• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakhyrr

Is Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition worth it if I already have Guacamelee Gold Edition? The game's page is not clear about what changes.

I was thinking about buying that Bundlestars All Stars 4 Bundle.

Is Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition worth it if I already have Guacamelee Gold Edition? The game's page is not clear about what changes.

I was thinking about buying that Bundlestars All Stars 4 Bundle.

New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:

· Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
· New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
· New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
· New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
· New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
· Support for multiple save slots
· Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night November Update: The First Set of Shaders!

When we launched the Bloodstained campaign back in May, we promised backers would have the chance to follow the development process in real time. Inti Creates has been nose-to-monitor since the end of the campaign, but now is the team's first chance to show off some of the progress they've been making—and get you involved in the next steps they take.

This month, the developers will be showing off four shaders they've been developing as they work to finalize Bloodstained's visual style. Today's update has the first two; in your regularly scheduled December update, at the end of the month, we'll unveil two more. Your feedback will be used to help determine the final look for the game.

IGA sent us two sets of early screenshots and some brief comments about each one. Let us know what you like, and what you'd like Inti to experiment with in the next update. (Click through for larger screenshots.)

Shader #1

Here's IGA's comments about the first set of shaders:

This shader contains lighting, fog, and character brightness effects designed to give it a 2D look. I feel bad about how much I demanded from the development team!

shader1screen.png
shader1chair.png
shader1close.png

Shader #2

Here's what IGA has to say about Shader #2

For this shader we desaturated the colors, enhanced the shadows, and used hatched lines to fade between light and shadow. I think this one looks especially unique.

shader2screen.png
shader2chair.png
shader2close.png

IGA and Inti were excited to finally get the chance to show you some of their work and hear from you before they lock this part of the game down—we hope you like it, and we're looking forward to showing you more later this month.

We've set up a Google Form you can use to submit your feedback. Thanks for being a part of the return of Igavania! Your excitement is what's driving IGA and the developers.

Kriken

I still need to remind myself to pick a platform for Bloodstained, PC should be obvious, but I'm curious how the other platforms hold up (If it miraculously performs well on Vita or Wii U I might get it to play in bed and whatnot)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nevermind. I finally did it. OCD: check.

The difference must lie in the number of games owned. I own 1208 games. Do you own about 400 games, fellow cat?

I did it the first day they put up the queue.

I have 5,804 titles viewed, 3,384 not interested, and own 2,373. But I think ones that you owned before the queue system started won't be double-counted, versus those that you view before you buy will be.

ExoSoul

Banned
Not googling that.

I swear on the wet head of my
first case of gonorrhea
It is this ugly vice
that I forever fear
next, next

A vice that stinks of whiskey,
corpses and of mud
The vice of nations,
the thick vice of blood
next, next

Since then each woman
I have taken into bed
They seem to lie in my arms
and they whisper in my head
next, next, neeeeext

Drakhyrr

New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:

· Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
· New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
· New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
· New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
· New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
· Support for multiple save slots
· Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks

How expanded? What is this "INTENSO combat mode"? How does it compare to the original? What is this dual currency system?

Also heard there are graphical differences, but couldn't find any details on what changed.

How expanded? What is this "INTENSO combat mode"? How does it compare to the original? What is this dual currency system?

Also heard there are graphical differences, but couldn't find any details on what changed.

I really hate all these different versions of games where you have to scour the internet to tell the difference.

Just give me one version!

I swear on the wet head of my
first case of gonorrhea
It is this ugly vice
that I forever fear
next, next

A vice that stinks of whiskey,
corpses and of mud
The vice of nations,
the thick vice of blood
next, next

Since then each woman
I have taken into bed
They seem to lie in my arms
and they whisper in my head
next, next, neeeeext

Is this a Bukowski poem

Intenso mode is like a super ability...fill it up and you activate it to get a power boost I believe...it's useful in the fights against the more powerful enemies (or to make other fights go faster)

I've only ever played the Super edition (on XB1) so how much more content there is I don't know but it was a very good version

Soulflarz

Banned
Why is everyone spazzing about 40% off
it's easy to get $25 codes. I paid $12 and threw in a half dozen reminders to nag me if you wanted a redirect to someone selling $18 codes :V

Pachimari

I keep forgetting, when I buy Ubisoft games outside Steam, that they are uPlay codes. Ugh. Gotta live with RS: Siege on there now. I'll be alright. I hope. Right?

Momentary

Banned
Helldivers runs at 120fps without a hitch so far and goes up to 1440p for me. I don't have 4K to check and my laptop uses NV Optimus so I can't use DVR.

madjoki

Man those Rise of the Tomb Raider DLCs from Season Pass doesn't sound that good.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider Add-On Content Detailed

Doesn't look too bad either, typical Season Pass.
Hopefully it's included by default when it releases for Steam

yep
thats what i did, $16 in BST but he wanted a steam game and i asked if i could go through a csgo seller lol and that guy said sure paypal me $12 so yeah :V

BST is better than than the sale price.

People are willing to pay more to get in on Steam.

Jawmuncher

That is good part. I expected at least one more story DLC (not half story half horde mode).

There is one more story mode
Cold Darkness Awakened – Available in 2016

Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilds that transforms beasts and men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected predators while scrounging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes a new outfit and weapon.

Did you even read your own post lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom