• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Aviary Attorney looks redonkuliously good.

tumblr_inline_nbfwb6LbKt1sz4acd.gif

tumblr_inline_ndcnkbHsIM1sz4acd.gif

tumblr_inline_nbfwztVlN01sz4acd.gif

Dr Dogg

Best part is that it has a summer release date. Well, a hopeful summer release date.

Weeeellll on one hand that works out peachy for me with next to no games I'm interested in out around then. Though on the other I've got a shit load of birthdays in and around June and July, including mine so I'm either going to be skint or not about much.

Dr Dogg

So while on the topic of investigative VN's asides from Puzzle Agent 1&2 (well sort of visual novely) there any others on Steam worth looking out for. Like something in the vain of a Layton or Ace Attorney?

Turfster

GMG has Pixel Party deals of the day
  • Dungeon of the Endless 33% off
  • Finding Teddy 75% off
  • SPAZ 75% off
  • DLC Quest 75% off

Some Bundlestars deals
  • STYX 50% off
  • Of Orcs and Men 80% off
  • Divinity II 80% off
  • Bound by Flame 75% off
  • Quest for Infamy 75% off
  • Face noir 80% off

derExperte

Indiegala "Times Of War Bundle"

https://www.indiegala.com/special

Pay $3.89 - first 24h only - and get:

- Men of War: Assault Squad
- Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Alpha
- Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Bravo
- Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Charlie
- Men of War: Assault Squad - Skirmish Pack
- Men of War: Assault Squad - Skirmish Pack 2
- Theatre of War
- Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
- Theatre of War 2: Centauro DLC
- Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
- Theatre of War 2 - Battle for Caen DLC
- Theatre of War 3: Korea

chronomac

Decided to stick with the $1 tier, so here's an extra.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-871ADDC3CFD415A0 - Taken by TheLight. 4 entrants total.

t1423677332z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Few -- MB-5260BE29F129E1FD - Taken by chronomac
Astro Emporia -- MB-514FA9706A73519C - Taken by Kurt Russell
AIM 2: Clan Wars -- MB-492162B2DFA1C357 - Taken by lindarasta
Terra Incognita: The Descendant -- MB-517F15DD2FD10E33 - Taken by redlacs
Banzai Pecan: Last Hope for the Young Century -- MB-522D4E34BD4B98A1 - Taken by agniswarm
Smooth Operators: Call Centre Chaos -- MB-8B4C005EA3E7219C - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Plazma Being -- MB-3349C7F723BA3F7B - Taken by Kifimbo
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive -- MB-CDAF278D33B5738D - Taken by Saty
Skyborn -- MB-A6CAD7CDB72715DB - Taken by Loptous
Epigenesis -- MB-953FC6092D7D9EAD - Taken by TheMadMan007
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-B9A9403AF393E8A9 - Taken by Natty1
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6E6A4E9BF3FA681C - Taken by Chreznor
Seven Kingdoms 2 HD -- MB-5A09CCCBADAA691A - Taken by Darth Kupi
SickBrick -- MB-6C821F57FAF3BD4A - Taken by Lomax

chronomac

I also have these extras from the Humble Card Game Bundle. Keep in mind that these are not Steam keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BloodRealm: Battlegrounds Debut Champion "Lora" and 3 Elite Packs -- MB-6F489F0C79862691 - Taken by Eila
Star Realms -- MB-7C7C911CA1EEB36D - Taken by Belgarion

t1423677632z1.png

And here are redemption instructions for BloodRealm and for Star Realms, since these aren't Steam keys.

Thanks for seven kingdoms 2.

I have fond memories of the first one. It was an age of empires clone but I really dug it as a kid. Fiddling with the random map generator parameters to get ludicrous resources. Cool art. Recommended for AoE/90's RTS fans.

I did'nt even know it had a sequel. Guess its time to find out.

Spares. For some reason I didn't realize that I already had an Astro Emporia of my own.
Thanks Jase btw :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Super Lemonade Factory -- MB-4DBC4BE6C1E96120 - Taken by Speevy
Astro Emporia -- MB-905036D3DE4C6BAC - Taken by thereisnoif
DogFighter -- MB-6A8FF30A991239E1 - Taken by BruteUA
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-2C951D1C054DE467 - Taken by Akuosa
Retro/Grade -- MB-AA96009F4DE6BA5C - Taken by sensoft04

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-F05D09FD0B6393BC - Taken by Henry Swanson
Skyborn -- MB-D494303E900C29AC - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-226B1853C696175F - Taken by Dusk Golem

dex3108

Damn SteamGAF i want to wait until at least 3rd episode of Life is Strange is out before i start to play it but it is hard to resist XD

I need a timeframe for the end of KRZ before i jump in. I have a terrible memory, i can't play an episode a year and have anything stick from one episode to the next.

Benedict

How do I change the resolution in Killer is Dead?
I try to change it to 1920 x 1080 but it still stays at 720p
And V-sync never activates either...

Ventara

Does anyone want to convince me to buy the Star Wars bundle? Preferably gifs and links to videos of awesome gameplay. Except for playing Unleashed on the PSP, I have no idea what these games are, and $12 is above the impluse buy. But I keep reading this is a really good deal.

Dr Dogg

How do I change the resolution in Killer is Dead?
I try to change it to 1920 x 1080 but it still stays at 720p
And V-sync never activates either...

You'll need to edit the config files but it will accept any 19:9 resolution you're system uses (I think GeDoSaTo works fine with it now too). Though I get the feeling this was a pretty quick job as it's got a bazillion variants in the game directory and about 2 in the Users directory. Give us a sec I'll fine out the best one to amend.

Edit: Right best place is in the games root directory under KillerIsDead\KidGame\Config\KidEngine.ini open this up with a text editor and search for "Resx=" for your vertical resoltuion and "Resy=" for your horizontal resolution (without the speak marks obviously). That's also the same file if you want to remove the framelimit (either change bSmoothFrameRate to False under Engine.Engine or change MaxSmoothedFrameRate=31 to a value that works well for you, mine was 62) but you will need to adjust another file to change the recovery QTE speed and it's still a little wonkey in places like the 3 Gigolo Mission and a later boss fight. Details are in the OP of he PC OT.

JaseC

They kept last-minute delaying the release too, to add "community-requested features." Makes me wonder how the game was supposed to release.

I don't think I'll ever buy anything Topware Interactive publishes.

Knights & Merchants is great... but it isn't really a TopWare game.

Tizoc

Are the puzzles "hard"?
I really liked Teslagrad, but I was a bit disappointed when I discovered it had puzzles too.
It's a great game, but it seems those days developers can't release pure platformer, they NEED to insert puzzles.
Last one I played is Rayman Legends, and it was simply great.

I don't recall the puzzles being hard outside of using the color switching ability to bypass certain areas.

JaseC

I don't own the game, but Videos-part0.pak and Videos-part1.pak seem like the obvious candidates.

The two files you mention are together almost 4GB. ;)

Edit: And the two Kykla recommends renaming are roughly 2GB all up. I strongly doubt they contain just the intro videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom