• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just did it. Ran out of stones half way through and just waited going from snow flake to snow flake.

Then homeward boned the fuck out of there. One more achievement down.

bUuDrzX.gif

What's the cheapest place to get Attlia, is it going to be locked on Nuuvem? Sucks we're going to have to wait months before the gore dlc comes out. Adds a lot to the impact of the combat in Rome and Shogun as there are tons of new animations as well.

Edit: Ersb please

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the cheapest place to get Attlia, is it going to be locked on Nuuvem? Sucks we're going to have to wait months before the gore dlc comes out. Adds a lot to the impact of the combat in Rome and Shogun as there are tons of new animations as well.

Edit: Ersb please

There doesn't seem to be any retail-specific pre-order subs aside from one for South Korea so the key should be region-free, but even if it isn't it'll only be an activation lock as per the post-release sub for South America.

Tenrius

If anyone's interested in The Old City: Leviathan, I sincerely don't recommend it. The game looks really beautiful, but the environments are a bit repetitive and the writing (which is supposed to be the primary reason for a game like this to exist at all) is a massive disaster. A whole bunch of nothing with PAGES of pretentious text (especially true for the collectible diaries) with a whole lot of shallow Biblical references thrown in for good measure,

And hi, I haven't been actively posting for two months or more. Haven't been gaming much either — social life, work and studying (in that order) have finally overtaken my life. I'd like to (re)play Grim Fandango soon and a new KR0 session is long overdue, but something always gets in the way or has more priority. Also super excited to replay Homeworld, my favorite game ever, in two weeks. As for this thread — did I miss any juicy community drama or the like?

wait, PCgamingwiki says that NOLF DOES have controller support, albeit whatever controller support for a FPS meant during those dark ages of PC gaming. huh.

JaseC

The DLC block still needs some work.(like having a quick option to check/uncheck the dlcs you want to start with)

It's bizarre how the info tabs aren't expanded in cases where the client window size sees the DLC header image removed. As it stands half of the box is just empty space:

clientdlcbkuaz.jpg

Phinor

Man i want Mafia 3 soooo bad :( Anyone else feels same way SteamGAF?

Both Mafia games are among my all time favourites. I've no idea why Mafia 2 wasn't received well at all, it was almost exactly what I hoped it would be.

There's been rumours about Mafia 3 for few years now so we can always hope. Hope both that it is eventually released, and that it doesn't stray too far away from the previous games.

DocSeuss

Why would you want to trust me in the first place?

That sounds badass.

Also you have to play whack-a-mole with the midget mime king in a base you infiltrated with a robotic shark.

Later on a super soldier who thinks he's in love with you wrecks some stuff with his laser vision, but it's cool, you can kill him.

Also, please use bananas on your enemies.

If anyone's interested in The Old City: Leviathan, I sincerely don't recommend it. The game looks really beautiful, but the environments are a bit repetitive and the writing (which is supposed to be the primary reason for a game like this to exist at all) is a massive disaster. A whole bunch of nothing with PAGES of pretentious text (especially true for the collectible diaries) with a whole lot of shallow Biblical references thrown in for good measure,

And hi, I haven't been actively posting for two months or more. Haven't been gaming much either — social life, work and studying (in that order) have finally overtaken my life. I'd like to (re)play Grim Fandango soon and a new KR0 session is long overdue, but something always gets in the way or has more priority. Also super excited to replay Homeworld, my favorite game ever, in two weeks. As for this thread — did I miss any juicy community drama or the like?

I don't understand walking sims. I really don't. Why do they always seem to have such bad writing? :|

An old FPS that you can readily buy a copy of for $10-15 dollars, but posters act like the game is impossible to obtain.

Considering most of us want a rerelease that definitely works in widescreen and stuff but is also on Steam, I think you're exaggerating a bit. Yeah, I got the first one for like $3 at the VA as a somewhat scratched disk and stuff, but I mean... 90% of my gaming is on Steam. I want it there.

JaseC

The neat thing about Night Dive owning NOLF is that it will open the door for a third game. Flying Wild Hog's Shadow Warrior remake was well-received so I say partner up with Devolver and give the project to those fellas.

DocSeuss

The neat thing about Night Dive owning NOLF is that it will open the door for a third game. Flying Wild Hog's Shadow Warrior remake was well-received so I say partner up with Devolver and give the project to those fellas.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

But seriously, I'd rather see it go to Blackpowder.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish i was the type of person that can play timewasty games

maybe i haven't found the right fps

maybe i should download blacklight again

hmmmm

i dunno if another nolf is manageable with a low budget tho

isn't it played like deus ex or something

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I keep forgetting to remove Kentucky Route Zero from my wish list. Game looks great, though.

Based on what FWH have made so far, they couldn't be more incompatible. NOLF isn't a killroom shooter.

Turfster

Yeah, I really wouldn't give them NOLF.
(I abhorred Hard Reset, and wasn't a big fan of Shadow Warrior =p)

Momentary

Banned
Whoa! What happened to the speed of the Steam Client? It's snappy as hell now. It's usually slow and freaking clunky at loading up menus even though I d/l games at 8mb/s. This is awesome man.

gabbo

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

But seriously, I'd rather see it go to Blackpowder.

Same. Blackpowder could probably do it justice.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
wait, PCgamingwiki says that NOLF DOES have controller support, albeit whatever controller support for a FPS meant during those dark ages of PC gaming. huh.
Yeah 2002 is really the dark ages of PC gaming....

Tenrius

I don't understand walking sims. I really don't. Why do they always seem to have such bad writing? :|

Not all of them. I thought The Stanley Parable was pretty much excellent, for example. Then there is Gone Home, which wasn't that bad either (although I felt the characters weren't as fleshed out as everyone said they were and more could have been done with story), and Dear Esther, which is more of an acquired taste than anything but works rather nicely both as a 40 minute long experience and a literary puzzle of sorts. The Old City: Leviathan, on the other hand, I didn't feel at all

Oh, and I think Kentucky Route Zero vaguely fits here. It's still the king of kings, of course.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean depends on what you mean by timewaster

for me a timewaster is something you (mostly) mindlessly play in order to pass time and just get mildly entertained. something i can play for a little while and just quit midway thru with no care if i really win or lose. basically a shooter. i just get in, point and click and some stuff, i unlock new shit and forget about it

by comparison league is a pretty challenging game that demands 40~ minutes of my time, have to set up raidcall (or skype now since my mic broke and i have to use my cellphone) and in which i learn something new every day

i may play league a lot but it's for a very different reason that i would play call of duty

but generally i get fed with call of duty-like games pretty quick, which is why i wouldn't say i'm the type of person that can easily turn off their (not entirely functional) brain and blast around for a few hours as something that i can do more than i dunno 5 times before thinking about uninstalling

derExperte

Evolve got cards btw. And will most likely be in my top 10 of the year, very awesome and I haven't even touched some classes or played much as the (first) monster. Good to see that more and more people are getting over the 'fuck DLC' bump and actually learning->enjoying the game.

Deitus

i mean depends on what you mean by timewaster

for me a timewaster is something you (mostly) mindlessly play in order to pass time and just get mildly entertained. something i can play for a little while and just quit midway thru with no care if i really win or lose. basically a shooter. i just get in, point and click and some stuff, i unlock new shit and forget about it

by comparison league is a pretty challenging game that demands 40~ minutes of my time, have to set up raidcall (or skype now since my mic broke and i have to use my cellphone) and in which i learn something new every day

i may play league a lot but it's for a very different reason that i would play call of duty

but generally i get fed with call of duty-like games pretty quick, which is why i wouldn't say i'm the type of person that can easily turn off their (not entirely functional) brain and blast around for a few hours as something that i can do more than i dunno 5 times before thinking about uninstalling

That's fair. I was thinking purely in terms of number of hours. Because I "wasted" a lot of hours playing League. Whether they were actually a waste is a matter of perspective I suppose.

But yeah, if you're talking about pick up and play, minimal investment, turn off your brain, time wasters, League is not that. If you want to play it, you pretty much have to commit to it.

I've found open world games are good for when I need something to play with minimal investment, because its usually easy to just do a bunch of side missions or roam around collecting junk when I don't have a lot of time or desire to really get into something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom