• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-4E22915ACCE3A9B9 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 12 entrants total.

t1481130965z1.png

Last Batman episode now confirmed for Dec 13

Oh, awesome. It's Batman time!

That was really fast.
yay finished jedi academy, chose the light side and its power mostly, game sorta drags a bit towards the end tho, since you fight the same dudes a lot

gonna play outcast next because I thought jedi knight II: Jedi Outcast is the sequel to Jedi Academy ಠ_ಠ

YAi5ScU.jpg
It's quite simple.

Star Wars Dark Forces is the first game in the Jedi Knight series.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II is the sequel to Dark Forces. It has an expansion called Mysteries of the Sith.

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is the sequel to Jedi Knight Dark Forces II.

This makes Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy the fourth game in the Dark Forces series and the third game in the Jedi Knight series. There is nothing after this, regrettably.

The whole series is really great overall. Dated in spots, but just really fun to play through. Wish we had more games with Kyle Katarn, but I guess Rogue One will have to do.

Wok

I have listed my 2000 cards (100-200 cards listed per day using Steam Inventory Expert + a personalized AutoHotKey script to confirm with Gmail).

The normal ones are being sold at a good pace. Already 18 € after a week.

yP2UdAz.png

Do people really buy trading cards that are priced >$100? Or is there some meta thing to this where people list them at high prices to artificially increase the value?

Some people are so impatient (or so rich) that they buy at whichever the price is. If some whale has an OCD or fear that somone else might buy the foil card, he won't sleep until he gets that foil badge.

MUnited83

For you.
Do people really buy trading cards that are priced >$100? Or is there some meta thing to this where people list them at high prices to artificially increase the value?

Not really. If you've seen cards selling for that price, they were likely used as a mean to conduct another transaction.

Tapejara

Some people are so impatient (or so rich) that they buy at whichever the price is. If some whale has an OCD or fear that somone else might buy the foil card, he won't sleep until he gets that foil badge.

Not really. If you've seen cards selling for that price, they were likely used as a mean to conduct another transaction.

I cringe whenever I buy a card for $0.11, seeing people price foil cards in the hundreds seems crazy.

valouris

Looking for some good lan/local co-op 2 player games to play with my friend. Any good ideas? We are all tapped out on Age of Empires, Total War and Don't Starve Together, so looking for something in similar genres, but could also be completely different. We also enjoy playing tactical single-player games together on one screen, but we have played XCOM 1+2, Atom Zombie Smasher, Desperados, Commandos and the like.

Doesn't matter if the game is on Steam or not, as long as it can be played on LAN or locally, as we'll be without internet.

Arulan

Looking for some good lan/local co-op 2 player games to play with my friend. Any good ideas? We are all tapped out on Age of Empires, Total War and Don't Starve Together, so looking for something in similar genres, but also completely different. We also enjoy playing tactical single-player games together on one screen, but we have played XCOM 1+2, Atom Zombie Smasher, Desperados, Commandos and the like.

Doesn't matter if the game is on Steam or not, as long as it can be played on LAN or locally, as we'll be without internet.

Divinity: Original Sin is a great choice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is HITMAN eligible? The main story missions are out but the final bonus episode only comes out in January.

Yes - everything I've read online is saying the "final episode of season 1" was episode 6 that released in October.

Anno

Looking for some good lan/local co-op 2 player games to play with my friend. Any good ideas? We are all tapped out on Age of Empires, Total War and Don't Starve Together, so looking for something in similar genres, but also completely different. We also enjoy playing tactical single-player games together on one screen, but we have played XCOM 1+2, Atom Zombie Smasher, Desperados, Commandos and the like.

Hmmm maybe Satellite Reign? It's something of an homage to the old Syndicate games. 4 characters with different abilities cooperating to infiltrate complexes, hack terminals and the like.

If you like RPGs at all then Divinity: Original Sin is always a great co-op experience.

AHA-Lambda

I'm surprised they managed to get the whole season out so quickly this time around. Have they been keeping up the quality on this one?

TT's development pipeline seems to have improved drastically of late, especially since Minecraft Story Mode.

As for the quality of the series, it's easily my favourite since Tales of Borderlands.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm maybe Satellite Reign? It's something of an homage to the old Syndicate games. 4 characters with different abilities cooperating to infiltrate complexes, hack terminals and the like.

If you like RPGs at all then Divinity: Original Sin is always a great co-op experience.

I think SR uses some Unity relay server to do multiplayer - maybe it doesn't work in LAN strictly?

valouris

Looking for some good lan/local co-op 2 player games to play with my friend. Any good ideas? We are all tapped out on Age of Empires, Total War and Don't Starve Together, so looking for something in similar genres, but could also be completely different. We also enjoy playing tactical single-player games together on one screen, but we have played XCOM 1+2, Atom Zombie Smasher, Desperados, Commandos and the like.

Also, forgot to mention that while I have a good gaming pc, he will be on an i5 6200U with a 520 GPU, so modern, demanding games are out of the question.

I will check Satellite Reign out, seems like it is in our alley, thanks! Any other suggestions?

Yakkue

It really is carried by its artstyle, atmosphere and 'story', all of which are really cool.
The gameplay isn't completely terrible or anything... just flawed. It's generally fun enough but they're always some frustrating parts sprinkled in that mar the experience.

I'd say it's worth checking out for the above elements, but I would wait until it's a bit cheaper.

I think I will wait until it hits 75% off.

Interesting and free, thanks for posting this!

Xanathus

I think the load on the Uplay servers is also causing the crashes I'm experiencing in AC Syndicate that happens right at the end of each mission.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm...can't download AC3 for some reason :(

Anyone else?

Anteater

It's quite simple.

Star Wars Dark Forces is the first game in the Jedi Knight series.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II is the sequel to Dark Forces. It has an expansion called Mysteries of the Sith.

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is the sequel to Jedi Knight Dark Forces II.

This makes Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy the fourth game in the Dark Forces series and the third game in the Jedi Knight series. There is nothing after this, regrettably.

giphyolsrx.gif

I've decided to play some PoP teh sands of time

wish i could disable that bloom tho

so blurry :<

Anteater

yeah, none of them disables the bloom tho, it's just part of the art style, i can live with it

Sands of time is still the the best PoP game.

I liked the prince of persia the forgotten sands, so far sands of time is decent, but more focused on the platforming/puzzles

08 was lame, basically like the prototype of what makes a bad ubi game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom