• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Ok I think I have made up my mind. I am going to use my $12 Steam money to buy Darkest Dungeon now as apposed to saving it for the first sale on D:OS2.

You really need people with commitment to play this in coop.

Are you playing it in co-op?

I'm playing it co-op with my buddy who I also co-op'ed DOS1 with. It was not easy to convince him to play this one in co-op because of the time commitment required but I eventually got him to agree. Good news is, after a pretty rough start in Fort Joy, we're both having a lot of fun with the game now. I don't expect we'll finish it before 2018 though.

Also, Humble just tweeted this - https://twitter.com/humble/statuses/915607512208101376. Basically you get $10 of Humble wallet credit if you opt for the annual Humble Monthly plan.

I Love the amount of Nioh advertisements around it, making it look like they are actually fighting
eTiR.jpg

Amzin

I'm 9 months into my annual subscription and haven't regretted it. Even if 2 of the next 3 months are bombs, I'll still way more than have gotten value out of it.

I could actually pay for the next annual subscription now to get that $10 and it looks like it'll kick in when my current one is done? Interesting. This has been a very expensive month with some bills but I may still go for it.

Phinor

GMG Coupon going out.
25% off Cuphead, PUBG, Rogue Trooper, Elex, Dungeons 3, and Battle Chasers.

I assume Battle Chasers is full price right now at GMG (minus the coupon obviously)? It's been a year and a half and I still can't see products in their store from Finland because I'm using IPv6 (because Rainbow Six Siege fails to load main menu and connect if I'm using IPv4...)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume Battle Chasers is full price right now at GMG (minus the coupon obviously)? It's been a year and a half and I still can't see products in their store from Finland because I'm using IPv6 (because Rainbow Six Siege fails to load main menu and connect if I'm using IPv4...)

yes the 10% pre-order discount is gone from every store.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

As a person who works in embedded software but not games, I am VERY impressed with that solution. It is both devious in how it subverts what those are notionally used for and in that it is a failproof solution to what seems like very hard problems. Catching weird memory problems and one-off crashes are things that keep me awake a night. If I could implement a solution like this I absolutely would. It is amazingly ingenious for a solution.

I am both scared and impressed of that solution.

How many Assassin's Creed's are Far Cry's? I didn't expect all the wildlife and hunting, lighting arrows over fire sources, hawk tagging enemies. Are any other AC's so closely related?

All ubisoft games are essentially the same at their core. Climb towers, collect feathers and skin animals. They are usually pretty fun though.

prudislav

Its beeen years , finally so close

We have now released our final beta version! This version features the new story mode, and is feature-complete --we just need a couple weeks of final testing before we exit beta and release Overgrowth 1.0 .
At that point we will continue to support Overgrowth, using the 1.x version scheme, while exploring ideas of what to make next! Here is a video showing what's new in the final beta:
Changelog: http://blog.wolfire.com/2017/10/Overgrowth-Beta-6---The-Final-Beta
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5CHSj_QqU

... so many of those old Earl Access titles releasing recenly

Man Zen Studios really fucked up with this Pinball FX3 release. Not only has it been massively buggy getting my tables to transfer over from FX2 to FX3, now there are a good portion of tables that are compatible with FX3 not transferring properly to that app. At times, all my tables register but other times, some come out as missing and locked away.

Another gripe is how the tables are bundled up in FX3. For instance, I don't own the Star Wars Rouge One table. In FX2, it was a standalone table DLC but in FX3, it is bundled up with other Star Wars tables...ones I already own. And in FX3, you can't buy Rogue One separately. Also, forget about buying it on FX2 and transferring it over... Zen Studios took down all of FX2 tables and hub from Steam.

What a shitshow. Surprised it hasn't hit mostly negative in reviews.

Zeneric

9 days left till The Evil Within 2 is out. Still need to replay/finish the first game and the DLCs. Still not in mood to do the first game. The technical mess of the first game on PC is what holding me back.

Zeneric

ugh. No.
Should I be?

Yes. There's a tool/program that idles games for cards for you. Free money.

edit:

I probably should idle too. Haven't idled in a long while.

edit 2:

Idling. 84 cards to obtain. Let's say: .05 cents (CAD) for each card (.05 * 84) = $4.2 CAD. Nice.

Nzyme32

Not sure if it was already posted, but the Oats Studios short created in Unity is amazing:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/633030/Oats_Studios__Volume_1/

(Click Adam, under series content).

Youtube for easier viewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NeB10INDo

I've actually bought this on Steam. For £3 you get the full surround sound versions, raw audio, footage, concept art, assets etc for everything they have been doing, which is a lot and all part of the first "season". Worth it.

Where am I going to find 118 hours....
Oo04a.gif

Same problem. Time to make a time machine akin to Red Alert 3 specifically

Zeneric

There was a version a while back where jshack was telling us to hold off on updating, IIRC.

I've been out of the card game too long.

Time to make some sweet pennies.

Currently using the latest version (from jshackles' idle master site). No problem sofar, seemingly.

Are there knows issues with the keyboard controls in Danganronpa 3? I don't recall that being the case during trial one, but in trial two the A and S buttons were switched for the final argumentation minigame, which complicated things quite a bit.

Top Bottom