• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

So I've recently bought this because I liked the artstyle and it seemed interesting. Just completed it at probably 7 or 8 hours, so here are my thoughts:
(...)
Thanks a lot for your impressions! I was mainly interested in the game because of the artstyle as well, now I'm not so sure anymore if I should get it.

Endruen

Thanks a lot for your impressions! I was mainly interested in the game because of the artstyle as well, now I'm not so sure anymore if I should get it.

I played on Vita, where the controls are abismally worse and I loved it. Yes, it's a bit clunky and infuriating sometimes, but for me, the story, the artstyle and the well done puzzles compensated.

Wok

I kind of meant the previous Ubi 30 monthly games like Blood Dragon and Prince of Persia....I haven't even bothered logging in to claim the other "gifts"!

It always happens on the first day. Then it works fine for a month.

rtcn63

I'd disavow SteamGAF for liking RE6 but I just went into the non-gaming OT and there appear to still be hells I've yet fathom.

Hektor

Surprised its not already on Steam. If Square can additionally market it as a survival game, it might actually sell.

You already need to collect food and camp in this game, so it wouldn't even be a lie.

That or its a monumental new standard in post-release support, depending who you ask. That thread is all over the place.

I've played and finished it.

Saying the game is unfinished is more than fair.

Am I reading things right? Final Fantasy XV was released as an Early Access title?

Yeah and it's baffling. I bought a PS4 for nothing. And now I'm lost at whether I should play it now anyway or wait for the update (which has no dates yet?). The Last Guardian seems like a technical mess as well.

i'vemadeahugemistake.gif.

Mivey

Well, aren't they?
Budget-wise, I'd peg them as 2-3% of standard Final Fantasy game.
Play Fata Morgana before Steam GOTY awards
Final Fantasy is so overrated (treated as the best of what the genre has to offer), and all over the board in terms of writing and characters. Sure, they are expensive game, but they are terrible inefficient in what they do with that budget.

At least with a Tales games you know what your getting. And I really don't get the hate for Zestiria. That Alishia gets left behind makes perfect sense, and honestly she is a super bland character compared with her replacement. And I actually like that the protagonist in the game is not there to help everyone, but instead tries to make them self reliant and fix their own stuff. The only thing that bugs me are the horrible puns. Not puns in general, mind you, just really, really bad ones. At times they are just repeating words (I'm a fan of this paper fan) or just replacing stuff with similar sounding stuff and treating it like a punchline. I would blame the translators, but I'm assuming this garbage is just as asinine in Japanese.

Ascheroth

It really is carried by its artstyle, atmosphere and 'story', all of which are really cool.
The gameplay isn't completely terrible or anything... just flawed. It's generally fun enough but they're always some frustrating parts sprinkled in that mar the experience.

I'd say it's worth checking out for the above elements, but I would wait until it's a bit cheaper.

Final Fantasy is so overrated (treated as the best of what the genre has to offer), and all over the board in terms of writing and characters. Sure, they are expensive game, but they are terrible inefficient in what they do with that budget.

At least with a Tales games you know what your getting. And I really don't get the hate for Zestiria. That Alishia gets left behind makes perfect sense, and honestly she is a super bland character compared with her replacement. And I actually like that the protagonist in the game is not there to help everyone, but instead tries to make them self reliant and fix their own stuff. The only thing that bugs me are the horrible puns. Not puns in general, mind you, just really, really bad ones. At times they are just repeating words (I'm a fan of this paper fan) or just replacing stuff with similar sounding stuff and treating it like a punchline. I would blame the translators, but I'm assuming this garbage is just as asinine in Japanese.

Yeah, I agree that the hate for Zestiria seems a bit overblown. The only thing I really disliked was the equipment/skill system. And yep, Alishias 'replacement' is so much more interesting.
Berseria seems to fix that, so I'll get it for sure. Just not on release, no time for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ooo Garou in Steam. Never thought I'd see the day

*notices all those complains about input delay*

yikes

yikes

Garo? the garo?

Garo.jpg

Ah, meh.

Nzyme32

It's finally over

The last broken age kickstarter reward of the box set has just arrived at my house, and considering all the extra stuff added, seems worthy of the wait.

neoemonk

A friend of mine has been raving about Overcooked, and I'm always on the lookout for some couch co-op that I can play with the kids over Steam Link. It has favorable reviews on Steam as well. Anyone play it here? Thoughts?

Knurek

yikes

You can just take the files from Steam version and add them to MAME.
Not that you couldn't do so earlier, but now at least you have legal rights to do so.

It's finally over

The last broken age kickstarter reward of the box set has just arrived at my house, and considering all the extra stuff added, seems worthy of the wait.

Hope to get my own very soon. The kickstarter has already been worth much more then the $100 I put into to it, so the box set looks to be the icing on the cake

Tizoc

Now us Humble NeoGeo Bundle owners play the waiting game.

BZyHXAqIMAA_oUR.jpg

Eh, the waiting game is boring. Let's play The Last Blade instead!

And while we're on the topic, how good is DotEmu at fixing their broken games? I've played a few of their SNK ports before, but I've personally had little to complain about.
Last blade 1 was the first neo geo mvs to have a training mode didnt it? I mean it was a weakass training mode but prope for snk managing to squeeze it in

Amzin

Yeah and it's baffling. I bought a PS4 for nothing. And now I'm lost at whether I should play it now anyway or wait for the update (which has no dates yet?). The Last Guardian seems like a technical mess as well.

i'vemadeahugemistake.gif.

I'm still waiting to see how Detroit, Horizon, GoW, and maybe 1 other turn out before I decide whether I'm buying a PS4 or not. I was shocked and annoyed at how many PS4-exclusives I saw at E3 that I wanted to be able to play :p

Edit: Is the Ubistore still having issues? I can browse it fine but can't log in. Didn't have time in the morning to log in and grab it on Uplay

i got a foil for Rambo. The last sold card went for 27$ and there are none on the market now.

Should I list for 20$ or save until the game gets pulled? How does crafting work for removed games?

Are people really fiending so hard for a copy of Assassin's Creed III? I can't even log onto Uplay to play some Rainbow Six, their service are trashed.

Tapejara

Do people really buy trading cards that are priced >$100? Or is there some meta thing to this where people list them at high prices to artificially increase the value?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom