• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

They greenlit BG&E2 after years of fan request, and for all we know, BG&E's fandom may as well be the niche-est of the niche.

No, Michel Ancel put the game dev on hold because the hardware was not good enough.

Anyone got their Nitroblasters coupon?

Apparently everyone who has Skullgirls should have gotten a coupon, but I didnt...

Edit: Had to restart Steam. Got it now.

Anno

Yeah, I saw that planet picture too but never connected the dots. (We can now point to why Dwarf Fortress is over my head. :p )

But in Grief.exe's context, that sounds absolutely amazing.

A persistent save with multiple colonies, whether online or not, would be incredible in the longevity dept. Right now it's just, "Start from scratch, evolve tech to rocket off the planet." Rinse & Repeat.

I LOVE the idea of having a single save where I can bounce around different regions on the globe. Perhaps maintaining multiple colonies at various stages of evolution.

Man, it sure does get you thinking BIG for this game.

It feels like the natural endgame of that thing developing. There's this huge world genned right from the start and you pick one little square out of hundreds. I kinda just want to make one world and colonize and war over the entire planet for what will basically be time immemorial.

Mivey

"Personal attacks are never OK," he says. I want to believe him, but geez.
How is that a personal attack? He doesn't like the article and explains it in a straight forward way. Also, I could totally see him getting a lot of angry mail from people because of this article, which would explain why he wrote so much.

I don't really get why a simplistic video game sim has to be acceptable to any ones understanding of sexual relations. Its just a bit of code, and if you have acess to it, you might even play around with it yourself.

How is that a personal attack? He doesn't like the article and explains it in a straight forward way. Also, I could totally see him getting a lot of angry mail from people because of this article, which would explain why he wrote so much.

I'm pretty sure Lurker wasn't referencing that as a personal attack. He's saying he wants to believe what the dev says, but when the dev launches into a "scientific" defense of blatant bisexual erasure, it begins to be harder and harder to trust that someone is coming from a good place or just needs the benefit of the doubt.

Dinjoralo

In news of games ACTUALLY coming to steam, some anime fighter called Nitroplus Blasterz hit the store recently. It's from the Arcana Heart developers, and I got a coupon for owning Arcana heart I guess. It's also got all the DLC and whatever. On my phone so no links.

Nabs

Brigador is awesome!

Got it via the groupees bundle, and that was certainly worth it. Soundtrack is brilliant and the gameplay is good fun.

A word of warning though, you will likely start the game and get confused at what is happening with the controls - stick with it, as the game is using "tank controls" with good reason (though you can change this in the options). Normal gamepad is poop for this since it is too slow. Mouse and keyboard or Steam Controller is where it's at. Feels fun to control in a mech kind of style

I was experimented with SC controls a bit last night. I'll have to start up the story to see how it feels with everything going on at once. I'm testing something where I have W/S on the left touchpad (or stick, whatever), and A/D on the grips. Something feels right with grips and tank controls.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's a mouse pointer in the trailer.

I'm joking, but i guess i'm not funny. :(

you would think that by now jokes about games that people want coming to steam when they are not would be known not to be funny

kagamin

In news of games ACTUALLY coming to steam, some anime fighter called Nitroplus Blasterz hit the store recently. It's from the Arcana Heart developers, and I got a coupon for owning Arcana heart I guess. It's also got all the DLC and whatever. On my phone so no links.

Sent from my tablet. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't really get why a simplistic video game sim has to be acceptable to any ones understanding of sexual relations. Its just a bit of code, and if you have acess to it, you might even play around with it yourself.

I think this is maybe a misunderstanding of what happened. It seems more like people noticed a strange behaviour in the AI that may have been a quirk or may have been intentional, and then in exploring this, noticed from the source comments that actually it seemed to reflect some deeper philosophical thinking on the part of the author, which is kinda weird, and then when they reached out to the developer to ping him on it, he escalated in a weird and hostile way, so they published the article anyway, then the developer melted down, which then called attention to his broader political inclinations, which then escalated and got into the culture war. I don't think it's an ideal outcome.

This is what I said at the time the story broke, and I stick to it now:
My instinct would be that if I played the game, I would be like "Oh, that's a little weird" and that'd be the end of it. I didn't even click on the thread to begin with because the title didn't really catch my eye. But then when the story broke that the developer got into a weird eDrama argument and it became a proxy for the gaming culture wars, I smhed a bunch and that was the end of that.

As someone who tracks Kickstarters, Rimworld has been really great with delivering a steady flow of progress and great communication and I get the impression it's way beyond the scope originally promised and still growing. It's a pity to see the developer self-sabotage by responding in a way that presents the culture wars ultimatum to prospective customers on any side of the argument. It seems the exact opposite of the stated goal of taking politics out of gaming to take an unremarkable mechanical decision and make the defence of it explicitly politically and drag all this other stuff into it.

I really don't get the impression that roving packs of Feminist Source Code Barbarians were looking for a male space to invade and picked this one. It seems like a minor thing that got out of hand due to the dev being super defensive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goodbye Deponia 90% off might be a price mistake no?

Rhaknar

maybe not, deponia games have been bundled.

not this one, and theyve been stingy with the last one's sales before. But hey, I grabbed it anyway price mistake or not, since I was missing it

edit: oh wait this isnt the latest one is it, Doomsday is the latest one. This one is part of the Complete bullshit, so I already had it techncially. Fucking confusing names lol. Oh well >_>

Ganado

25% off coupon is for owners of Skullgirls.
Also, just saw that you can see what an offline player is playing by finding the storepage. Weird.
RCmbLNy.png

Brigador is awesome!

A word of warning though, you will likely start the game and get confused at what is happening with the controls - stick with it, as the game is using "tank controls" with good reason (though you can change this in the options). Normal gamepad is poop for this since it is too slow. Mouse and keyboard or Steam Controller is where it's at. Feels fun to control in a mech kind of style

Word. The controls definitely take a while to wrap your head around, and I can see some people bouncing off the game because of it. It can be tempting to switch to the "hover" platforms instead of the walkers to try and alleviate some of the tank controls, but stick with it and learn the walkers first; the hover platforms are generally pretty specialized for a few specific purposes and you won't be able to play the whole game with them.

But once you get the hang of it, the game is awesome. Great atmosphere, plays like Future Strike on crack, the lighting effects are ultranuts, great soundtrack, etc.

Dinjoralo

25% off coupon is for owners of Skullgirls.
Also, just saw that you can see what an offline player is playing by finding the storepage. Weird.
RCmbLNy.png
Really? That seems random, since they come from different publishers and developers entirely... Oh, marvelous is involved, gotcha.

Cmagus

Actually NIS America is also having a sale. Cladun X2 is a pretty awesome game if you haven't played it yet.

Humble Bundle Store NIS America sale

I grabbed from the Capcom stuff. I've wanted to try Lost Planet and Re6 is the only one I haven't played yet.

Lost Planet 3
Resident Evil 6
Bionic Commando Re-Armed

I'd be down for some Dead Rising purchases, but the "franchise pack" only includes 2 and 3, and 2:OTR, so it becomes six in one hand / half-dozen in the other with buying the pack + OTR, or buying 2 complete + 3.

1, the best one (haven't played 3, so I could be wrong) would get left out in the cold for a future sale.

Or, I can be smart and just kick the can down the road to pick up at a later time with a better price or a better bundled offer.

Cmagus

I'd be down for some Dead Rising purchases, but the "franchise pack" only includes 2 and 3, and 2:OTR, so it becomes six in one hand / half-dozen in the other with buying the pack + OTR, or buying 2 complete + 3.

1, the best one (haven't played 3, so I could be wrong) would get left out in the cold for a future sale.

Or, I can be smart and just kick the can down the road to pick up at a later time with a better price or a better bundled offer.
Some of the prices aren't great but a few of them are about as low as they are gonna go on there or on steam.I'm surprised DR1 is the most expensive one it doesn't make sense.

I've been looking to buy a Dead Rising game for a while but 1 is always more expensive than 2. Should I just grab 2 or is it better to wait for 1 to drop a bit more (hopefully in the next sale) and play that first?

Wok

Not yet on Steam, but I am posting this video about FRESCO here because the game looks so cool and will certainly come to Steam one day or another in 2017 or 2018.

Anyone using the xbox one controller with the wireless adapter? Does impulse triggers work with the adapter?

Just bought the s controller and looks like impulse trigger doesn't work using bluetooth apparently :/

And Microsoft locking impulse trigger for only UWP apps is pretty shitty as well since the feature itself is pretty good.

Other than that, a pretty solid upgrade from the 360 controller.

Yes Impulse Triggers do work with the official Microsoft adapter, and they don't work via Blutooth. Also the only games I've had them work in have been UWP games (ReCore, Forza 6 Apex, FH3, and Gears of War 4.) Really lame but that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom