• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It amazes me the amount of people who go through the activity feed. I'd figure most people wouldn't give a shit.

well it's like facebook except without all those people i don't like

at least here if i don't like someone the worst they can do is post pretty pictures of videogames

i ran into what i assume is a glitch in knights of the old republic, right in the tutorial during like the second encounter with enemies i was unable to move my character, so i just stopped playing it right there. itwasn't too interesting anyway tho, YOU'RE IMPORTANT CAUSE OF REASONSSSS!! idk i guess its cause i just finished 2 other bioware games that do the same shit not too long ago(Dragon age 1 and 2).

It amazes me the amount of people who go through the activity feed. I'd figure most people wouldn't give a shit.

right!? sometimes i stop by there and I'm surprised how social it is.

iosefe

i ran into what i assume is a glitch in knights of the old republic, right in the tutorial during like the second encounter with enemies i was unable to move my character, so i just stopped playing it right there. itwasn't too interesting anyway tho, YOU'RE IMPORTANT CAUSE OF REASONSSSS!! idk i guess its cause i just finished 2 other bioware games that do the same shit not too long ago(Dragon age 1 and 2).

D:

please finish it!

Grief.exe

http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/2015-02-12_02-31-13.webm

something tells me this game is going to be really dead real soon .... and this is the "most helpful" tab too!! ;)

That's crazy.

The issues with the DLC lineup seems ironic to me. I'm surprised people are using Evolve as their punching bag when they have been spoon fed these policies for years.

The pricing may be expensive, but the practices have been standard for many AAA games.

Miguel81

i would appreciate being able to replace them with zombies that move like zombies and act like zombies and sound like zombies.

seeing the spiderweb filled rooms in parsnip's screenies i think not even a mod will get me through it

pity

Yep, there's no way to avoid the Big Mama room. The Invisible mode only helps in a few other shots where you no longer have to see them.

Nabs

Shoutouts to my AudioSurf family (Feb. 11, 2008). First game on my Steam account, and the first game I preloaded.

i4mdF6UgbO00s.png

D:

please finish it!

i will but its in the back burner atm. I've played quite a lot of RPGs in the last 2 months(i beat like 4-5 and you know how long rpgs are) i, maybe im just a little too burned out on em and need something different so I'll be playing evolve, Bioshock 2, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta.... Also DBZ if i actually do end up pre ordering it.

Lomax

http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/2015-02-12_02-31-13.webm

something tells me this game is going to be really dead real soon .... and this is the "most helpful" tab too!! ;)

Eh, its success will depend on how well it plays and if it can capture a lot of the Left 4 Dead audience. People may not like the sales techniques, but they rarely have a real impact on longevity, and quite frankly, most of those marketing people know a lot more about what people actually like and buy than the vocal few on the internet do. From what few people on this thread have posted about actually playing it, the gameplay seems to be pretty popular.

iosefe

i will but its in the back burner atm. I've played quite a lot of RPGs in the last 2 months(i beat like 4-5 and you know how long rpgs are) i, maybe im just a little too burned out on em and need something different so I'll be playing evolve, Bioshock 2, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta.... Also DBZ if i actually do end up pre ordering it.

i guess i can understand the burnout.

when you do get to it, don't do em back to back

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Eh, its success will depend on how well it plays and if it can capture a lot of the Left 4 Dead audience. People may not like the sales techniques, but they rarely have a real impact on longevity, and quite frankly, most of those marketing people know a lot more about what people actually like and buy than the vocal few on the internet do. From what few people on this thread have posted about actually playing it, the gameplay seems to be pretty popular.

... so was Titanfall when it came out (and in beta)

yuraya

I think Evolve had steam reviews before it ever came out. Probably a beta glitch or wtvr. But some of the reviews can be from people who don't even own it. But participated in the free alpha/beta months ago.

I may be wrong tho. I remember reading something about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep, there's no way to avoid the Big Mama room. The Invisible mode only helps in a few other shots where you no longer have to see them.
yeah, it's disappointing, but that's what i gotta live with

it's depressing cos i actually used to love the resident evil games and had no problems with them like 10 years ago, which means i've gotten worse with time

Evolvo, of course
are the bad reviews justified, tho, or is it just bad pr?

cos i think it sold fairly well and is considered a fiarly good game?

man i'm so sad titanfall never took off

that game was so much fun during beta

Lomax

If anything, that proves the point that the DLC system isn't going to be what makes or breaks the game. I'm not saying the game will be a hit or not, I don't have the slightest idea. It's multiplayer only so I'm barely even paying attention to it. But wailing internet protest over DLC is never a good barometer of long term success.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kagemusha, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Get Through -- MB-00DE0F48467DD9DE - Taken by Purkake4. 18 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SOMETIMES (Desura) -- MB-6691F9E6A87D4DFD - Taken by Jason Frost
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-D63DB8ADAB4718C3 - Taken by xGreg
UFO AFTERMATH -- MB-2AA1A4BF1EE085D0 - Taken by nja. 3 entrants total.
SOULBRINGER (ShinyLoot) -- MB-FEE7EAD6DB1C72CE - Taken by Mikurden - Taken by PunishedSnake
BlackSoul -- MB-96355F4EBF92DA2B - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-881F9BF23B80A4BD - Taken by FauX. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% ORANGE JUICE (Desura) -- MB-5830485D6816AB04 - Taken by Uraizen. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-5DEC783832FDF54B - Taken by daydream. 5 entrants total.
MEGABYTE PUNCH -- MB-47E49F8241167A1F - Taken by 73V3N. 7 entrants total.
Vector -- MB-4C8FC903E62501D4 - Taken by Natty1. 11 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SQUARE HEROES (Desura) -- MB-0CA276E25102E4BE - Taken by Jason Frost
Rush For Glory -- MB-AA26A2DACFCF603F - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-8965DCD1A403BD68 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Pahelika (may not work) -- MB-A2FB2D5EABE3145B - Taken by JustLynx
Retro/Grade -- MB-29701F68089029ED - Taken by Sarcasm. 11 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-E15B6882E3F5B0A6 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-A2BB98EED9BC1C2C - Taken by Conrad Link

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Just Get Through was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SOMETIMES (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for UFO AFTERMATH was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SOULBRINGER (ShinyLoot) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackSoul was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for PixelJunk Eden was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 100% ORANGE JUICE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Broken Sword 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for MEGABYTE PUNCH was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Vector was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SQUARE HEROES (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Rush For Glory was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Effect was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pahelika (may not work) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for THE WITCHER 2 (Gog) failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Retro/Grade was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Epigenesis was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Into the Dark (used?) failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1423710914z1.png

Parsnip

I just unlocked the Invisible Enemy mode, I'm curious, do they still make sound?

What's with Steam scheduling updates for later rather than just downloading them now?
AFAIK it's always been that way, they just didn't surface that info before.

derExperte

Nvidia released a hotfix for the crashing Geforce Experience: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-347-52-whql-driver-released#comment-1847345316

Hi everyone, the GeForce Experience issue has been resolved; no action is required on your part, it should be fixed automagically :) Apologies once again for the inconvenience, we're taking steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Was the Hitman trailer posted in here for the new movie?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HELfuiarPpo

Heads up it doesn't follow the games. It's absolution on easy action mode
i still wanna see it

Very confusing. Like, why is Zachary Quinto in this? Or why are there so many blue cars? Why even name it Hitman? And how little do you have to care to put that 'You're locked in with me' line not only in your 2015 movie but even in the trailer?

Good thing Kentucky Zero still got some time on the clock, I'm in between flights, but steam won't let me use steam wallet even though store shows item in USD.

Khronico

Was the Hitman trailer posted in here for the new movie?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HELfuiarPpo

Heads up it doesn't follow the games. It's absolution on easy action mode
i still wanna see it

That whole interrogation scene that finishes with him
walking out in the guards uniform
was awesome, but then it just turned into an action movie. Hopefully it has way more disguise->infiltration->assassination stuff than shooty stuff.

Who am I kidding, it'll just be another dumb action movie -_-
I'll probably watch it.

Miguel81

I just unlocked the Invisible Enemy mode, I'm curious, do they still make sound?

AFAIK it's always been that way, they just didn't surface that info before.

Yeah, all enemies are still audible. Especially helpful on that walkway above the dining room because the resident zombie there gets around.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well bought the season pass from the little bit of Life is Strange I played today! The one thing I thing it's missing is a punch option for 90% of the characters you interact with.

Wark

@Steam_Support said:
Certain email providers are currently blocking mail sent from Steam. We have reached out to rectify the situation.
Guess we know why Steam Support is so slow

Oh, that explains why I haven't been receiving my Steam Guard e-mail for the last two or three days. For a while, I was afraid my account was breached or something, but then I noticed other people were having the same problem as me. Well, that's a huge sigh of relief. Phew!

Tizoc

That's crazy.

The issues with the DLC lineup seems ironic to me. I'm surprised people are using Evolve as their punching bag when they have been spoon fed these policies for years.

The pricing may be expensive, but the practices have been standard for many AAA games.

It'll only end when we stop supporting such tactics. I won't deny I bought some DLC that just felt needlessly overpriced (GGXrd's Wolfang was the last one I bought in recent memory), if anything, moderation in what cut and locked out content/DLC is the best way to go, depending on the game.
Doesn't change the fact though that with certain games, stuff is just locked out to make a bigger buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom