• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
who cares if it looks the same as consoles

it looks gorgeous on console, just low-res and low fps

pc will brute force those things and modders will do the rest

that's all i ever want out of pc gaming

Redeeming all these humble games is such a pain. Steam was so nice when they just let you sign in and click the redeem button.

Who wants to sell me one of those Nvidia Rainbow Siege codes for 20 dollars :3

it was

i wish we could go back to the one click redeem days..

tuxfool

Banned
Isn't afterburner an overlay? Will that work in conjunction with ENB?

I would use the built in ENB frame limiter, but it introduces significant mouse lag which I'd rather avoid.

I've never felt any mouse lag when using rivatuner. It shouldn't cause problems with ENB, but I haven't ever used both at the same time.

Is BernardoOne the cheapest place to get Siege at the moment?

as far as I can see in the BST thread

you can always make a post saying you want to buy the game or one of those NVIDIA codes at a certain price...those codes are good until December 14th I think so there's still a chance to get one

There's that dude with the 12 or 18$ hookups, I guess?
Yo what?
Absolutely. You should get on that right away.

I'm not biased or anything

:p
:p
as far as I can see in the BST thread

you can always make a post saying you want to buy the game or one of those NVIDIA codes at a certain price...those codes are good until December 14th I think so there's still a chance to get one

i-want-it-now.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
see you guys next year!
ECIyI75.jpg

This is Laura P

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Continuing the game purge orgasm. Hot tip helped me get rid of the DF prototypes- find the game in the list and hit the support button to find it directly.

Her Story is pretty interesting. Played for 2 hours straight, still much to find out.

Want to see my notes? (Pretty spoilerific, don't check it out if you are planning to play it)

VvoiVV9.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Excellent. Vacation planning intensifies.

I've only done this for Dark Souls. Leave me alone.

*shrug* I do that for lots of stuff. Sometimes not even individual games just take a week off work to sit around playing video games for 10+ hours a day. The backlog is real.

Grief.exe

Her Story is pretty interesting. Played for 2 hours straight, still much to find out.

Want to see my notes? (Pretty spoilerific, don't check it out if you are planning to play it)

VvoiVV9.jpg

Ah man, I love seeing handwritten notes people take when playing plot heavy games. <3

I need to find my Cities Skylines engineering documents from earlier in the year. Have to optimize that traffic.

If someone were to buy Helldivers is the 40 dollar edition worth the difference? Seems mostly like costumes and new weapons.

Game looks neat, and has the distinction of being the only console game I've ever bought and then never even launched :3 Not sure what it came out around on the PS4, lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're in luck! It'll be coming to PS4.

And then when it's re-re-released on PS5, you'll have to pay for it again if you want to play it on that system too!
;)

Dr Dogg

Stills don't do Xenoblade justice. Being able to crank the camera around as see the whole landscape is one thing but when you spot something way, way off in the distance and think "hey I was just over there" really hammers home the huge scope of the world.

Jawmuncher

Stills don't do Xenoblade justice. Being able to crank the camera around as see the whole landscape is one thing but when you spot something way, way off in the distance and think "hey I was just over there" really hammers home the huge scope of the world.

Stills are fine, the AA and other stuff still hurt it. Nice for what it's on, but you can tell it's being held back.

man ever since i've upgraded to windows 10 I noticed my computer has been chugging, sometimes it just completely freezes for a second or two, it loves doing that when i put anything into full screen, its even started effecting my gaming, games that would run at a solid fps constantly drop in fps now :( regrets were made, I miss my hassle win8.1

Well, even though I doubt anyone will ever have a "permanent" PC I think that we can all agree that having the game on PC has a great advantage: we don't have to buy it again with each console generation
Thank you Kurt. You put in very good words what I meant. Thought it was clear what I wanted to say initially, so I refrained from writing detailed.

Woorloog

Banned
This normal?

I bought and downloaded Elder Scrolls Online. Because i had to restart my computer a few times during the DL, i figured verifying the cache would be in order (based on prior experience).
The result (right after activating the process): 700+ files need to be reacquired. What.
And then it starts downloading the whole fucking game again.

Never have had that happen before.

This normal?

I bought and downloaded Elder Scrolls Online. Because i had to restart my computer a few times during the DL, i figured verifying the cache would be in order (based on prior experience).
The result (right after activating the process): 700+ files need to be reacquired. What.
And then it starts downloading the whole fucking game again.

Never have had that happen before.

ESO downloads a huge patch with its own client. Steam must have thought that the new files were corrupt because they were different.

Woorloog

Banned
ESO downloads a huge patch with its own client. Steam must have thought that the new files were corrupt because they were different.

I didn't even open ESO yet, i just used Steam's cache verify system, because based on my experience, interrupted Steam downloads always need that.

EDIT Looks like i could try to run the actual installer from /downloading/ folder...

lazygecko

So I decided to do a complete driver reinstall before installing Afterburner and Rivatuner. Followed a guide and removed all nVidia registry entries and everything. Now I have a bit of a conundrum here. If I launch Windows normally, I no longer get any monitor signal. It only works in safe mode. But if I try to install the nVidia drivers from there, it tells me the installation cannot continue because it can't install the c++ redistributables in safe mode.

Any ideas on what to do?

Dr Dogg

Stills are fine, the AA and other stuff still hurt it. Nice for what it's on, but you can tell it's being held back.

That sidesteps what I said. Stills don't give you the presence you can only gain from playing it first hand regardless of any technical deficiencies the game may have. Anti aliasing is actually pretty good and the majority of the aliasing left over is more due to a lack of resolution and apparent on fine and sub pixel structures. Plus you can hardly call a game only on one platform being held back when it's pushing that platform to it's limits regards to hardware. Sure if it was on more powerful hardware you might have less agressive LOD culling distances and better shadow rendering but what you see is what you get and that ain't changing anytime soon.

Paging Dr Dogg, how's AssCreed Syndicate?

Haven't really spent too much time with it to be honest so other than what I put in last moths OT it's a bit early impressions really. Jase and shackles have both posted some decent impressions in this and the last threads about it though.

Woorloog

Banned
Soo... is the ESO installer (or Launcher installer) supposed to have unchangeable install location? (C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online)
As a general rule, i'd rather no install anything there, prefer having my own organization...

EDIT Bah, i'll just let Steam redownload the fucking game. Then i'll run it without touching verification.
But if the install path is still so stupid... not sure what then.

tuxfool

Banned
So I decided to do a complete driver reinstall before installing Afterburner and Rivatuner. Followed a guide and removed all nVidia registry entries and everything. Now I have a bit of a conundrum here. If I launch Windows normally, I no longer get any monitor signal. It only works in safe mode. But if I try to install the nVidia drivers from there, it tells me the installation cannot continue because it can't install the c++ redistributables in safe mode.

Any ideas on what to do?

switch monitor ports? You should totally be able to get a monitor signal in vesa mode if you uninstall your display drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom