• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

I retried everything everyone suggested earlier to get DS4 buttons in-game while still using DS4Windows and still nothing.

• Stopping or closing DS4W after connecting either turns off the controller or the light switches back on as per the "Turn off when bluetooth is disconnected" option.
  • Forcing Dinput from the DS4 with a separate profile just makes the buttons no longer work (though the touchpad still acts as a mouse).
  • Hiding or Showing the DS4 doesn't seem to do anything either, even when closing and starting the program fresh.
I don't understand why Sony thought it would be a good idea to put on a battery draining light on a controller that already had shit battery life.

On a scale of 1 to corridor, how much am I going to like FF XIII if I liked all the previous ones?

corridor.

Hm...
FF13 is okay, but you can not return to most parts of the game and actually almost all maps shortly before the end are corridors. There are no mazes, not intelligently built dungeons, but you almost go from A to B in a straight line.

Pew pew!

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-3AEB3E84150E799D - Taken by rrvv
Retro/Grade -- MB-D52C0E57D8157ECE - Taken by xGreg

I did a rad feature with GameTrailers recently for There Came an Echo. Let's see how well those commands work...

(<3 Ian and Elyse)
Ok, I have to admit that the game having a sci-fi setting together with characters which look to have distinct personalities with nice voice actors did get me a lot more excited. The story of a tech-head on the run from secret organizations also is pretty nice. That intro also looked cool.
Best of luck to you with it.
For all my 3Bros out there, PCDev is back at Treyarch ready to be awesome like usual. They just pushed out another security update, protecting our skies from hackers who abuse Family Sharing.
Who is this guy and what did he do in the past that you are excited to see him at Treyarch?

Khronico

What are the good star wars game anyway? Like, the ones to play over all else?

If I was forced I'd have to say KOTOR2 (Although you'll miss out on story beats that it references from 1), but there's quite a few amazing Star Wars games out there:

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight 1-3
Tie Fighter
Empire at War
Battlefront 1&2
Republic Commando
KOTOR1

If you only have time for 2 or 3, I'd do KOTOR1, KOTOR2, and Jedi Outcast.

Speaking of Dark Forces, I really REALLY want a Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Ed/Shadow Warrior Redux style remaster, that game is still one of my favorite games of all time.

louiedog

Devolver Digital has published a free documentary called The Art of Playing on Steam.

Indie video game developers push games to new frontiers in storytelling, music, animation and design. Texas has the second largest concentration of game companies in the U.S. Along with major game developers like EA and Blizzard, there is a small but committed group of independent developers and artists working diligently to bring their own voice to “lower the floor and raise the ceiling.” As these independents create more and more original work, what kind of impact can they have on the industry?

Presented as part of the Arts in Context series produced by KLRU-TV, Austin PBS.

im not liking evolve that much , playing it with random people doesnt help too :/

I almost messaged you on steam to see how you liked it, but didn't want to interrupt.

Unfortunately can't play tonight either way. I've heard mostly good things about the actual gameplay though, so hopefully it will click for you soon.

zoozilla

I was looking at LA Noire for $5. Worth it?

I heard that the PC version wasn't great, but is it a matter of glitchiness/instability or performance issues? I mainly just want to see the crazy facial animation.

ExoSoul

Banned
Apologies, this batch of exams took longer than expected and then I had to shower.

Whoa, missed her post earlier. Get better soon!
Will do!
you're not really giving me any choice =P

I missed what happened Exosoul but I certainly do wish you a swift recovery.
Thanks man =)

we never did find out exactly what happened. i hope when he returns we have a nice story
I think you'll be disappointed.
As I've said some days ago I've been sick for the past few days and my organism has a defence mechanism that when I'm in too much pain it just shuts down (I get in a near hibernation state). It was around lunch time and I was alone, when my parents returned they found me on the floor unresponsive so they rushed me to the hospital (to at least check for traumatism). On the way I came to and asked my gf to meet us there, I had already "checked in" when I blacked out again. Now they're just keeping me under observation and running exams.
This happens kinda often actually, just that usually I'm not standing when it does.

plot twist: it was a plastic surgery ... he's in the witness protection program
You know too much =_=

Now to start working on the surprise that isn't really a surprise...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't hate Evolve, but I'm not exactly enthused either. Some of the other modes are more my speed since it focuses less on the hunt and more on directly pitting one against the other. But it still feels... incomplete in some ways. And nothing to do with DLC or content, just the shooting and movement is so floaty and unsatisfying. Doesn't help that my main co-op group didn't buy in when the price error was live. Guess it's a good thing I only paid $6 for it.

I think you'll be disappointed.
As I've said some days ago I've been sick for the past few days and my organism has a defence mechanism that when I'm in too much pain it just shuts down (I get in a near hibernation state). It was around lunch time and I was alone, when my parents returned they found me on the floor unresponsive so they rushed me to the hospital (to at least check for traumatism). On the way I came to and asked my gf to meet us there, I had already "checked in" when I blacked out again. Now they're just keeping me under observation and running exams.
This happens kinda often actually, just that usually I'm not standing when it does.
Oh wow that sounds pretty rough :( Is there any way to get rid of those?
On the flip-side it sounds like you are on the verge of developing superpowers, so there's always a silver lining :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mozilla is going to prevent third-party addons fro Firefox that aren't hosted through their site.

Link

Enhanced Steam falls under this category:

Extension developers who don't host their extension on the add-on repository will need to create an account on the site and submit the extension to Mozilla for review if they want to make it available for Stable or Beta versions of Firefox.

Which is precisely why I removed Enhanced Steam from AMO last year, because their review process was taking ages to approve my updates, and they were actually requiring me to remove features they didn't agree with.

The bottom line is: Firefox support for Enhanced Steam will likely be ending later this year if Mozilla proceeds as planned.

louiedog

Mozilla is going to prevent third-party addons fro Firefox that aren't hosted through their site.

Link

Which is precisely why I removed Enhanced Steam from AMO last year, because their review process was taking ages to approve my updates, and they were actually requiring me to remove features they didn't agree with.

The bottom line is: Firefox support for Enhanced Steam will likely be ending later this year if Mozilla proceeds as planned.

It took me a long time to switch to Chrome from Firefox because of extensions. Now they'll keep me from going back.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Link

Damn. For an open browser, they certainly don't make it easy.

derExperte

Steam stats finally updated properly and Evolve is doing good if you consider the top 5 almost unreachable for a new game/IP.

And I started to like FF. Let's see what Spartan brings to the table or if the new Opera is good enough by then.

im not liking evolve that much , playing it with random people doesnt help too :/

Sooner or later more will know what to do but I'm having a blast already with randoms and no mic. Though that's how I play most mp games so I'm easy to please as long as there's stuff exploding.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And I started to like FF. Let's see what Spartan brings to the table or if the new Opera is good enough by then.

I really hope that Spartan offers extension support like they're touting. If the extensions for that browser end up being as easy for Chrome developers as Microsoft claims, I might be dropping support for Firefox and adding support for Spartan.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

2015-02-11_03-31-18.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Firefox, I just can't quit you.

Is it possible for Enhanced Steam to run as a script inside greasemonkey?

ExoSoul

Banned
Oh wow that sounds pretty rough :( Is there any way to get rid of those?
On the flip-side it sounds like you are on the verge of developing superpowers, so there's always a silver lining :p
One of my conditions is chronic pain sindrome so they really work together quite nicely :D I take some muscle relaxants as "prevention", that's pretty much all I can do for it.
Do I get to choose them? :3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Astro Emporia -- MB-4601D8E60B93DDB4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Link

Damn, and I wanted to switch to Firefox eventually. :\

MadGear

FF13 to me is a decent JRPG.
I didn't mind the corridor since the battle system was fun.

I actually ended up enjoying it as well but i was somewhat put off by the sheer amount of fights which where dragging things out more than necessary (especially at the end). What i didn't like about its battle system however is its high speed. Rather than using the auto-battle function i would actually have liked to use "manual combat" way more but since this game is so fast this was usually a really bad idea unless i wanted to use ruin or some other AOE attacks on certain enemies. Because of this I sometimes felt more like a viewer than an actor in that game because for plenty of fights the game could have played itself.
I still enjoyed it quite a lot and didn't end up hating Vanille (instead I absolutely dislike Hope) and I'm actually looking forward to play its sequels.

jshackles

Firefox, I just can't quit you.

Is it possible for Enhanced Steam to run as a script inside greasemonkey?

It actually started out years ago as a greasemonkey script, but quickly surpassed greasemonkey's limitations as it needs access to things like localstorage, cookie data, cross domain scriptiong on the site, and the extension uses higher level Firefox extension APIs for things like settings storage and local image hosting.

All isn't lost though, if Mozilla goes through with their plan you'll still be able to use Enhanced Steam in Firefox using the Standalone application.

Of course if this change is accompanied by an easier / streamlined certification process, it might not be such a big deal.

FF13 to me is a decent JRPG.
I didn't mind the corridor since the battle system was fun.

you mustve played like a total of 3 jrpgs, 5 tops if you consider FF13 anything above shit. speaking of ff13 tho, i recently found out my brother added that game on my wishlist a while back and i never even noticed. i brought it up to him and he was surprised that i just noticed now and asked if it riled up my jimmies... the answer to that question is yes, it indeed riled up my jimmies.

Deitus

you mustve played like a total of 3 jrpgs, 5 tops if you consider FF13 anything above shit.

I enjoyed my time with FFXIII. It certainly wasn't one of the genre greats, but I really enjoyed the battle system. It's okay for people to have different taste in games.

I just finished Nep Nep, it was amazing, pretty fun, graphics and ost was good too.

kf7NLpl.png

dang bruh, you JUST finished it? thats a long game right there. whats the game about + what kind of battle system?

I enjoyed my time with FFXIII. It certainly wasn't one of the genre greats, but I really enjoyed the battle system. It's okay for people to have different taste in games.

ahh chillax, i know some people like that turd. just teasing my bro jaw.

Pupo

dang bruh, you JUST finished it? thats a long game right there. whats the game about + what kind of battle system?

Ah yeah, I need to unlock all the achievements now.
About the gameplay, it's simple but fun at the same time, just watch it =d

Nep nep
PD: english voices sucks, glad it has dual audio.

Jawmuncher

I miss the battle system in the demo. ): I bought it initially because of that.
It was different? I'm still mad that demo never came to the us .
you mustve played like a total of 3 jrpgs, 5 tops if you consider FF13 anything above shit. speaking of ff13 tho, i recently found out my brother added that game on my wishlist a while back and i never even noticed. i brought it up to him and he was surprised that i just noticed now and asked if it riled up my jimmies... the answer to that question is yes, it indeed riled up my jimmies.
I've played a decent amount, I'm just not picky and have said before linearity doesn't bother me at all. The story was its biggest flaw. But the characters aside from hope saved the day.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Get Through -- MB-00DE0F48467DD9DE - Taken by Purkake4. 18 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SOMETIMES (Desura) -- MB-6691F9E6A87D4DFD - Taken by Jason Frost
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-D63DB8ADAB4718C3 - Taken by xGreg
UFO AFTERMATH -- MB-2AA1A4BF1EE085D0 - Taken by nja. 3 entrants total.
SOULBRINGER (ShinyLoot) -- MB-FEE7EAD6DB1C72CE - Taken by Mikurden - Taken by PunishedSnake
BlackSoul -- MB-96355F4EBF92DA2B - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-881F9BF23B80A4BD - Taken by FauX. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% ORANGE JUICE (Desura) -- MB-5830485D6816AB04 - Taken by Uraizen. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-5DEC783832FDF54B - Taken by daydream. 5 entrants total.
MEGABYTE PUNCH -- MB-47E49F8241167A1F - Taken by 73V3N. 7 entrants total.
Vector -- MB-4C8FC903E62501D4 - Taken by Natty1. 11 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SQUARE HEROES (Desura) -- MB-0CA276E25102E4BE - Taken by Jason Frost
Rush For Glory -- MB-AA26A2DACFCF603F - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-8965DCD1A403BD68 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Pahelika (may not work) -- MB-A2FB2D5EABE3145B - Taken by JustLynx
Retro/Grade -- MB-29701F68089029ED - Taken by Sarcasm. 11 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-E15B6882E3F5B0A6 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-A2BB98EED9BC1C2C - Taken by Conrad Link

t1423710914z1.png
Modbot is drunk and Always Sometimes Monsters isn't an option here. Sorry. These should all work. This is a repost of stuff that was never taken.

Deitus

I miss the battle system in the demo. ): I bought it initially because of that.

Hmmm... maybe I don't remember the demo. From what I remember from watching videos of the demo, it was just the tutorial part of the game, which was just the same battle system but with no skills or paradigms unlocked (i.e. nothing to actually do in battle). But it could be that my memory is lying to me.

Naa, you ruined it =d

I'm with BernardoOne on this. Radical Edward as Neptune is just too good. There are a couple of weaker performances, but the ones that work work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom