• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely random but could anyone please tell me how to convert text into a link? You know, instead of posting:

Trailer X: "link"

The words Trailer X being the link itself.

Many thanks.

There is a [/] code to doing it but a cheat is if you just highlight the text then hit the globe with the link button (called Insert Link) just above where you're typing then put in the address and it will do the work for you!

_hekk05

Banned
guys, guys! this is megaton (don't tell me you already knew it and was keeping silent), there was update at some point, I have no clue when, but new accounts no longer can add friends, send messages and vote on greenlight before buying something on steam store! Before it was necessary only for using a market if I'm not mistaken.
I'm no 100% positive about all of it, but that seems to be the case, stumbled on it accidentally when someone new to steam couldn't add me to fl or any other people.

edited: that made me think is it an end of new phishing accounts or they will go as far as buying something cheap and continue?

That kinda explains why my new burner account can't befriend myself. But I've already bought some stuff from it, just not activated anything on it...

Anyone got a spare copy of gun monkeys or something?

Chariot

Thanks for voting, my friends are surely appreciating it. If you want to see an older project of Lachsen, you can take a look at Velsarbor, a game he made with the rpgmaker 2000. It's only in german, but it was impressive and quite fun for an rm2k game.

Is that a SphereGrid™ system?
I don't know what you exactly mean, but you run around and hit people and objects with your balls.

Deques

I don't know what you exactly mean, but you run around and hit people and objects with your balls.

Sphere Grid
spheregrid.gif

Dying Light is really great, I like the parkour the most, it's really just feels right. The combat, I'm still getting used to, the skills I'm getting now are making it more interesting. It's also has probably the most effective night gameplay I've ever played, the tension is insane and it really is dark and scary like it should be in a zombie apocalypse.

Need to take a break on it though and finally play the first episode of Life is Strange, it's nice having too many games to play.

Arthea

I bought no game for at least two weeks. I also bought only one bundle this week, that kinda spoils all "no games for two weeks" thingie, but I'm trying, I skipped quite a few bundles even! Now I just have to not let me slip back in my ways for couple more months. Then it will be easier, right?
Funny part I hate shopping of all kinds, but I can't stop buying games, I blame Jasec, as usual (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
if you want we can make it a rule that you have to ask my permission to buy something and i'll allow it only if i see it fit by my own undisclosed reasoning

Lain

Just so you guys know, in case you didn't, the HuniePop OST comes as both MP3 V0 and WAV, along a cover art and a txt with the tracklist info.
I'll add Ryan Koons to the cool dudes list.

Arthea

if you want we can make it a rule that you have to ask my permission to buy something and i'll allow it only if i see it fit by my own undisclosed reasoning
I've seen how you didn't buy that Life is Strange yourself, so no, I gotta pass, but thanks for the offer (¬&#8255;¬)

Umh, he bought it (I think, dunno if he received that as a gift). :D

you should switch on your sarcasmometer and keep it in that position (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone that's played payday 2 recently has like a really short up to speed writeup to do for someone that hasn't played it in a while?

like good skill point allocation and fun maps or whatever?

i plan on playing it mostly casually on normal difficulty and just have fun shooting cops

Why your permission between the whole GAF? I'm curious. :D
cos my permission is all you need

I've seen how you didn't buy that Life is Strange yourself, so no, I gotta pass, but thanks for the offer (¬&#8255;¬)
well cheese beat me to the punch and i still haven't gotten my money (hopefully on thursday), but i was planning on buying it as soon as i could afford it

but for now, i'm skinny, i gotta buy food before i can buy games

Arthea

cos my permission is all you need

well cheese beat me to the punch and i still haven't gotten my money (hopefully on thursday), but i was planning on buying it as soon as i could afford it

but for now, i'm skinny, i gotta buy food before i can buy games
wait, you really got it as a gift?
bummer
still, you aren't trustworthy enough, you kinda bought that gift with your moaning and posting how you can't resist, meaning you worked for it!
don't get all angry on me, I'm just kidding

Thanks for voting, my friends are surely appreciating it. If you want to see an older project of Lachsen, you can take a look at Velsarbor, a game he made with the rpgmaker 2000. It's only in german, but it was impressive and quite fun for an rm2k game.

Sold.

zkylon

zkylewd
wait, you really got it as a gift?
bummer
still, you aren't trustworthy enough, you kinda bought that gift with your moaning and posting how you can't resist, meaning you worked for it!
don't get all angry on me, I'm just kidding

hey now, i wasn't whining about not having it, i was just desperately asking for ppl to stop rubbing it on my face that i couldn't buy it for a few more weeks :p

and it was all for naught, as i don't think the game was all that great (tho it has potential)

Welp, I dropped one of my RAM sticks on the floor and although it shows no physical damage it's dead. PC won't boot with it installed.

It's only a 2GB stick so I went from 12GB down to 10GB, but I feel OCD about it now...

Messiah

I guess indies are allowable. I'll allow it.

*present's ring to be kissed*

If this wasn't a Milamber post I wouldn't even question what kind of ring is presented.

( &#865;~ &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Just one more day and I can finally go back to Neptunia.

zkylon

zkylewd
If this wasn't a Milamber post I wouldn't even question what kind of ring is presented.

( &#865;~ &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Just one more day and I can finally go back to Neptunia.

gross

I know that he owns it, that's what my post was about actually, why he isn't trustworthy...
why I explain it again? (><)

sounds to me like you're only looking for excuses to indulge in your filthy self destructive habits

i'm extending a helping hand but i can't help you if all you have to reply with are hurtful words

Knurek

I bought no game for at least two weeks. I also bought only one bundle this week, that kinda spoils all "no games for two weeks" thingie, but I'm trying, I skipped quite a few bundles even! Now I just have to not let me slip back in my ways for couple more months. Then it will be easier, right?

Even worse, I haven't finished a game in a week!
And unless you count The Old Tree (15 minutes long to finish), last Steam game I played was Cognition, almost a month ago...
Should finish Umineko #7 later today though, was going to do it yesterday, but literally fell asleep at the keyboard at around 1:30 am

PARANO1A

Trying Modbot to give away some keys. I'm sure I'll manage to stuff this up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Retro/Grade -- MB-4DAE4AC915515326 - Taken by Naked Snake

Arthea

sounds to me like you're only looking for excuses to indulge in your filthy self destructive habits

i'm extending a helping hand but i can't help you if all you have to reply with are hurtful words

filthy? why? how? games are not filth, they are they are they are... sugar of life!
wait I don't like sugar, well, cherries of life then

What if FFXIII-3 will come out on Friday? :D

it's on my list of exceptions, I'm buying it of course, unless I'm unhappy with a price, like everybody else,
in hopes that SE will give us FF5, 6, FFT, FF15, FF0 and so on (><)

You don't want FF9?

FF9
not gonna happen, I know that much.

PARANO1A

And another. I adored this game on PSN. When I installed a copy on Steam I messed up the controls and can't figure out how to re-bind them :~(

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-B14155069EF47900 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.

t1423666291z1.png

Arthea

Even worse, I haven't finished a game in a week!
And unless you count The Old Tree (15 minutes long to finish), last Steam game I played was Cognition, almost a month ago...
Should finish Umineko #7 later today though, was going to do it yesterday, but literally fell asleep at the keyboard at around 1:30 am

I spent 16 hours playing Crystal Story 2, which isn't even a week old longass game, instead of finishing any of games I planned to finish. Anything gaming related ever goes according to the plan? I think not (><)

first step is admitting you have a problem

oh, I admit I have a problem, I just plan to deal with it myself, with a little help of you guys, you should encourage me not to buy games and tell me how you are proud of me that I'm not buying them and little things like that.
OK, that went long enough, I'll stop here (><)

Arthea

fuck that pastoral ski resort shit

i want to plow city streets and work my way up from mr. plow to plow king

Are you kidding? just checking, you never know

Also there is no idea you can come up with that haven't been made into the game yet
by Germans

PARANO1A

And another.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-798D1A7AF27A6790 - Taken by xezuru. 3 entrants total.

t1423666891z1.png

Ozium

I also don't think there are any skiing games on steam, but there are 3 ski resort simulators... PC GAMING

there's this game called Snow that looks cool but I think that's just snowboarding?

Arthea

I also don't think there are any skiing games on steam, but there are 3 ski resort simulators... PC GAMING

there's this game called Snow that looks cool but I think that's just snowboarding?

wait... let me get it straight, we have no Tetris on steam, yet you are upset about skiing games when there is Snow and it has skiing in it?

edited: PalmDesert profile gets posted with such regularity that I even remember a name already (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom