• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i haven't played them in a while so i could be wrong but i get the impression kotor aged kind of awful

maybe it's just that i don't care all that much for star wars

Deitus

I never played the KOTOR games either. I watched my brother play a bit of the first one, but for whatever reason I was never motivated to play myself.

I was going to pick up the bundle if the average dropped, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. Since it's only the two games I'd even want, I'll probably just pick up the $1 tier and save KOTOR 2 for the next time it's on sale (not like I'll have a chance to play through the first one any time soon anyway).

Kinda forgot Disney made all these games non-canon. They could at least kept The Force Unleashed canon since it was between Episode 3 and 4. =/

zkylon

zkylewd
Between you and me.. I'm a Star Trek kind of guy.
and everyone else in the thread

i guess i'm closer to star wars as i'll probably go watch those at the theatres and i haven't bothered with the recent star trek movies, but tbh i don't care too much for either

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-A7E042964D2CAC2C - Taken by nightstorm
Star Wars Jedi Academy -- MB-3E24F91AF334D27B - Taken by NightmareTrigger

I was a total Star Wars fanboy as a kid. Read almost every book (no joke, it was my life) watched every movie multiple times (Had the VHS box set of the OT), played every game (minus later lego star wars games and obvious trash), and read most of the comic books. It was such a big part of my life.

I remember sleepless nights as a youngster playing through Dark Forces, completely and utterly engrossed. It was the third Star Wars game I owned, the first being Rebel Assault 2 (which I got with my PS1 for christmas) and the second being Tie Fighter. I memorized every. single. map.

I also remember the (probably) hundreds of hours spent playing Jedi Academy SP and chilling in MP servers (I just found out my goto server IS STILL ALIVE), dueling and just chatting. It was also the first game where I discovered modding as a thing, which I got super into, even making a few skins (although I never published them). I have such fond memories of both these games and I hope that whoever gets these keys will give them a try.

iosefe

I remember the good old days of clans. For battlefront 2, I rolled with IGF. They also did stuff in Jedi Academy, so I just HAD to buy it. Oh the things we did, the duels, the shoot outs...the JA+ grappling hook...

SWTOR was awesome though, if you view it as a single player RPG.
The story is great, and each class has its own story, Bioware style. You don't have to talk to other player nor form a group at all if you're only focusing on the main story. If you can't handle KOTOR graphics, try SWTOR.

Khronico

SWTOR was awesome though, if you view it as a single player RPG.
The story is great, and each class has its own story, Bioware style. You don't have to talk to other player nor form a group at all if you're only focusing on the main story. If you can't handle KOTOR graphics, try SWTOR.

I was pleasantly surprised by TOR. It's actually seemed to be a pretty good game from what I played. I rolled Imperial Agent and the 1-2hrs I clocked where enjoyable, writing was better than expected (interacting with npcs and playing through quests acting like a sociopath is... really fun).

Should really get back to that... If only it wasn't like 50GB.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's really a pain in the butt that the BTA is so high. I only really want KotOR 2 but I don't want to pay another $10.50 for it. If it was around $6 I wouldn't have minded.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean i remember enjoying kotor 1 and 2 a fair bit back in the day but they never blew my mind or anything and i don't have the fondest of memories of them

i feel like they might have been more impressive on console

Sajjaja

Let's say, hypothetically, I only got KotOR 1 and 2, Is the full bundle still worth it at that price?

Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Republic Commando at $4 a piece is a pretty good deal imo. I still don't have Republic Commando (hoping to win Speevy's giveaway) but I heard it's a gem.

I was pleasantly surprised by TOR. It's actually seemed to be a pretty good game from what I played. I rolled Imperial Agent and the 1-2hrs I clocked where enjoyable, writing was better than expected (interacting with npcs and playing through quests acting like a sociopath is... really fun).

Should really get back to that... If only it wasn't like 50GB.

I played SWTOR when the game went F2P, and it was around 25gb at that time.
I don't think the game got that much bigger since then.

Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Republic Commando at $4 a piece is a pretty good deal imo. I still don't have Republic Commando (hoping to win Speevy's giveaway) but I heard it's a gem.

Its pretty nice.

It came out around the time with Brothers in Arms and Full Spectrum Warrior, and for a while this trifecta brought tactical streamlined squad controls into a shooter, and brought it to the masses.

Now BiA 1 &2 are some of my fave shooters of all time, so playing essentially BiA with a SW skin/mod was pretty cool. Its not as good as BiA, hell it wasn't even a "great" game when it launched, just pretty good. Which was still an order of magnitude better than what I expected form a licensed SW shooter at that time. It caught me by surprise.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Starfighter -- MB-9FA7D38DF09B580A - Taken by PhoenixFyre. 11 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-D4F022284F75FEB7 - Taken by autoduelist. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-6B70BDFB8E70FF73 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-4238A9026FFCCD78 - Taken by pupo. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-3985409A824D768E - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-CCEB62E340E691BA - Taken by Annubis. 18 entrants total.
Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack -- MB-1604253FAED396F2 - Taken by Conrad Link. 14 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -- MB-50714F4333A5D123 - Taken by Purkake4. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Republic Commando -- MB-36679C034B9E9FCE - Taken by Articalys. 15 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-B7AC70F5F4A20BEC - Taken by topyy. 10 entrants total.

t1423642875z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
NOLF trademark update:

Good news, everyone! WB was unsuccessful:

Feb. 06, 2015 EXTENSION OF TIME TO OPPOSE PROCESS - TERMINATED

The status reverted back to "Application has been published for opposition" a couple of days ago, so all Night Dive has to do now is wait 30ish days.

Why does WB even want to extend it and then wont do anything with it?

It's an asset, better they have it and do nothing with it then let someone else have it. Look at the ridiculous Wheel of Time Pilot Fox put out a couple of days ago, its soul purpose was to keep control of the rights.

Arthea

guys, guys! this is megaton (don't tell me you already knew it and was keeping silent), there was update at some point, I have no clue when, but new accounts no longer can add friends, send messages and vote on greenlight before buying something on steam store! Before it was necessary only for using a market if I'm not mistaken.
I'm no 100% positive about all of it, but that seems to be the case, stumbled on it accidentally when someone new to steam couldn't add me to fl or any other people.

edited: that made me think is it an end of new phishing accounts or they will go as far as buying something cheap and continue?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
that star wars bundle was so good :p

so i was looking at the adventure games bundle, and i really dont have experience with these sorts of games. I played through the Blackwell games (except the last one) so that Golden Wake game caught my eye, but are the rest of those games sort of the same play style?

zkylon

zkylewd
guys, guys! this is megaton (don't tell me you already knew it and was keeping silent), there was update at some point, I have no clue when, but new accounts no longer can add friends, send messages and vote on greenlight before buying something on steam store! Before it was necessary only for using a market if I'm not mistaken.
I'm no 100% positive about all of it, but that seems to be the case, stumbled on it accidentally when someone new to steam couldn't add me to fl or any other people.

edited: that made me think is it an end of new phishing accounts or they will go as far as buying something cheap and continue?

sounds kind of lame, but pretty acceptable

yuraya

New Rule:

Must own Bad Rats if you want to talk to other people on steam.

Arthea

sounds kind of lame, but pretty acceptable

have you noticed no voting on greenlight part? No longer anybody can say that devs can make thousands accounts and upvote their game. (><)
But it is kinda big, there had to be some announcement about so important changes. Maybe it was in some steam update notes and I missed it?
I kid, I kid

New Rule:

Must own Bad Rats if you want to talk to other people on steam.
sounds about right!
you forgot a part where it can't be gifted, you have to buy it yourself if you wanna chat (><)

Sini

But it is kinda big, there had to be some announcement about so important changes. Maybe it was in some steam update notes and I missed it?
I kid, I kid
Dude who stumbled upon Steam support Twitter yesterday forgot about it again.

JaseC

This one is for Jase

P.S. Don't do it, it is not worth!!!

I'm going to do the Nomad Brotherhood stuff while I'm playing the game, but if I finish it and still have puzzles/missions to do then I'll quite likely just leave things there.

baterism

I aware of that too when my friend can't add me.

Uh oh, either phishing will stop or Bad Rats become multi-million sellers. I hope it's not just "buying a product" but also "at certain value". During sales Bad Rats is just Rp. 2000 (less than 2 cents dollar) in Indonesia. In Russia, it could be literally cheaper than dirt.

Edit: I didn't event grab Bad Rats at that price. That game is supposed to be given. No this is not stealth begging. Who the hell beg Bad Rats.

dex3108

I'm going to do the Nomad Brotherhood stuff while I'm playing the game, but if I finish it and still have puzzles/missions to do then I'll quite likely just leave things there.

You will have many missions left after you finish ACU. Pantheon missions will take around 2 weeks to finish. Just don't bother. I played it since day 1 and i finished it today.

Dr Dogg

You will have many missions left after you finish ACU. Pantheon missions will take around 2 weeks to finish. Just don't bother. I played it since day 1 and i finished it today.

The longest haul for me was building up a level 18+ team of 4 to knock the final 9 Pantheon missions out without the chance of failure. Also the limits put on the app for the bog standard version compared to the premium one are flipping clear to see. Those 5 extra slots can get you doing 1-3 missions simultaneously and having recruits at the beginning with the potential for get maximum stats for low recruitment cost. I dread to think what Ubisoft have concocted for Victory. Thankfully Rogue has no online community events, no companion app and clear and concise 100% requirements laid out.

dex3108

The longest haul for me was building up a level 18+ team of 4 to knock the final 9 Pantheon missions out without the chance of failure. Also the limits put on the app for the bog standard version compared to the premium one are flipping clear to see. Those 5 extra slots can get you doing 1-3 missions simultaneously and having recruits at the beginning with the potential for get maximum stats for low recruitment cost. I dread to think what Ubisoft have concocted for Victory. thankfully Rogue has no online community events, no companion app and clear and concise 100% requirements laid out.

All my assassins were 20+ level before Pantheon so i didn't have that much issues with levels but man 36h and 48h missions were bullshit. ACU Companion app was bullshit. At least in ACIV friends could speed you up and there was little gameplay with ships. They could use App for planning assassinations or for example tactical view for 5th coop member.

zkylon

zkylewd
have you noticed no voting on greenlight part? No longer anybody can say that devs can make thousands accounts and upvote their game. (><)
I kid, I kid
i assume valve has a system that filters out trash voters

right?

right?

Dr Dogg

All my assassins were 20+ level before Pantheon so i didn't have that much issues with levels but man 36h and 48h missions were bullshit. ACU Companion app was bullshit. At least in ACIV friends could speed you up and there was little gameplay with ships. They could use App for planning assassinations or for example tactical view for 5th coop member.

All I was after was Altair's robes which just so fucking happened to be the final tier 3 Pantheon mission and that took months to build up to that only to find out you don't actually unlock it straight up but got to then unlock the 3rd server bridge Helix Rift and then find it in there. What a horrible way to unlock an extra for series fans which was usually unlocked in the past game based on how many you played.

JaseC

So what you're saying is that I should totally keep doing it.

I liked Black Flag's ship battle mini-game, even though having decked-out MOWs made it trivial.

dex3108

All I was after was Altair's robes which just so fucking happened to be the final tier 3 Pantheon mission and that took months to build up to that only to find out you don't actually unlock it straight up but got to then unlock the 3rd server bridge Helix Rift and then find it in there. What a horrible way to unlock an extra for series fans which was usually unlocked in the past game based on how many you played.

I wrote really lengthy feedback for ACU (around 3600 words) and i sent it to Ubisoft. And part of that feedback was bashing Companion App. If you want to create Companion App for game make sure that is good and not mandatory for any content in game. Watch_Dogs App was and still is awesome. I want those kind of apps for games. Even Splinter Cell Blacklist had amazing little mini game in app form.

I wrote really lengthy feedback for ACU (around 3600 words) and i sent it to Ubisoft. And part of that feedback was bashing Companion App. If you want to create Companion App for game make sure that is good and not mandatory for any content in game. Watch_Dogs App was and still is awesome. I want those kind of apps for games. Even Splinter Cell Blacklist had amazing little mini game in app form.

Dont forget that the Companion App during the launch often deleted your progress.
"Oh. You unlocked things for 4 days? What a shame it would be if your progress is deleted!"

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

POP: Methodology Experiment One #2 -- MB-72E8AEF1B4107ADA - Taken by cardinalmind
POP: Methodology Experiment One -- MB-39C70B294BED180A - Taken by ExoSoul
POP: Methodology Experiment One #3 -- MB-EC2E0C2CAC782851 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Arthea

Could you vote for CrossCode on Greenlight? That game is made by friends of mine and honestly amazing.

funny that you mention it, I was about to post it as an interesting new greenlight game. No longer need, I'll upvote it, of course. ;)

I aware of that too when my friend can't add me.

Uh oh, either phishing will stop or Bad Rats become multi-million sellers. I hope it's not just "buying a product" but also "at certain value". During sales Bad Rats is just Rp. 2000 (less than 2 cents dollar) in Indonesia. In Russia, it could be literally cheaper than dirt.

Edit: I didn't event grab Bad Rats at that price. That game is supposed to be given. No this is not stealth begging. Who the hell beg Bad Rats.

now they just need to ban millions of existing phishing accounts and we'll have peace and quiet again, what will happen soonish
when the hell will freeze over (><)

No mention of the unannounced Steam Midweek Mystery sale?

there was plenty of mention... yesterday when it started ;)

This is completely random but could anyone please tell me how to convert text into a link? You know, instead of posting:

Trailer X: "link"

The words Trailer X being the link itself.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom