• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lol, Square Enix:

getitnow_en8muj3.jpg

So Nier: Automata, Final Fantasy VII Episode I, Dragon Quest XI, Kingdom Hearts III, and a copy of Lightning Returns? Sounds like a good deal to me!

Grief.exe

Rimworld sucks me in like no other game....
except for Factorio

I always want to quit at a good stopping point, but then a raid pops up, or a heatwave, or a mecanoid army attack that occurs concurrently with a solar flare and a flu outbreak. It has that "just one more turn" style similarly to Civ.

Mivey

oh neat, i found something dumber than windows store downloads being able to expire. there was a download in progress.
Makes sense, though. What weirdo would ignore the uplay client for event a scant few seconds. Also, think about the security risks: What if you leave your laptop in a cafe while going to the loo? Sure, they could access your files and stuff, but at least uplay would be safe.

rtcn63

Man, that default walk speed in those RE7 gameplay snippets. This might turn out to be one of those "designed for VR-only-kinda" games. And also the screen bouncing was giving me nausea.

Man, I've been wanting to categorize my Steam games for years now, but I hate how the Steam library organizes games. I'd much prefer it if you had the full alphabetical list by default and could narrow it down by selecting different categories.

The system as it is just really messes with my pseudo-OCD.

Nzyme32

Man, I've been wanting to categorize my Steam games for years now, but I hate how the Steam library organizes games. I'd much prefer it if you had the full alphabetical list by default and could narrow it down by selecting different categories.

The system as it is just really messes with my pseudo-OCD.

I have also been waiting years for this. It's infuriating. I keep assuming valve will workout a system for it soon, but that day never comes

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else run into a bug where if you go through your queue and click "Start another queue" on the empty discovery queue page, you get an error, but then if you go back to the main page, there's a new discover queue generated?

This might only occur if you've viewed almost everything and the new queue would only generate, say,, one title.

rtcn63

Okay, TEW can be real bullshit sometimes. Chapter 9-
start lighting match to kill enemy, ghost Ruvik appears right behind me and poof. Good thing I save scum like mad in this particular chapter.

With locker key abuse, I've got a shotgun with max damage and max stock. Stamina's at level 4, might want to get that to 5 for what's upcoming.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, what is with the Walking Dead killing off all the good lookin' men? First
Doug
in Season 1, now
Luke
in Season 2.

The worst part is, while the first one is a minor character, the second one makes you think that if you
didn't rush the thin-ICE like he warned you to not do
you could've saved him, until the choices percentage graphs say NOPE, dead no matter what.

On that note:

#TeamJane
. I didn't want to do what I had to, but they were gonna kill each other.

Oh lol, Square Enix:

getitnow_en8muj3.jpg

thats an insane amount of money for random games.

The worst part is, while the first one is a minor character, the second one makes you think that if you
didn't rush the thin-ICE like he warned you to not do
you could've saved him, until the choices percentage graphs say NOPE, dead no matter what.

this is what actually one of the main reasons I've been completely been turned off from buying anything telltale makes, i don't even get the sense of illusion of choice from their games anymore cause i already know their shtick by now.

It was on my wishlist at one point and somehow got off of it. I was told it came out yesterday and I downloaded the demo and got around to playing it now.

I haven't even finished the first level and I want Shadow Tactics, damn.

It was on my wishlist at one point and somehow got off of it. I was told it came out yesterday and I downloaded the demo and got around to playing it now.

I haven't even finished the first level and I want Shadow Tactics, damn.

I hadn't even heard about it until it was released.

Game is super fucking awesome.

TheSeks

this is what actually one of the main reasons I've been completely been turned off from buying anything telltale makes, i don't even get the sense of illusion of choice from their games anymore cause i already know their shtick by now.

I enjoyed Season 2 a bit more than Season 1. But that's probably because I haven't replayed it 3 times (PS3, PSP2, PC) like I did Season 1. I'm going to live with my choices and go into Season 3 like that. But man, I'm pissed about them killing off
Luke
. Especially right after their supposed birthday. Total dick move.

TheSeks

oipic

Anyone else run into a bug where if you go through your queue and click "Start another queue" on the empty discovery queue page, you get an error, but then if you go back to the main page, there's a new discover queue generated?

This might only occur if you've viewed almost everything and the new queue would only generate, say,, one title.

Yep, I've been experiencing this for a week or two now.

Refreshing the page, rather than hitting the 'Start another queue' button, seems to work without fail - otherwise I get the 'there was a problem saving your preferences. Please try again later' error.

Incidentally, what is your queue count up to these days, Stump? I'm just short of 11k, so you must nearer to 12k by now?

gabbo

You can still download Doom the Rougelike, can't you? Why are they being C&D'd by ZeniMax outside of "DURR, YOU'RE USING OUR NAME."

Because they're using the Doom name in reference to the game, and the logo is very much trading on the Doom logo.

TheSeks

Because they're using the Doom name in reference to the game, and the logo is very much trading on the Doom logo.

I get that. But my point is: C&D'ing for that is pretty dumb if they're gonna allow it to still be downloaded. Anyone in the know already knows it as "Doom the Roguelike." So I mean the horse is already out of the barn on them going "yo, don't use our name/IP."

That said, good on them for not pulling a Nintendo and nuking the entire thing from orbit, I guess.

Jadax

So this Ubi 30 days celebration thing is a total piece of dog crap. Can't even log into my account since yesterday. GG

Adnor

Banned
You can still download Doom the Rougelike, can't you? Why are they being C&D'd by ZeniMax outside of "DURR, YOU'RE USING OUR NAME."

Yeah, you can still download it, and why did they do it? I dunno, makes no sense. Maybe it's because they were using "from the creators of Doom The Roguelike" in their Kickstarter pitch?

Isn't DoomRL like 15 years old by now?

Not that old, but yeah, pretty old. The last version was launched 3 years ago, almost 4.

EDIT: Wait, the GitHub says that parts of the codebase were made in 2002, so yeah, almost 15 years ago lol

gabbo

I get that. But my point is: C&D'ing for that is pretty dumb if they're gonna allow it to still be downloaded. Anyone in the know already knows it as "Doom the Roguelike." So I mean the horse is already out of the barn on them going "yo, don't use our name/IP."

That said, good on them for not pulling a Nintendo and nuking the entire thing from orbit, I guess.

Gotta protect their IP, and a name change essentially does that without greater threat, even if mindset/share is already influenced. It works out for everyone this way. DRL gets to exist, and Bethesda gets tangential some positive benefits for their own works.

Tizoc

Managed to get my copy fommuplay this morning before leaving for work @o@
Had no idea people wanted a free asscreed gAme that much and doesnt 3 have lots of problems anyways?

Lain

Oh lol, Square Enix:

getitnow_en8muj3.jpg

I'd buy it if I hadn't already preordered the FINAL FANTASY XV Original Soundtrack Limited Edition for 120€. I got the Lightning plushie and Lightning bust and they are pretty good, so more plushies, OSTs, figures etc would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom