• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Fig or go home!

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah~

What a perfect top of page post, bah.

Life is Strange is on sale, you guys. Again. Now's your chance!

Sober

I hope everyone watching The Game Awards (or really video games event in the last couple of years) has learnt never to wear a t-shirt/graphic tee and suit jacket combo.

Why won't these people stop?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can't figure out how the fuck to even download Shadow Complex.

Fuck this I'm going to bed.

Tizoc

Psychonauts 2 in the hands of current Double Fine I could care a lick about. Send me back in time 7 years and announce it.

Nobody gave a fuck about Psychonauts 7 years ago, quit being a baby just cuz gaming news that interest you weren't announced :V

Hopefully the budget they've asked for Psychonauts 2 is enough in combination with private backing, I didn't play it but I heard even after all the delays part two of Broken Age was almost entirely reused assets and locations.

I liked Broken Age and would put it among my GotY 2015 list if not for other great games I played this year.
I liked BA so much I got it for PS4 as well.
It's just a nice traditional PnC game. The kind you can let others play when visiting over or play for them.
Really give it a try if you like PnC games, you'll like BA I think, just go in for the PnC experience and you may end up liking it.

Indivisible basically needs to raise 190K in 26 hours to get that TRIGGER anime opening for sure.

I think they might reach that goal, but otherwise I'm just glad the game's gonna happen :D

Oh yeah that's right there was this and a Far Cry Primal trailer right? I guess Ill watch that.

Is the process to get Shadow Complex...uh complex?

Nobody gave a fuck about Psychonauts 7 years ago, quit being a baby just cuz gaming news that interest you weren't announced :V

Nah what I mean is I would be more excited for it 7 years ago than I would be now. In all honesty I am glad it is getting made, if it gets funded.

Tizoc

Less than 24 hours? it's less than 3 hours.

Dang...
$500,000 in 3 hours' time
That's gotta be a record right? oR AT LEast a record of some kind!

G'nite!
It's actually 10 AM here and I woke up like 2 hours ago BECAUSE I READ THAT SHADOW COMPLEX WAS FREE ON PC

Anyways their servers are hammered, that's why the client isn't loading the game when you run it. As such you won't see the link to download the game.

Wtf is this shit.
GiKROj.png

i.... i dont know what to say.

zkylon

zkylewd

didn't catch that, that's cool

i really liked brutal legend back in the day

didn't grab me right away when i played it on pc and i feel it hasn't aged great but i also never really felt like replaying any of the double fine's games, they feel more like first time experience things to me

Lomax

Dang...
$500,000 in 3 hours' time
That's gotta be a record right? oR AT LEast a record of some kind!

Planescape did that in like, a half hour.

Honestly the most interesting thing about the pitch is their breakdown of the sales of the game. Neat to see the long tail of a game spelled out so well.

I want to hear more about Torment so bad, hope we get new details soon.

Last Project Scissors kickstarter update said we'd get big news this month, imagine it's not the launch as originally intended as why would you not just say it but that is how it goes. Hope it's not completely terrible given it's a super enhanced mobile game. Almost regret backing it because I think that's rather limiting but I love Clock Tower so.

oipic

Scotty Weiland, RIP. Sigh. Sad but probably inevitable news.

--------

Can't even sign up for that Epic Games/Shadow Complex thing, let alone download... will try again tomorrow, I think.

--------

ricochetguro, your new avatar is as always as classy as can be. You have style and grace, my friend. I'm with you on Torment, too.

--------

Awards worth watching/skimming through (assuming there's a VOD somewhere?) for those of us that missed them? Even just for Jade Raymond's appearance? When are we going to hear more about her game, anyway?

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like torment is a game i just wanna play, i have never found myself reading all those lengthy backer updates on the crisis systems and the colors and any of that

it's weird, i love planescape torment a whole lot and i did the right thing and backed it but i just can't feel that interested in this one the way i did for eternity and w2

i just wanna see it in action for reals, then i'll probably get full on board

Teggy

I hope the game awards just goes with this whole drunk presenters and insults thing. It could be their signature bit and add a lot of unpredictability to the show. Could draw in more viewers too.

chronomac

Finally.

Cymu6gL.jpg

kFnqHZn.jpg

The first is in DX11 mode and the second DX9. I hoped the latter would allow it to work with Gedosato, but nope. I tried to select a higher resolution than 1080p but the game freaked out, flickering the screen on and off.

Finally.

Cymu6gL.jpg

kFnqHZn.jpg

The first is in DX11 mode and the second DX9. I hoped the latter would allow it to work with Gedosato, but nope. I tried to select a higher resolution than 1080p but the game freaked out, flickering the screen on and off.

Is it my imagination or does the DX9 screen (below) look better? Might be the camera zoom doing stuff.

Despite launching the game a few times yesterday with no luck Dreamfall Chapters finally loaded my saves from the clouds so that's a relief!

Copons

OMG OMG OMG OMG Psycho 2 OMG OMG OMG OMG

My fave platformer of all time, fuck yessssssssssssss!1!

But, this time I won't shell out any sponduli for their crowdfunding, considering that DF hasn't released any 40$ worth of game since... eh, since Psycho 1, 200 years ago.

I'm totally looking forward to their (apparently free on YT at 720p) customary documentary, though.

Oh and the pitch video sucked balls and was super boring, EXCEPT the three seconds with Eric Wolpaw. Best three seconds on YouTube ever.
And the G-man looks kinda ripped there, he should buy a new smaller polos wardrobe to let us better see his pects.

chronomac

Played for 10 minutes, then exited to tinker with settings, then logged back into the game to see that cloud login worked...but it deleted my save.

EDIT: Got it working at 1440p though.

kRuigY5.jpg

It runs at a smooth 60 FPS but it's showing its age.

Hektor

So, what was announced at the Game Awards?

I see Psychonauts 2
I saw someone mentioning Telltale Batman

Anything else? Chapter 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom