• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

I actually enjoyed the setting much more than I thought I would, and mechanically and structurally it's probably the most solid open world title Ubi has made yet, some uninspired missions and frustrating optional objectives aside. I suppose I'd put it above Unity but below 2/Brotherhood (and of course the original), simply because I still believe Renaissance Italy is by far and away the best setting of the series thus far, which leads me nicely into...

I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is set during WW1, but there really are an inordinate amount of references to Renaissance Italy peppered throughout Syndicate. Too many to be mere nods is what I'm choosing to believe for now. ;)

Edit: Oh, and Evie is a great character. I hope Ubi has been collecting data on Jacob/Evie usage and decides it's time for a female protagonist.

I agree with you on Syndicate on most part, though I would even say it's one of my favorites, might even be the best AC for me, though haven't been able to rank it in my head, still have that bliss I get when get around half way through a AC game.XD

Also yeah, Evie.<3 I'm actually suprised, I always play as male given the choice in a game but now I almost exclusively play as Evie.

Arthea

Not sure why anyone would remove games from their library if anything for the reason not rebuying them by accident when you can hide them if they annoy you so much.
But I remember Stallion and some other people wanting this, so I guess it's for them,
weirdos

the question to those removing:
Does it remove playtime, stats and cheevos too?

Yet poor madjoki who brought up removing Steam subs in here in the first place gets no credit.

life is unfair as I keep repeating

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-6F64E10A82026D6D - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-188385A15F163DE5 - Taken by redlacs. 4 entrants total.
Breach & Clear -- MB-CF4F8DDF037CA71C - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1449232633z1.png

def sim

You can go steam only, just be prepared to be one year behind.

AC is a declining franchise, maybe we'll see sales on steam sooner than before. I certainly won't wait a year for Syndicate. I'll have it before the year's end, uplay or steam, for sure.

Yet poor madjoki who brought up removing Steam subs in here in the first place gets no credit.

Aw

Gotta put yourself out there sometimes.

dex3108

I just tried Uncharted 4 MP Beta. Matchmaking can take a really long time but i haven't noticed any significant lag in game. It is fun fast paced TPS MP but nothing special (this is my first Uncharted MP experience). I played only 2-3 matches so i can't really talk about balance but it seems that ND will have to tweak few things. I also don't see point of taunts when you don't have time in game to use them because it is really fast MP. There is nothing innovative or new in my opinion. All in all when i buy Uncharted 4 i don't think that i will ever play MP.

Now that i spent my daily console talk in Steam thread quota i should probably try Shadow Complex to see why jshackles and others like it (i think i saw him posting that he likes it XD).

Nice! Dragon Punch, your thread on the game deletion thing got a shout-out from PC Gamer.

5n6Mu28.png

Edit: of course, very late...oops. Spent far too long on that little highlight thingy.

It's also interesting that they're using Fallout 4 as the guinea pig.

The thread is also serve as 'gaf most unwanted steam game on their library' list.

Chariot

So sell me on Plague Inc. What sort of game is it? The video in Steam didn't really show much.
Imagine a good old flashgame. Imagine that it evolved with the full possibilites of a full game. You are the origin, the beginning of the end, the virus. You choose a country where to start and then evolve traits like heat or cold resistance, symptons like coughing and special virus traits to have yourself evolve. To infect mankind before they can find and cure you. It's a strategical game where you choose by evolving how to best destroy all of mankind. It's very fun, and the different viruses are very different. From being just some kind of plague to being a zombie menace or a virus that makes apes intelligent and dangerous.

You can also call your virus "anime" or "30fps" and see how everyone suffers it until no one is left.

derExperte

The thread is also serve as 'gaf most unwanted steam game on their library' list.

I have a great idea for a new SteamSpy statistic.

Oh, by all means please do so.
It'll be an interesting findings. :D

Whenever I say 'I have an idea' I mean 'Someone else should do this'. Don't even have an account and there probably aren't enough bothering with the removal option to make a noticeable dent anyway.

I can see the function being useful for solving not being able to purchase certain game packages, but unwanted games? There's already a hide function, why throw away the +1s?

I can see the function being useful for solving not being able to purchase certain game packages, but unwanted games? There's already a hide function, why throw away the +1s?

Can people still see your hidden games on your library?
Just asking, haven't tried hiding anything so far.

Pachimari

So if I have Shadow Complex in my Epic Games launcher, Hearthstone in my Blizzard launcher and such and I add them as a non-steam game to Steam, how do I do, so that the games are launched, and not the launchers?

dex3108

So if I have Shadow Complex in my Epic Games launcher, Hearthstone in my Blizzard launcher and such and I add them as a non-steam game to Steam, how do I do, so that the games are launched, and not the launchers?

No, both game and launcher are started but you have Steam Overlay on top of them so you can use Screenshot function and other Steam Overlay features.

Deques

Look for the executables of the games

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Imagine a good old flashgame. Imagine that it evolved with the full possibilites of a full game. You are the origin, the beginning of the end, the virus. You choose a country where to start and then evolve traits like heat or cold resistance, symptons like coughing and special virus traits to have yourself evolve. To infect mankind before they can find and cure you. It's a strategical game where you choose by evolving how to best destroy all of mankind. It's very fun, and the different viruses are very different. From being just some kind of plague to being a zombie menace or a virus that makes apes intelligent and dangerous.

You can also call your virus "anime" or "30fps" and see how everyone suffers it until no one is left.

ah so you play as the strain itself?

I believe you can run Blizzard games directly from their .exe files just fine. However, you'll have to run them from battlenet if there were any patch released. Not sure about Shadow Complex though, but from my experience with mmorpgs (which have their own launchers), you can simply put the launcher (or shortcut) as non-steam game and run it from steam.

yes they can, so what?

People judge others all the time, and some people might feel insecure by that.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Survivor Squad -- MB-63F7C80592190450 - Taken by ExoSoul

user237

It doesn't bother me that Netflix has some movies that I don't care about, so it shouldn't bother me that my Steam account has some games that I don't want to play. So I won't delete any of my games. But I understand if other people want to delete games for organizational purposes or whatever. Would be nice if those people could get some gems (do people even use gems anymore?)

Regginator

is hard reset worth my time? and please, i'm talking about the time I have to spend with it, not the $1 it costs in the humble bundle. artistically looks pretty cool, good design, but I don't hear a lot of good things about the gameplay

rtcn63

is hard reset worth my time? and please, i'm talking about the time I have to spend with it, not the $1 it costs in the humble bundle. artistically looks pretty cool, good design, but I don't hear a lot of good things about the gameplay

I found it repetitive, but if you're into classic PC shooters like Rise of the Triad and Shadow Warrior, it might be up your alley.

Arthea

Private profile to the rescue.

nah, that's the worst option, I'm really suspicious when people have a private profile, not to mention that they can't use MGS or other stats, cheevos sites, trading is also a problem.

it depends, I never finished it, but I can say it looks surprisingly good, is unfair and hard quite often, and it is not short if you go for cheevos.

fake edit: rtcn63 is right tho, it is repetitive

Ludens

Banned
Wow, Dreamfall Chapters Episode 4 is still boring like other episodes. I managed to take a couple of nice screenshots but that's it, stopped playing for now because I'm falling asleep.
What a shame, Longest Journey was an amazing title, never boring, Chapters is just a pillow for me.

FloatOn

stoked about removing games from my account.

so many stupid drunk purchases will bite the dust.

but not bad rats, mmbosstones86 got that for me. I'll cherish it always

I played the demo years ago around the time it came out. I thought that HUD was dope.

Don't know about the rest of the game though.

Arthea

Wow, Dreamfall Chapters Episode 4 is still boring like other episodes. I managed to take a couple of nice screenshots but that's it, stopped playing for now because I'm falling asleep.
What a shame, Longest Journey was an amazing title, never boring, Chapters is just a pillow for me.

That could be nostalgia talking, tLJ has severe pacing problems, slow movement problems, etc. Not saying it's a bad game, but it was boring at times.
Then again I haven't even bought Chapters yet, so IDK how it compares to tLJ.

Ludens

Banned
That could be nostalgia talking, tLJ has severe pacing problems, slow movement problems, etc. Not saying it's a bad game, but it was boring at times.
Then again I haven't even bought Chapters yet, so IDK how it compares to tLJ.

Yep, it had his issues for sure (I still remember the biggest, strange one for me: the intro of the game, the one with the old lady telling the story, was both subbed and dubbed in italian: the main game was totally in english, subbed and dubbed, but yeah, there were issues, but the core game, the story, the puzzles were all very good). Even Dreamfall had many issues, still delivered more than Chapters.

How does game removal benefit the user? If you remove it doesn't it mean that your purchase was an even bigger waste since you receive no benefit other than a removal of the game from your library?

Good man.

Now get your own waifu.

How does game removal benefit the user? If you remove it doesn't it mean that your purchase was an even bigger waste since you receive no benefit other than a removal of the game from your library?

I agree. Pretty sure most are using it for removing bundle fodder.

Nabs

Hard Reset depends on what you enjoy. I loved it, but I love making things go boom. I also like when games let you choose how you make things go boom. It also has gravity grenades. I mean, what's not to like about that?

Play the demo and see if it's for you.

fertygo

No benefit?

More chance to get booster pack drop that actually matter!

Arthea

No benefit?

More chance to get booster pack drop that actually matter!

steam in the nutshell, cards, skins and hats matter, everything else is just nice bonus

Yep, it had his issues for sure (I still remember the biggest, strange one for me: the intro of the game, the one with the old lady telling the story, was both subbed and dubbed in italian: the main game was totally in english, subbed and dubbed, but yeah, there were issues, but the core game, the story, the puzzles were all very good). Even Dreamfall had many issues, still delivered more than Chapters.

A pity really, I had some hopes for Chapters.

redlacs

its one of those games that deserve a chance if nothing else.
i loved it and went for all achievements and dont regret single of those 50 hours. its up there for me along with Painkillers
heads up though, its not your regular twitch shooter. its more of a.. tactic shooter? you only have two weps with various mods.. well, long story short, i played it wrong for the first 10 hours. incapacitate first, then eliminate!

Chariot

Ooo interesting.

I feel like I should wait it out after EA
No. The game is already complete, there are just new viruses and scenarios added. You can have plenty of fun with the good amount in there. Especially monkey and zombie are superb fun. You can invest at any time and have lots and lots of fun.

FloatOn

Hard Reset depends on what you enjoy. I loved it, but I love making things go boom. I also like when games let you choose how you make things go boom. It also has gravity grenades. I mean, what's not to like about that?

Play the demo and see if it's for you.

the bosses suck tho

and the story was pretty lame. I'd like to see that team get a bigger budget and release another fps since the shooting was so satisfying.

It's basically an OCD thing for me. Like when I look at my library of games I get this sense of shame on so many games that turned out to be fucking garbage:

alpha protocol
batman oranges
revengence
risen 2

etc etc

or bundle trash that I shouldn't have bought in the first place. so it will be nice to look at my full library of games and be like "yeah everything I own is good now"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom