• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

You'll need to edit the config files but it will accept any 19:9 resolution you're system uses (I think GeDoSaTo works fine with it now too). Though I get the feeling this was a pretty quick job as it's got a bazillion variants in the game directory and about 2 in the Users directory. Give us a sec I'll fine out the best one to amend.

Edit: Right best place is in the games root directory under KillerIsDead\KidGame\Config\KidEngine.ini open this up with a text editor and search for "Resx=" for your vertical resoltuion and "Resy=" for your horizontal resolution (without the speak marks obviously). That's also the same file if you want to remove the framelimit (either change bSmoothFrameRate to False under Engine.Engine or change MaxSmoothedFrameRate=31 to a value that works well for you, mine was 62) but you will need to adjust another file to change the recovery QTE speed and it's still a little wonkey in places like the 3 Gigolo Mission and a later boss fight. Details are in the OP of he PC OT.

Thanks!
I'll try it.

L.O.R.D

holy shit
i forgot my birthday is today , and it almost over

well..

592012214149iwsmt.jpeg

louiedog

I just got to the end of The Talos Principle and it was 12 hours well spent. I was initially pretty scared of the 20+ hour figures floating around, but that definitely seems like it's including all of the optional puzzles, which I only did some of. 10 or less while ignoring the gold stars seems pretty reasonable.

The game was great. I haven't had that much fun with a puzzle game since Portal. It kind of sucks that people can't seem to talk about that game without bringing up Portal, but it contains a lot of similarities to invite comparisons.

The difficulty through the main puzzles felt just right. I was challenged, but never stuck for too long or had to look at a walkthrough. The presentation is well done. I very much recommend it.

Phinor

I just got to the end of The Talos Principle and it was 12 hours well spent. I was initially pretty scared of the 20+ hour figures floating around, but that definitely seems like it's including all of the optional puzzles, which I only did some of. 10 or less while ignoring the gold stars seems pretty reasonable.

The game was great. I haven't had that much fun with a puzzle game since Portal. It kind of sucks that people can't seem to talk about that game without bringing up Portal, but it contains a lot of similarities to invite comparisons.

The difficulty through the main puzzles felt just right. I was challenged, but never stuck for too long or had to look at a walkthrough. The presentation is well done. I very much recommend it.

I.. I don't enjoy The Talos Principle. Portal was one of the all time greats, Portal 2 was the best game of 2011. Antichamber is excellent. And I get nothing out of The Talos Principle. I put 3 hours into it and have no plans to return to it, although I probably will eventually because just about everyone thinks it's a great game.

Just goes to show how hard it really is to recommend games and actually succeed at it. Almost every The Talos Principle review/opinion mentions that if you enjoy Portal type games, this one is a winner.

Parsnip

The two files you mention are together almost 4GB. ;)

Edit: And the two Kykla recommends renaming are roughly 2GB all up. I strongly doubt they contain just the intro videos.

What other videos does Evolve have?
And I guess more importantly are the videos important in the type of game that it is.

louiedog

I.. I don't enjoy The Talos Principle. Portal was one of the all time greats, Portal 2 was the best game of 2011. Antichamber is excellent. And I get nothing out of The Talos Principle. I put 3 hours into it and have no plans to return to it, although I probably will eventually because just about everyone thinks it's a great game.

Just goes to show how hard it really is to recommend games and actually succeed at it. Almost every The Talos Principle review/opinion mentions that if you enjoy Portal type games, this one is a winner.

With 98% positive reviews on Steam I imagine it's actually pretty easy to successfully recommend that game and get it right, just not every single time.

4K resolution and lossless compression, it's the future.

I guess tutorials are probably useful.

To be honest, I hate that they can't be skipped and for some reason they will play again if you played solo the first time.

Forcing people to watch a video, even if it's a tutorial, is a really bad practice that should have stopped eons ago.

Crystal Cave makes Blighttown look like a damn walk in the park. At least with the platforming in Blighttown, you can see the fucking ground to stand on.

Crystal Cave makes Blighttown look like a damn walk in the park. At least with the platforming in Blighttown, you can see the fucking ground to stand on.
Damn. How fast are you? o_O
You started way later than me and already at the same spot as me!

Just a tip so that you don't miss the only chance at getting the moonlightsword. You need to cut Seath's middle tail. The others won't give you anything :(

Don't be scared! It's actually really easy if you just watch for the falling crystal flakes from the ceiling. They'll land right on the platforms, making it easy to tell where to go. they also make the invisible paths realllllllll wide so you don't have to be really concerned about falling off the sides too much so long as you go up the middle.

MUnited83

For you.
Just look at the ice/crystals falling on the path. Crystal Caves is pretty easy, the only challenging part is to get to the loot/corpse on the back part of the cave.

Damn. How fast are you? o_O
You started way later than me and already at the same spot as me!

Just a tip so that you don't miss the only chance at getting the moonlightsword. You need to cut Seath's middle tail. The others won't give you anything :(

In my defense, my first run took me 25 hours to get to Anor Londo before I dropped the game for a while. Took me 18 to get through Duke's Archieves this time around.

I'm sure the rest will go pretty slow now

So after I beat The Witcher 2 (which was awesome but I dont need to wax poetic about that), I decided to replay Deus Ex Invisible War and I just got to Germany. This isnt my first play through, I played it originally on the xbox when I was 11 but never got around to finishing it. Im pretty sure I dropped it right around when I got to
JC in Anartica

That game gets a lot of flak but it's actually pretty good. Is it as good as the original? Hell no but not much is. It still is open-ended level wise to an extent. The weird neo-political plot is still there and is still interesting. It also looks pretty okay for coming out in 2003. I'm kinda thinking on doing a LTTP for it

After this, Im going to continue reliving 2003 by jumping into KOTOR which I also never beat.

Is there any deal going on with the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass @ GMG? I keep seeing it at the top of their charts constantly, but I haven't see anything about a deal anywhere...

DocSeuss

Hi, guys. Anything big happening to Steam I should know about? Been way too busy with life lately.

Also: I do NOT like Doom as it is packaged on Steam. I do like it as it comes with Doom 3 BFG--the mouse support's way better and it looks cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom