• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is gross, but I'm sorta doing that with Rogue right now. So I guess I shouldn't judge!

I couldn't hit 100% in Rogue as one of the viewpoints broke on me. :( Amusingly enough, though, I did unlock the Uplay achievement for syncing them all.

Dr Dogg

And this is why they are giving it, for free, for one month. To expand their user base. And well, it worked. But of course the game is profitable, if they ported it, they want to do money out of it, so it will reach Steam eventually. Otherwise they wouldn't port it.

To be fair it is also coming out on PS4 and XO at some point later. So if Epic were after any money that's the 2 platforms where they're probably looking to make it.

The past two weeks just flew by. Here's hoping the DLC releases before the year is out.

Thoughts? How does it rank for you?

Corpekata

Banned
I like the AC games more or less but the idea of 100 percenting any of them sounds hellish. These days I don't even bother collecting any of the stupid glitches or sea shanties and whatnot except by random chance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thoughts? How does it rank for you?

I actually enjoyed the setting much more than I thought I would, and mechanically and structurally it's probably the most solid open world title Ubi has made yet, some uninspired missions and frustrating optional objectives aside. I suppose I'd put it above Unity but below 2/Brotherhood (and of course the original), simply because I still believe Renaissance Italy is by far and away the best setting of the series thus far, which leads me nicely into...

Will the next AC continue the progression of time or go back, you think?

I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is set during WW1, but there really are an inordinate amount of references to Renaissance Italy peppered throughout Syndicate. Too many to be mere nods is what I'm choosing to believe for now. ;)

Edit: Oh, and Evie is a great character. I hope Ubi has been collecting data on Jacob/Evie usage and decides it's time for a female protagonist.

Lain

Have you guys heard of this game Pankapu? It's a 2D action platformer, but it looks pretty good and apparently has music from the Secret of Mana guy, just like Indivisible.

The world map looks so nice:

It's 7k short of its goal with 7 days to go, so it'll prob get funded. It's weird because it's a part of the Square Enix Collective thing? I thought nothing ever came from that initiative.

You missed Tokyo Dark and Goetia, looks like. Maybe some more, as I only backed those two.

Bound by Flame 5.99€

yay or nay?

Limited experience with the game, but what I played wasn't too bad. So coming from that, 6€ seems like a good enough price.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Shooting GAF, some nice shmups can be had for cheap on GMG

all 50% off plus 22% voucher - 22PERC-WTHGMG-DECMBR

Eschatos

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/action/eschatos/

^ btw this is the WonderPack that includes the OST and Jugement Silversword, it doesn't say so on the store page but I activated it and was pleasantly surprised :)

XIIZEAL

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/action/xiizeal/

DELTAZEAL

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/action/deltazeal/

And now the waiting for 50% off Dariusburst deal beginns >_>

Deques

Eschatos

^ btw this is the WonderPack that includes the OST and Jugement Silversword, it doesn't say so on the store page but I activated it and was pleasantly surprised :)

Really? I should buy this then if it's true :D

Edit: and bought it and activated as Wonder Pack!!

FgXU7DD.png

Yrael

Have you guys heard of this game Pankapu? It's a 2D action platformer, but it looks pretty good and apparently has music from the Secret of Mana guy, just like Indivisible.

The world map looks so nice:

It's 7k short of its goal with 7 days to go, so it'll prob get funded. It's weird because it's a part of the Square Enix Collective thing? I thought nothing ever came from that initiative.

I love that world map. Thanks for sharing!

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doom Closed Alpha PS4 EU -- MB-D2400BA1432360DD - Taken by derExperte
ID sent me another PS4 code, please take it ONLY if you plan to actually use it to test the beta.

Knurek

Eschatos

XIIZEAL

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/action/xiizeal/

DELTAZEAL

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/action/deltazeal/

And now the waiting for 50% off Dariusburst deal beginns >_>

Are those legit deals, or is GMG not a legal Degica partner?

Dr Dogg

I actually enjoyed the setting much more than I thought I would, and mechanically and structurally it's probably the most solid open world title Ubi has made yet, some uninspired missions and frustrating optional objectives aside. I suppose I'd put it above Unity but below 2/Brotherhood (and of course the original), simply because I still believe Renaissance Italy is by far and away the best setting of the series thus far, which leads me nicely into...

I do feel what ever setting they chose (or that they have already chosen on 2 years ago) is as populous as Syndicate. Well in the building sense as having some many landmarks and areas that I know off and how close they to reality is something I don't think I can go back from now. Although I would like the focus to also be on a specific period in time where various historical events kicked off and tie the game and world together with them but really only the first and third did that and then with a whole bunch of creative licence.

dex3108

I do feel what ever setting they chose (or that they have already chosen on 2 years ago) is as populous as Syndicate. Well in the building sense as having some many landmarks and areas that I know off and how close they to reality is something I don't think I can go back from now. Although I would like the focus to also be on a specific period in time where various historical events kicked off and tie the game and world together with them but really only the first and third did that and then with a whole bunch of creative licence.

Next AC game will be set in Eastern country (Japan or China) and it will be before current ones (AC Syndicate and Unity). Mark my words.

Until Dawn 21 pounds buy or not to buy? :(

Dr Dogg

Next AC game will be set in Eastern country (Japan or China) and it will be before current ones (AC Syndicate and Unity). Mark my words.

As much as I'd love full fat AC in China I doubt it's ever going to happen.

Well Until Dawn gets a fair amount of praise around these parts. Whether that's the exclusive crowd bigging it up more than the sum of its part though I don't know but isn't it a one and done type game? Is that a digital price too? If so do you really want to spend 20 quid on it when you can't chop it in at a later date?

Speaking of exclusives looks like I'm getting Shovel Knight for WiiU now seeing as that's getting coop.

dex3108

As much as I'd love full fat AC in China I doubt it's ever going to happen.

Well Until Dawn gets a fair amount of praise around these parts. Whether that's the exclusive crowd bigging it up more than the sum of its part though I don't know but isn't it a one and done type game? Is that a digital price too? If so do you really want to spend 20 quid on it when you can't chop it in at a later date?

India is also on of my guesses for AC setting.

It is retail copy from ShopTo (18 pounds for you because you are in UK, 21 for me because delivery is 3 pounds) so i can sell it later or exchange with somebody for Bloodborne.

derExperte

Bound by Flame 5.99€

yay or nay?

I liked it. Yay. Though don't expect to do much exploring, game is very linear and the areas get smaller and smaller and the end fight was a pain in the butt.

I liked it. Buy. Though I question the tastes of everyone who declared it GOTY material, maybe they never watched a horror movie before or stopped playing around the halfway point. Also prepare for a highly inconsistent framerate. Like holyshit is my PS4 dying? Nope. Now? Nope. Now!

Ok, so I kinda forgot to post this.
I'm finally finished with Fallout 4. Beaten the main story quest last night. Not sure if I want to talk about it though, it's just not worth discussing. And that ending has just pretty much killed my desire to continue playing the game. Pretty fun game overall, and I know I'll be back later next year. Now, onto Batman Arkham Knight.

def sim

You're making the decisions for the stars of a campy, horror movie. That can be a lot of fun and its replay value will depend on how well or poor you want to approach that in subsequent playthroughs. I enjoyed it and will probably play it again sometime in the winter. If that sounds like something worth $30(?) to you then go for it.

derExperte is absolutely right about the performance, by the way. I see many praising its graphics, but the trade off is so clear that I cannot see how they can still appreciate it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Disclosure: I haven't played the full game yet, I don't have a PS4 at this time. But back in 2014, I played a 20-30 minute demo of Until Dawn, and in several of the threads leading up to the game's release you can see me in them chiming in to say I loved what I played and I suspect this will be a sleeper hit that most people won't expect to be as good as it is.

It's very good from what I've played and see many of the sentiments I had towards it echoed from those who've played the full thing, especially if you like what it has going for it as a campy horror game with a lot of heart to it. It's not just console-lovers who will like it, if it had a PC port I'm sure a lot here on SteamGAF would like it, if not love it.

def sim

Ugh I should bite the bullet and get a uplay key for Syndicate. Buying things only on steam is a p crap hang up to have.

That "MGS5 is a masterpiece" thread is something. Probably should make that thread until you are actually done with the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did I miss anything after Geoff power bombed Konami last night??

Ludens

Banned
That "MGS5 is a masterpiece" thread is something. Probably should make that thread until you are actually done with the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Chapter 3: Peace was announced.
It's a stealth mission in which you need to evade from Kojima's home (you play as Hideo) and set in fire Konami's building.

Anyway Psychonauts 2 announcement gave me nothing.
DoubleFine for me underdelivered so many times I can't be excited at all:

-Broken Age was boring like hell, for me, rushed in the second episode, uninspired, disappointing
-Grim Fandango was filled with gamebreaking bugs
-Spacebase fiasco, calling a 1.0 and going away with it
-Brutal Legend, very entertaining for like 2 hours, than it turns into a boring, uninspired rts.

I will buy the game, but I'll wait a 75% off. I was tempted to fund it (because it's basically half the price), but DF managed very very bad the budget for Broken Age, so no, I won't give them the benefit of the doubt this time, sorry.

derExperte

It's very good from what I've played and see many of the sentiments I had towards it echoed from those who've played the full thing, especially if you like what it has going for it as a campy horror game with a lot of heart to it. It's not just console-lovers who will like it, if it had a PC port I'm sure a lot here on SteamGAF would like it, if not love it.

UD profits from being played in small chunks and makes a great first impression but during the second half you'll eventually realize you're mostly running through empty corridors, caves and whatnot without anything happening, the jump scares lose their effectiveness and the story isn't nearly as clever as I was made to believe (without spoiling too much it feels like two separate games haphazardly glued together). Some interesting story threads don't go anywhere, the ending kinda fizzles out and you better not make a drinking game about opening doors by holding a button and moving a stick if you don't want to become an alcoholic. Choices and resulting deaths were appropriately gruesome, I cared about most characters and the group banter/dynamic works but as in every game like this looking back it becomes obvious everyone is invincible except for a select few times and little actually changes.

How about gameplay?
It's all that's matter, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom