart move by Epic tethering it to their launcher though. Hopefully more peeps check it out, try a little UT, maybe even toy around with UE4. Granted I'd have loved it on Steam but hey Epic wants to grow their platform and you can't argue with the price.

Nah it was fine show. Nice tributes, announcements and funny moments. I don't care about ads.

People are actually playing the new UT?

...I mean, I know they are, but I still feel the need to ask.

Yeah, it's really fun, and free, just like Shadow Complex™ Remastered, free for the Holidays, exclusively on Epic Game Launcher!

ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵐᵉˢˢᵃᵍᵉ ᵇʳᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʸ ᵐʸ ᶫᵒᵛᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵘᶰʳᵉᵃᶫ ᵗᵒᵘʳᶰᵃᵐᵉᶰᵗ

Ludens

Banned
I don;t think that game will ever come to Steam. They will just charge for it in their Store.

I think it will come, why they should give up on such a big marketplace?
This seems the typical situation in which "we release it in our store first, on other stores later", like SE did with FFVII.

dex3108

I think it will come, why they should give up on such a big marketplace?
This seems the typical situation in which "we release it in our store first, on other stores later", like SE did with FFVII.

Why? They gave it for free day 1 for a whole month, they have Unreal engine so they don't care about Shadow Complex profitability, but they care about expanding their platform and expanding their user base.

Ludens

Banned
Why? They gave it for free day 1 for a whole month, they have Unreal engine so they don't care about Shadow Complex profitability, but they care about expanding their platform and expanding their user base.

And this is why they are giving it, for free, for one month. To expand their user base. And well, it worked. But of course the game is profitable, if they ported it, they want to do money out of it, so it will reach Steam eventually. Otherwise they wouldn't port it.

I just don't want to deal with more clients. I don't want to have to deal with maintaining seperate passwords, user sign-in, authenticators, and what not for multiple clients and services when that's kind of what you need to do with every single major published game these days.

It's not just games, it's bleeding into everything.

Dr Dogg

So we can actually have a new game written by Wolpaw again!

People just have to crowdfund it! Neat.

...on Fig.

Though I'm sure Urquhart, Frago, and Schafer wanted a marquee product to highlight the service, after Double Fine's antics with their last couple of projects this is going to be 'interesting' to watch unfold.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Escapists gets festive free Santa's Sweatshop DLC

Arresting.

Indie prison role-player The Escapists will get free Christmas DLC on 8th December, titled Santa's Sweatshop.

zmL5AWJ.jpg

The add-on will launch on the same date for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Santa's Sweatshop will add a new festive level where elves are living behind bars, forced to make toys for Father Christmas.

After 20 years of being an enslaved elf, it's time to go Dobby on your bearded master and take back Christmas for yourself.

It sounds like there's a fair amount new for players to be presented with - fresh jobs, characters, dialogue, items and craftables to discover, plus more achievements and a festive soundtrack.

Sober

New engine or gtfo
With the way TT is announcing new games I don't see them writing a new engine. Maybe fixing the bugs people experience their current one now or smoothing out the kinks in production that seem to keep cropping up, but unless they suddenly stop or slow down acquiring projects, I don't think so.

The past two weeks just flew by. Here's hoping the DLC releases before the year is out.
That is gross, but I'm sorta doing that with Rogue right now. So I guess I shouldn't judge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom