• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

header.jpg

Finished up RE6. Not entirely but I did Leon's, Chris and Jake's campaigns. Took me about 23hrs. Still have some chapters left in Ada's stuff and might play some more Mercenaries later but overall I think I played enough to have some final thoughts on the game. And boy what a messy game it was. I appreciate all the ambition but I feel most of the ambition was put in places that didn't really need it. I would give the game an 8 out of 10 as I did enjoy a lot of it. Leon's campaign and Chris's was really good. Jake's stuff was meh and kinda all over the place although Sherry was cool. I would have easily given the game 9 out of 10 but it just didn't have enough tension/horror in it. It was plain run n gun action game. A good action game at that but I would have preferred it if Capcom actually put more effort into making some really tense situations. Even RE5 had several good horror elements in it that made it more suspenseful than RE6. Having a bunch of stories intersecting each other didn't help either. They really doubled down on all the craziness, QTEs and other nonsense which can be seen in most of those bad Resident Evil movies. Also there was a bit too many big BOWs to kill. I wasn't really a fan of that. Still I would say the third person shooting and melee was really satisfying. Not many games out there that are like this so I strongly recommend it to those who have yet to play it. Its a great and crazy action game.

Finishing RE6 I have now completed my little Resident Evil binge for the past year. I've played through 5, 6 and both the Revelations games. From all those I played I would put RE5 at the top but Revelations 2 was right there and just as good imo. Also the Raid mode in Revelation 2 was really good. RE6 and the first Revelations games were good too but they just weren't as good as the other 2 imo. Now on to Resident Evil 7 which looks to be something completely different and I am kind glad it is because RE6 burned me out on the third person stuff. It was just overkill in its design.

Plesiades

Downloaded that free Assassin's Creed III
Thanks Vivendi
. After playing a few hours, I don't think I can keep going.

Does IV break the traditional structure?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

OneShot releases on Steam in two hours.

This is an much updated version of a very good freeware game, apparently has a lot of new content.

I'm really excited for it, here's an excerpt of a review for the new version:

HarcoreGamer - 4.5/5: https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/12/07/review-oneshot/238347/
'
OneShot makes players question the reality that surrounds them. Is it just a game or is there more to it? The commentary on player/game relationship is enough for a standalone piece, which we may very well write. OneShot pulls players in with poise and wit in a way most games can only dream of, offering up the best an adventure game can offer. With a character that can easily be understood and cared for, OneShot creates an unforgettable adventure while hiding secrets that could very well be missed. What awaits in OneShot is well worth anyone’s time.

PaulSane

New Steam beta update makes the client crash on start-up if a controller is connected.

Is there ever a reason to use beta client? This is not the first bug caused by it that i know of, there were some problems with Disgaea and Neptunia U earlier this year if i remember correctly, might have been other problems that i'm not aware of.

I'm a fan of games with nice graphic layouts (and synthesizers), and was holding onto this for a future giveaway. But with the deal I'll let someone get it before spending their own money.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Mu Cartographer -- MB-68CE84E10DDC817D - Taken by longlivegaming

Rats, I must have not done the raffle right.

Vamphuntr

I beat Quantum Break (steam version). I had very low expectations after reading about the game on GAF but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not the greatest game of the universe but it was enjoyable enough to have a good time through. The time powers were really fun to use and the special effects for the powers and time distortions were really cool. The TV show part wasn't bad either and it certainly not space channel tier like what people were saying. Moreover your choices in the game seems to affect the show much more than the game. If the game is guilty of something is that it's really conservative for a Remedy game. Not much enemy variety and your powers make you really strong, you have a shield bubbles that blocks bullet, a time stop to stun enemies, a rush ability that let you speed across areas while punching down foes, another type of dodge move and some kind of time bomb spell that pretty much kill every type of enemies except armored target in an AoE. The game is overall quite easy and repetitive. There is also a lot of files and videos to unlock more lore about the game but while you try to look for them or read them, NPCs yell after you to keep moving or talk about something else so it's hard to take the time to appreciate these additions.

Graphic wise it looks really good but you probably need a really good GPU to have it look really nice. My 970 wasn't enough to turn the "reconstruction" off and render the game above 720p with most of the stuff on medium. I'll let you be the judge on that one.

If you can get it for 10-20$ I would recommend it. You can beat it under 10 hours and it's a fun ride. I do wonder how much $$$ the TV stuff cost them.

BorntoPlay

i got another code in the mail for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition DLC from ubisoft CM price error.... =D

Valxal

I've been looking to buy a Dead Rising game for a while but 1 is always more expensive than 2. Should I just grab 2 or is it better to wait for 1 to drop a bit more (hopefully in the next sale) and play that first?

Dead Rising 1 is the best in the series. I'd recommend waiting for 1 to drop if you need to.

Nabs

new beta is out

[-] December 8 - Steam Client Beta Update - Dec 8th
The client beta has just been updated with the following changes:

General
Fixed hang at startup if a controller is connected

Dead Rising 1 is the best in the series. I'd recommend waiting for 1 to drop if you need to.

Story wise it doesn't really matter (though DR3 has some plot points that directly reference DR2 so those two would be better served playing in order), but as with most franchises it might be a little weird playing the sequel before the original since you'll be losing all the QOL improvements when you get around to playing the original. DR1 is totally the best one though so maybe it wouldn't be so bad getting some of the others out of the way first.

Whether you play 2 or 1 first I guess ultimately doesn't matter. They are both really solid and fun games.

I'm gonna hold off and wait for 1 to drop a bit then. If it is the best I'd rather play that one.

Jawmuncher

If first person horror survival RE doesn't work out they can always return to the 6 formula. All the previews for 7 have been really good tho. Much more positive than I thought they'd be.

Even if RE7 is a good game which it probably will be.
I still want something that plays like RE6. The gameplay deserves to live on.

Ascheroth

Played some Hyrule Warriors with a friend today and now I have this Musou itch.
Looks like it's time to start up Dynasty Warriors 8 again.

Though initially I had planned to finally finish Valkyria Chronicles <.<
Decisions.

Jawmuncher

Urgh, I'm happy RE is moving in any direction that gets away from Resi 5 & 6 >_>

Only bad people don't want more of this. You can have your mainline back to scares. But if spinoffs aren't action focused there is hell to pay. I had to deal with half ass scary spinoffs during the action mainline.
Mainline Horror, Spinoffs Action. With remakes following their classic style is the best course for the series that allows something for everyone.

Only bad people don't want more of this. You can have your mainline back to scares. But if spinoffs aren't action focused there is hell to pay. I had to deal with half ass scary spinoffs during the action mainline.
Mainline Action, Spinoffs Action. With remakes following their classic style is the best course for the series that allows something for everyone.

Are you seriously asking for more Operation Raccoon City games?!

I didn't know those games had a single fan.

Jawmuncher

Are you seriously asking for more Operation Raccoon City games?!

I didn't know those games had a single fan.

I always wanted a game like ORC. But sadly they fucked it up. It still has it's moments but there is way too much damaging it.

Enemies are bullet sponges. The melee isn't very good, and the shooty is awkward.
If they could have stepped back and made something that was more or less socom with zombies. It would have been so much better.

A ORC game combined with Umbrella Corps, that is of quality would be a pretty damn cool title.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Mainline Horror, Spinoffs Action. With remakes following their classic style is the best course for the series that allows something for everyone.

Yes to more Mercenaries and RE6's multiplayer, no to anything else.

... okay, maybe that turn based mobile RPG several years ago. That worked out well.

Tapejara

I always wanted a game like ORC. But sadly they fucked it up. It still has it's moments but there is way too much damaging it.

Enemies are bullet sponges. The melee isn't very good, and the shooty is awkward.
If they could have stepped back and made something that was more or less socom with zombies. It would have been so much better.

A ORC game combined with Umbrella Corps, that is of quality would be a pretty damn cool title.

It really bugs me that between ORC and Umbrella Corps, Capcom hasn't been able to put out a quality Resident Evil game in that style.

Regginator

So I'm playing Dragon's Dogma when I come across some guy in Gran Soren, who I've apparently met earlier, offering an alternate way to complete a certain quest by buying land for 80,000 gold. Way too much for my taste, I'm still pretty early on so 80,000 can get me some decent gear. So silly me tries to decline his offer by pressing B, but in the DD universe that apparently means "yes". Now I lost 80,000 gold and to make matters worse, the autosave writes over the manual save and now I can't reload an earlier game.

lol
:(

rtcn63

RE6 is the campaign that everyone wanted to love but there simply wasn't enough cheap rum on the planet.

Anyone remember RE6 at launch? How obtuse climbing rope (or anything) was? How no one was told that you could use both analog sticks for circular QTE's?

Sarcasm

So I'm playing Dragon's Dogma when I come across some guy in Gran Soren, who I've apparently met earlier, offering an alternate way to complete a certain quest by buying land for 80,000 gold. Way too much for my taste, I can get some decent gear with that money, so silly me tries to decline his offer by pressing B. But in the DD universe that apparently means "yes". Now I lost 80,000 gold and to make matters worse, the autosave writes over the manual save and now I can't reload an earlier game.

lol
:(

Why I went and got the ring from BBI, then switched to hard mode. Gold flows like water in HM.

mp1990

Banned

The only correct opinion. Everyone in this website has gone insane and only Jaw and I have kept ourselves together

by the way, anyone knows when the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta keys will start being distributed? I feel like I'm the only one in the whole world excited for it.

Burt

Pocket Kingdom came out today. I've had my eye on it because I really like the art style, but I'm not sure I'm in the mood for a puzzle platformer at the moment. First review said "Toki Tori" though, and I know that's a game that's pretty well liked around here, so I figure'd I might as well give it a plug.

Got this code with my Indivisible backer tier and I'm not too into the game, but hopefully someone here with be. :)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrangeRoboMemory, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

How to Survive -- MB-49E85D2DAB5D9097 - Taken by Valxal. 4 entrants total.

t1481258918z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom