• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

No excuse not to get Killer is Dead now. In 12h I'll go around your profiles and distributing punishments for those without it. >=|

I was just about to pull the trigger until I saw this. Forget that, come at me bro!

I'll just stash it as a gift on my other account until later.

Tizoc

Just googled about chapter 3 bug but saw a post it's caused by uncapped framerate, can anyone confirm please?

IMO the game has run fine on 60 and 120 FPS for other people. I just run it at 60 FPS and never had a crash.

If possible just go for 60 Fps, even if u can get 120, the game looks great AND you can disable those health bars etc too.

I was just about to pull the trigger until I saw this. Forget that, come at me bro!

I'll just stash it as a gift on my other account until later.

Oh so that's how you can buy games as gifts and later decide to activate them on your account, since I assume you can't add games to your library after buying them as gift in the same account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought most people thought that VPN gift activation was fine, with VPN buying of games being the big no-no?

I personally don't do it, since I don't want to take the risk, just in case. But even JaseC seems to think it's relatively safe, with there being no one here that can come up with anyone being banned for VPN gift activation.

Unless there's been a recent change?

You're thinking of key activation. I've always recommended against using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing on Steam itself, which includes both cross-region purchasing for oneself and circumventing activation locks on gifts -- in both cases you're affecting Valve's 30% cut whereas it doesn't see a cent from key activations, the latter of which presumably being the reason why Valve is happy to look the other way.

You always have an option to redeem the gift to your account.

Oh that's cool. I thought it wouldn't be allowed for some reason.

So if you know you're not going to start playing a game any time soon but you want to buy it now due to a sale, opting to always buy it as a gift and only activating it when/if ready makes sense right, because it gives you the flexibility to later gift it to someone or sell/trade on the gray market if you decide that you don't want it anymore?

JaseC

You always have an option to redeem the gift to your account.

Yeah. The first page of the gift purchase process doesn't make this clear, but on the order confirmation page you'll see:

Gift options: The items in your cart will be stored in your Steam Inventory, to be sent or redeemed later.

JaseC

Anyone knows if LA Noire Complete is region locked on nuveem?

It's not.

Also how do you purchase from nuveem? do you need a VPN to buy?

In some cases, yes, but not in your case. If you do encounter something that cannot be added to your cart, follow these steps:

Download FlyVPN Lite ("portable" executable as opposed to an installer) -> connect to one of the two free servers -> connect to Brazil -> go to Nuuvem -> disable the VPN once you reach the PayPal window.

(Click the "free servers" link to see the free account info -- you don't have to register.)

ExoSoul

Banned
Oh that's cool. I thought it wouldn't be allowed for some reason.

So if you know you're not going to start playing a game any time soon but you want to buy it now due to a sale, opting to always buy it as a gift and only activating it when/if ready makes sense right, because it gives you the flexibility to later gift it to someone or sell/trade on the gray market if you decide that you don't want it anymore?
Well yeah, I guess you could do that if there's a really good deal on a game you think you'll want down the line.

-MD-

Some of the older releases are frankly embarrassing, look at Rockstar's older games for example

I launched Manhunt the other day to relive some childhood memories and I couldn't even progress past the first door in the game, had to download some files to get it working.

Manhunt deserves better, these companies need to get a small group of people to go back and work through older titles to get them up to par just for quality sake.

Tektonic

thanks for the advise earlier SteamGAF (inc. jasec)

let's just say a "friend" got a key from that russian site, and used a flyvpn connection to activate it. The "friend" hasn't got blocked from Steam yet, so it seems like all is well.

Jawmuncher

thanks for the advise earlier SteamGAF (inc. jasec)

let's just say a "friend" got a key from that russian site, and used a flyvpn connection to activate it. The "friend" hasn't got blocked from Steam yet, so it seems like all is well.

Yeah seems keys isn't skmething valve cares about. Especially since for steam collectors it's a necessary step for their libraries anyways.

Tizoc

Looking forward to it! One Piece PW2 got my Youtube channel a lot of views so I hope I can get that going as well for PW3.

Does look like Robin from OP.

Yeah it is Robin :p
I used to have a more lewd avatar of Robin in a santa suit but I forgot where I put it on my HDD lol

JaseC

Yeah seems keys isn't skmething valve cares about. Especially since for steam collectors it's a necessary step for their libraries anyways.

Yeah, I had to use a VPN to activate FM 2012 Korean whereas my 2011 Korean key went through fine without one (funnily enough, the territory code for the 2011 KR Retail sub is set to NZ instead of, you know, KR, but the flag doesn't act as a region-lock measure).

Kanokare

I better get started on these 700 episodes so I know what everyone is excited about.

I'm sure all 700 episodes are quality.

As I tell everyone who starts it up - START SLOWLY. The series has a very very slow start and I recommend most people at least get past the Arlong arc to understand a bit of how OP is. So watching like an episode or two a day isn't a bad idea until you get hooked or past Arlong.

Jawmuncher

ibcLtU6O776HUl.gif

I really want that one piece dancing game

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1: Tides of Fate Complete -- MB-1671ED3B9ADFD796 - Taken by autoduelist

autoduelist

Want to pull the trigger on Omerta, but the mixed reviews have me worried... sounds too easy.

Feeling a bit reluctant due to just picking up Breach & Clear. I was expecting an ultra-hard 'realistic' take on Frozen Synapse, only to discover it's more 'casual mode Frozen Synapse'... still fun, just not what I wanted. Makes me hesitant to grab Omerta for the same reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw thanks to the nice people that randomly gave me gifts today (you know who you are)

i don't know what i did to deserve it, but thanks

now if one of you could find a way to send me a working bathroom that'd be swell

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
btw thanks to the nice people that randomly gave me gifts today (you know who you are)

i don't know what i did to deserve it, but thanks

now if one of you could find a way to send me a working bathroom that'd be swell

If you need to go so bad, go to a place with a public restroom?

the rafters of anor londo without shield ._.

i don't know how i'm gonna get past the archers lol

what'd you do here? I suppose if you run the rafters fast enough, the acolytes go all close range mode and rush you. I did it with my trusty grass crest shield + lightning spear... I've been relying on that lately, since I can't add elemental damage to my beloved iaito yet.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bathing is overrated.
if you like being drenched in filth that is

If you need to go so bad, go to a place with a public restroom?
well it's 5 am :p

i'll survive

just making it really to get any work done lol

what'd you do here? I suppose if you run the rafters fast enough, the acolytes go all close range mode and rush you. I did it with my trusty grass crest shield + lightning spear... I've been relying on that lately, since I can't add elemental damage to my beloved iaito yet.
used force and iframes rolled the knives

got it at second try, first time i tried to attack the dudes and locking on made me fall to my death

if you like being drenched in filth that is

well it's 5 am :p

used force and iframes rolled the knives

got it at second try, first time i tried to attack the dudes and locking on made me fall to my death

If it wasn't for some weird wonkiness, I would've had the archers on the first try... I fell through some part of the ledge as i rolled the arrows.

Then I tried to do it again, but block with the shield, figuring I'd just take the knockback and then sprint in between... and the knockback became some wonky tractor beam that magnetised me and pulled me toward the knight and off the ledge.

It didn't take long to actually do though. Feels good, man.

Want to pull the trigger on Omerta, but the mixed reviews have me worried... sounds too easy.

Feeling a bit reluctant due to just picking up Breach & Clear. I was expecting an ultra-hard 'realistic' take on Frozen Synapse, only to discover it's more 'casual mode Frozen Synapse'... still fun, just not what I wanted. Makes me hesitant to grab Omerta for the same reason.

I'm sitting in the same boat regarding Omerta. I was hoping someone would have given an impression or two in here, all irecall is that people were disappointed when it released but ican't remember why, or what their expectations were.

It's not.

In some cases, yes, but not in your case. If you do encounter something that cannot be added to your cart, follow these steps:

(Click the "free servers" link to see the free account info -- you don't have to register.)

Thanks a lot Jase !

And bought ! didn't have to use any VPN, will activate once I get home from work.

Chariot

Awww yeah.
Although I'm, still weirded out by the japanese voices and than just continued to read the manga. I grew up with the german voice actors and every voice seems wrong. Nevertheless looks cool *__*
What's your 24-hour equivalent then?
Does every country has that? I think in germany there are only petrol stations and shops in big train stations and airports that are opened around the clock.

Milamber

Awww yeah.
Although I'm, still weirded out by the japanese voices and than just continued to read the manga. I grew up with the german voice actors and every voice seems wrong. Nevertheless looks cool *__*

I don't even know their voices. I was pure manga only until I saw that 3D Mugiwara Chase OVA. Their Japanese voices sound completely different in my head.

there isn't any!

i guess you can go to a gas station but closest one is like 12 dark, scary blocks away

Pee in the streets then.

Tizoc

ARE YOU READY FOR THE MAN
THE MYTH
THE LEGEND
slBRVO4.jpg

his reward is higher than Luffy's
Also I can't help but pictre Gaben as Don Flamingo now for some reason

Monooboe

Good Morning SteamGAF!:D Great to wake up to two deal I've wanted, Killer is Dead and Valiant Hearts.

Also, reading about One Piece, whoa does it make me nostalgic, used to watch it up to episode 200 and then I just said "nope, I'm done with anime".XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom