• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
well, afaik when you use USB your processor uses some mhz for that andsomethingsomethingpeopleareparanoiditsfine

I think ps2 can also handle a higher amount of simultaneous inputs

I'm team mech keyboard hipster though so take it for what it's worth

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Update: Abusive user on the host node for the VPS. Company is working to disable user and restore functionality.
I'm just glad I wasn't the abusive user
Abusive user?
KdN1zB.gif

Copons

I think ps2 can also handle a higher amount of simultaneous inputs

I'm team mech keyboard hipster though so take it for what it's worth

Ah yeah, I gave a look around and apparently USB does have a limitation, even though I haven't noticed it in an extremely long time, probably since when I used PS2 keyboards anyway, so I dunno. Probably as I got older I also felt less the need to randomly slam my entire hand on the keyboard.

Oh we're talking PC PS2. Isn't that spelled PS/2? Regardless it always throws me off.

I can't output slashes on my keyboard because on the Italian layout I should press Shift+7 together but I'm plugged via USB and I'm limited. Also lagging a lot. :(

73V3N

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (73V3N, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-03F548DCC3261111 - Taken by Bayonetta

t1423612307z1.png

Let me know if it doesnt work

cHinzo

The two games have no major issues outside of the first one with some of the additional banter while exploring some areas. The game will trigger the subtitles but not play the necessary audio files.

Ah, doesn't look like that much of a deal. Gonna put em on my wishlist and getting them during the next sale then. Thank's for the heads up! :D

73V3N

Banned
Oops i was the last post of last page.

quoted for the new one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (73V3N, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-03F548DCC3261111 - Taken by Bayonetta. 1 entrants total.

t1423612307z1.png

Let me know if it doesnt work

Kifimbo

Well, I give up. 100% Orange Juice is just awful. It's basically RNG: The Game. At least with bad board games, it's still possible to have fun with friends around the same table. With 100% Orange Juice, whatever you do, whatever card you choose, you'll win about 1/4 of the games. Barely any strategy/skills involved.

Nabs

Wait does this mean he is going to be watching over the pc release of blops3: space ops? I will be over the moon if that's the case.

Yup. He was director of tech @ Activision for a bit last year, but it looks like Treyarch brought him back in for Blops 3: Crack Ops.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yup. He was director of tech @ Activision for a bit last year, but it looks like Treyarch brought him back in for Blops 3: Crack Ops.
Best move ever. We really are gonna get a true sequel to the best multiplayer fps made in the last 5 years with him taking care of our pc release.

Nzyme32

I don't get it. Why use the Asteroids franchise for this?

Considering we don't actually know enough about the gameplay, I'm personally not to bothered yet.

The description makes it sound like some sort of sandbox 1st or 3rd person RTS / Tower Defence, with the ability to shoot down asteroids. Asteroids was solely shooting down asteroids, and would likely translate into a fairly bland arcade game by today's standards. Yet asteroids as a concept and impending doom, in a sandboxy RTS / Tower Defence thing that is 1st or 3rd person, may actually be reasonable as a reboot and re-imagination.

I'd say wait and see

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Tuesday is upon us

Gintoki

Well, I give up. 100% Orange Juice is just awful. It's basically RNG: The Game. At least with bad board games, it's still possible to have fun with friends around the same table. With 100% Orange Juice, whatever you do, whatever card you choose, you'll win about 1/4 of the games. Barely any strategy/skills involved.

70% of it is luck, 20% is poppo winning and 10% skill

I dunno its just fun playing it online.

oh for the love of god, please don't tell me it maintenance NOW!? when i finally get home and have time to play -_- come on man, highly upset.

dani_dc

Has this been posted?

Valve: Stop promising Steam keys for Greenlight votes

"We understand that running contests or giving away copies of your game can be viewed as a form of marketing. But for the purposes of Greenlight, we don't think that giving away copies of your game in exchange for votes accurately reflects genuine customer interest," the statement reads in part.

"This is something we continue to take into account when evaluating titles to be greenlit. The result is that it may take significantly longer for your title to get Greenlit."

A bit too late to be doing this considering the amount of games that already made it into steam.

derExperte

Fuck the Evolve haters. Yes, that means you. And you. AND ESPECIALLY YOU, don't try to hide, I got you tagged.

Also let's try to get a SteamGAF team together.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-DA11CE51BED06009 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -- MB-434388D0016786D5 - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-7A6295D4082FA424 - Taken by bobnowhere. 29 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-6F035A2B3912DD01 - Taken by Diedac. 11 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-AA1301DC17A417A3 - Taken by Naked Snake. 13 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: There was an error processing one of your keys. If a key is missing from the list, there was an error processing it. This may be an issue with unicode characters in a game name or could just be a glitch in the system. Feel free to post your giveaway or resubmit to see if it processes the next time. If no keys are missing, disregard this message.

t1423619148z1.png

Feep

Banned
Awesome! I love the little touches like how Val and Corrin respond to your commands. Though I do remember the grief I got for trying to play Endwar voice controlled only in a busy house. I hope there's going to be some voice activated easter eggs of sorts ;)
There are at the very least 22 voice-activated Easter Eggs. = D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-AA1301DC17A417A3 - Taken by Naked Snake. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-DA11CE51BED06009 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -- MB-434388D0016786D5 - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-6F035A2B3912DD01 - Taken by Diedac. 11 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-B4A45B17702BC9F1 - Taken by arts&crafts. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-7A6295D4082FA424 - Taken by bobnowhere. 29 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Star Wars: Dark Forces was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1423619559z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom