• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tempted to get The Witcher 3 right now... though I won't even play it immediately. Any chance it will be cheaper during the christmas sale?

Tizoc

My grave is ready for me
cvpmwaxweaezthpdjs93.png

Now stop being grim Jaw.
We'll get DC 1 and 2 on PC. They'll be touched up and have their pre rendered backgrounds scale well on new systems.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Westwood Games retrospective was hilarious.

Westwood Games started the RTS* genre with Dune 2!** and Command and Conquer***! Then they were super succcessful!****. Now let's hear the founders of Westwood give a speech: "Do what you want to do in life, if that's make games, go for it!"*****. Yay for the spirit of game development******

* A genre that's now mostly dead.
** Which you can't buy anywhere because EA sucks at making their back catalogue available
*** You can buy some of these, but only on Origin******* because EA sucks at making their back catalogue available.
**** And got shut down after being bought by EA, which we won't mention.
***** one of the two guys managing a speech runs an art gallery, the other one made gambling games and then worked for zynga
****** next up: Geoff Keighley explains how a game publisher is using a fleet of lawyers to hold a game developer hostage and force him not to make public appearances, ain't game development grand?!
******* Origin is the name of another company EA bought and killed, just FYI.

Sober

Westwood Games started the RTS* genre with Dune 2!** and Command and Conquer***! Then they were super succcessful!****. Now let's hear the founders of Westwood give a speech: "Do what you want to do in life, if that's make games, go for it!"*****. Yay for the spirit of game development******

** Which you can't buy anywhere because EA sucks at making their back catalogue available
*** You can buy some of these, but only on Origin******* because EA sucks at making their back catalogue available.
***** one of the two guys managing a speech runs an art gallery, the other one made gambling games and then worked for zynga
****** next up: Geoff Keighley explains how a game publisher is using a fleet of lawyers to hold a game developer hostage and force him not to make public appearances, ain't game development grand?!
Did not know that's where the Westwood founders went after EA killed it but yeah.

Should've thrown EA under the bus for killing Westwood (amongst other studios) but I guess Konami was an easier target since they pretty much quit the industry anyway.

Annubis

92bmyQF.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Be nice to your waifu/husbando.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-13C33EF7741EACFC - Taken by Cyldman. 11 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-C8D4E91C01199704 - Taken by Jalal. 9 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-827A206512442E72 - Taken by GERGiEV. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3C4A2539ADF546CF - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-16CF908F0E4B0AAA - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
X-note -- MB-EF6FB91050874131 - Taken by pantsattack. 6 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-B5E3DC7FC55AA95A - Taken by GaussTek. 3 entrants total.
Soul Gambler -- MB-443F90C8031CAB45 - Taken by Loptous. 4 entrants total.

t1449291789z1.png

yuraya

Seems like TGA is really big and so many eyes are watching it. Kinda sad how lame all the World premieres were. You would think the show would have gotten some good stuff but the only big thing was TellTale Batman. Hopefully the show keeps growing so devs could give Keighley some megatons to drop next time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Already crossed the 200 games removed mark. It's getting tedious now as I got all the bundle stuff in a couple sweeps and some of the shittier packages.

Tizoc

Which of the games listed through here aren't RTS?
http://store.steampowered.com/searc...rategy#sort_by=Released_DESC&tags=1676&page=1

Annoyed I forgot to buy Siege when it was going for 20 dollars, no one is selling the Nvidia codes in the bst thread and the price has been jacked way up on ebay.

Locust

There's no way permanently removing stuff isn't just a boolean in the database. They can't be actually deleting anything if you can get it back immediately from the support site :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Can someone here explain this gif for me?

wijwzm.gif

What's actually happening?

jade raymond announced the winner for best performance

she said viva seifert (the woman in front of the cdpr dev and main character in her story) for witcha 3

basically the cards got mixed up name of the game and actor and cdpr guy is all wtf while viva is all yaay

Wait what? Psychonauts 2 Kickstarter?!

and it's almost 500k already https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

Teggy

Can someone here explain this gif for me?

wijwzm.gif

What's actually happening?

Drunk Jade Raymond announced that the woman from Her Story won best voice acting for Witcher 3. Her Story woman is hugging and guy is producer of Witcher 3. Everyone was confused.

Her Story won the award for best performance but the girl announcing it said Witcher 3 instead lol.

jade raymond announced the winner for best performance

she said viva seifert (the woman in front of the cdpr dev and main character in her story) for witcha 3

basically the cards got mixed up name of the game and actor and cdpr guy is all wtf while viva is all yaay

and it's almost 500k already https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

Drunk Jade Raymond announced that the woman from Her Story won best voice acting for Witcher 3. Her Story woman is hugging and guy is producer of Witcher 3. Everyone was confused.

Lol, that's totally hilarious. I feel the guy.
Her Story deserved it though.

I thought it was one of the worst games I've played but I'm suddenly tempted to play Brutal Legend with it being mentioned as a potential fundraiser down the line. Those rts segments are so bad but it had a nice art style.

I caught up on the whole award show while I was at work.

I don't care about the actual awards but some sounded like a surprise.

Psychonauts 2 in the hands of current Double Fine I could care a lick about. Send me back in time 7 years and announce it.

A fucking Batman Telltale game.

No comment on Shaq Fu.

The rest of the show seemed to me just a normal show.

Jawmuncher is being a baby again

More garbage Idea Factory and Compile Heart games coming to Steam

And worked sucked.

5OuL8I6.jpg

Psychonauts 2 in the hands of current Double Fine I could care a lick about. Send me back in time 7 years and announce it.

And worked sucked.

5OuL8I6.jpg
Pretty much.

Just another day.

Hopefully the budget they've asked for Psychonauts 2 is enough in combination with private backing, I didn't play it but I heard even after all the delays part two of Broken Age was almost entirely reused assets and locations.

Jazz573

A fucking Batman Telltale game.

And worked sucked.

5OuL8I6.jpg

NepNep isn't garbage. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom