• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hmmm... maybe I don't remember the demo. From what I remember from watching videos of the demo, it was just the tutorial part of the game, which was just the same battle system but with no skills or paradigms unlocked (i.e. nothing to actually do in battle). But it could be that my memory is lying to me.

No it was a bit different since I had worked out how to initiate things mid-animation to cause lightning to flip back and dodge and efficient ways to take out enemies. The way you staggered enemies was a bit different as well to the point I feel I had more control of what I was doing than the final product.

Pupo

I'm with BernardoOne on this. Radical Edward as Neptune is just too good. There are a couple of weaker performances, but the ones that work work well.

I was joking, I don't know if the english audio sucks or not, but I want japanese voices on my japanese games, same for english when it's a western game. I prefer original voices.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
All Im doing these days is play with Dolphin emulator. Cleared Lost Kingdoms 2 today and starting my rextexturing project from scratch cause I want to make something interesting with it.

Redoing all textures will be a pain.

I think my son screwed up big time on his computer.

He went to a website that claimed it was giving free $100 steam cards for completing a survey. After completing a survey, it downloaded a file called steamwallet.rar. Once he uncompressed it, he clicked on steam wallet (1).exe.

Now, based on common sense and my research, this program probably steals accounts. The site he got it from is listed with zero trust from several internet security sites. However there isn't any real info on what this thing does

The good news is, I don't know if it actually worked or not. Couple of reasons

1. He isn't on an admin account
2. When he ran it, it gave an error message about not finding certain files.
3. All the files are from 2009, around the first mentioning of it on google so maybe Valve has already protected against this
4. nothing out of the ordinary hit the firewall.

Beyond that, I can't find anything wrong with his computer. It isn't infected with viruses or malware. He can still log onto steam. Nothing looks out of place or unusual.

Of course I will keep an eye on it for the next few weeks. Do you think I should be concerned? Anything I should look for? Also his steam account never had a credit card attached to it. He was limited to store bought games or steam cards from game stop so no credit card worries.

Feep

Banned
do they require knowledge of Sequence?
None, actually.

Surely.

Surely, something NeoGAF related in at least one of them.
There are something like four GAF references in and around the game.

Ok, I have to admit that the game having a sci-fi setting together with characters which look to have distinct personalities with nice voice actors did get me a lot more excited. The story of a tech-head on the run from secret organizations also is pretty nice. That intro also looked cool.
Best of luck to you with it.
Thanks! ^^

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

He went to a website that claimed it was giving free $100 steam cards for completing a survey. After completing a survey, it downloaded a file called steamwallet.rar. Once he uncompressed it, he clicked on steam wallet (1).exe.

Now, based on common sense and my research, this program probably steals accounts. The site he got it from is listed with zero trust from several internet security sites. However there isn't any real info on what this thing does

3. All the files are from 2009, around the first mentioning of it on google so maybe Valve has already protected against this

Beyond that, I can't find anything wrong with his computer. It isn't infected with viruses or malware. He can still log onto steam. Nothing looks out of place or unusual.

Of course I will keep an eye on it for the next few weeks. Do you think I should be concerned? Anything I should look for? Also his steam account never had a credit card attached to it. He was limited to store bought games or steam cards from game stop so no credit card worries.
You should be concerned with how you failed to teach your son not to accept candy from strangers.

If you can't find any malicious software on the computer, I'd be changing his password right about NOW just in case. Does sound like it's an old scam, better to be safe than sorry.

I wonder what level 0 account shared with him this miraculous find.

It was different? I'm still mad that demo never came to the us .

I've played a decent amount, I'm just not picky and have said before linearity doesn't bother me at all. The story was its biggest flaw. But the characters aside from hope saved the day.
Wow what? I found the characters to be just as bad, if not worse than how annoying how linear the game is. Lightning and the Aussie girl are without a doubt the worst ones IMO.

MUnited83

For you.
I was joking, I don't know if the english audio sucks or not, but I want japanese voices on my japanese games, same for english when it's a western game. I prefer original voices.

You should give it a try, it's really good. Neptunia and Virtue's Last Reward are the games that I think people really should experience in English. Much superior than the original ones, imo.

Turfster

God damn games with multiplayer achievements, and a pox on the person that thought it would be funny to put a "4 player local multiplayer only" achievement in Lara's Oshiri.

Parsnip

Jedi_Outcast_pc_cover.jpg

Always thought that the Jedi Knight logo looked like space banjo.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
God damn games with multiplayer achievements, and a pox on the person that thought it would be funny to put a "4 player local multiplayer only" achievement in Lara's Oshiri.
Agreed. I dunno what I'm going to have to do for the Bioshock 2 ones, when I get around to playing that.

Parsnip

Mozilla is going to prevent third-party addons fro Firefox that aren't hosted through their site.

Link

Enhanced Steam falls under this category:

Which is precisely why I removed Enhanced Steam from AMO last year, because their review process was taking ages to approve my updates, and they were actually requiring me to remove features they didn't agree with.

The bottom line is: Firefox support for Enhanced Steam will likely be ending later this year if Mozilla proceeds as planned.

Oh poop.
Mozilla hates their users.

I can't unsee it. And I hate you for that.

My work here is done.

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Starfighter -- MB-9FA7D38DF09B580A - Taken by PhoenixFyre. 11 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-D4F022284F75FEB7 - Taken by autoduelist. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-6B70BDFB8E70FF73 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-4238A9026FFCCD78 - Taken by pupo. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-3985409A824D768E - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-CCEB62E340E691BA - Taken by Annubis. 18 entrants total.
Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack -- MB-1604253FAED396F2 - Taken by Conrad Link. 14 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -- MB-50714F4333A5D123 - Taken by Purkake4. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Republic Commando -- MB-36679C034B9E9FCE - Taken by Articalys. 15 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-B7AC70F5F4A20BEC - Taken by topyy. 10 entrants total.

t1423642875z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
modbot™ like all python™ 2.x scripts hates unicode™ and curses everything it stands for and so would really prefer you not use ™ or other similar symbols.

Ninian

Neo Member
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ninian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...er_292x136.jpg
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-BC33531B85F7281D - Taken by texhnolyze
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-E1F233B23E3F3D92 - Taken by Tizoc

All this SW talk makes me think of other random SW games I 'enjoyed', I remember EP1 was hilarious to walk around Mos Eisley picking on the townspeople. I don't think it was an open world game but I certainly treated it like one lol.

This HB is really making me want to go back through the Jedi Knight series. It's been years. I think its time to return to the party...

KYLE KATARN HERE I COME!

Deitus

For future reference, if you quote the text in the PM instead of copying and pasting, it won't truncate the urls, and it will have handy links in the text to make it easier for people to enter the giveaway.

But Disney basically scrapped the entire history! It's not even official anymore.

Considering half of what is canon is garbage, I'm not sure that it really matters.

Shadownet

Banned
I just won Kotor I from an anonymous modbot giveaway, don't have II yet ^_^

Kotor II coming your way Snake.

Oh my

I don't have kotor 1 on steam but through DVD if that matters

I don't need it, I got my mileage out of it. But I swear Hero prinny needed a copy
I'll make sure he gets it then. Thanks bro.

i didn't know you had friends

also i'm guessing everyone that was ever interested in kotor has it in some shape or form by now

I don't have any. I just play pretend and hope you guys play along with me.
:(

That's what I thought too, but there's bound to be some new blood.

Shadows Of The Empire is real to me!

I've never played KOTOR, I bought it on Xbox way back in the days though, just never found the motivation.

iosefe

I remember my brothers brought home the Xbox version. It was so cool to see it. I played pastcyaris to Dantooine, but stop at manaan. Then for years I hadn't played it until I got the BoPC collection. Best 20 dollars spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom