• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manhunt 2 was so damn visceral, I couldn't even finish it. Those executions are too over the top and usually I dont care about vidya violence

I was talking about Nuuvem.
Somehow misread your comment as saying the South Korea sub was region free. Night shifts tsk tsk tsk.

Manhunt 2 has the best headshots in a game
iDATDNk1TAXyt.gif

So Jasec, you are double sure it'll be possible to activate the Attlia key with a vpn? Just want to make sure given the nuuvem page says it's locked.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Jasec, you are double sure it'll be possible to activate the Attlia key with a vpn? Just want to make sure given the nuuvem page says it's locked.

Super-duper sure. Sega hasn't made an runtime-locked South American sub since the retail release of 40k Complete.

Maniac

Banned
After, what, almost a year? support finally got me my GMG credit synced from Playfire this week and I immediately bought that.

After reading this, I went to check my Playfire...

PvssPWy.png

Holy. Fuckamoley.

After a 3rd Steam-sync with it and a dozen complaints to their support, Playfire is... Tracking stuff!?

HEYLL YEAH FREE MOOOONEY

Sigh. I've been waiting for this. I'd have had a dozen pounds if it'd been working since I first got it ,_,

---
Life is Strange's cheapest price is on Nuuvem, right?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
After reading this, I went to check my Playfire...

PvssPWy.png

Holy. Fuckamoley.

After a 3rd Steam-sync with it and a dozen complaints to their support, Playfire is... Tracking stuff!?

HEYLL YEAH FREE MOOOONEY

Sigh. I've been waiting for this. I'd have had a dozen pounds if it'd been working since I first got it ,_,

don't spend it all at once!!

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep. It's not fair. I could think up of a hundred AO games more preferable to that game.
as long as they're not rape/molestation oriented or any other not-cool stuff i'm fine with it

sex > violence always

I can guarantee if it wasnt all the backlash about muh first ammendment, it would not be there. Part of me wants to play through it just to see how fucking crazy it gets but there would be no turning back from there
??

it just has a lot of greenlight votes, which translates to $$$$ in the eyes of valve, and in the end that's what matters to them

i'd say it's fine if other ao games were allowed, but since they aren't, making an exception for a game like that doesn't seem specially nice

Maniac

Banned
Alien: Isolation only sold 1.7m? That's a fucking shame. Despite not having finished it yet, I hope for a sequel or a follow-up of some kind.

Although it's Sega's own fucking fault for tarnishing the brand with A:CM. If not for that clusterfuck, A:I surely would've sold a lot better (and possibly covered more of the budget spent on A:CM, but I don't actually recall the sales for A:CM, so I wouldn't know)

Fucking Sega though, they hate money as much as the rest of the Asian-American companies out there. Capcom, Scamco, Sega, Squeenix... Why yu all hate monies and no give us the things we'll pay you millions of dollares for?

Damn you.
Yeah, according to isthereanydeal it should be around 7 pounds.

Cheers.

... Well... Apparently I don't have 7 pounds. Bollocks.

It would seem I'm officially broke!
don't spend it all at once!!

I won't!

Also missed like two pounds worth of Shadow of Mordor rewards. Fucking Playfire.

Super-duper sure. Sega hasn't made an runtime-locked South American sub since the retail release of 40k Complete.
Great!

I just had my first ram crash while playing Evolve, imagine something was up as this was the first time in 10 hours of playing that it did but it's time to go for 16! Had such a great match as monster going too :/

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone knows where life is strange stores its saves

i think i'm gonna backup my old save and rush thru it tomorrow, try and get the playfire stuff

Tizoc

GTA V is $74.99 USD? Evolve for $79.99 USD?

This is why nobody buys digital in Australia, you plonkers.

Unless they're JaseC!

Cos most AAA games need 2-3m just to break even :(

That list likely doesn't take into account digital sales.
...but knowing SEGA Japan they prob. frown digital sales or something :V

Hey Sega, how the heck can you call a 1.7M selling game 'underperforming'?
capturexhucx.png

That looks more like it is based on retail sales...at least I hope so =X

zkylon

zkylewd
Its setting aside, I'm getting the feeling that this game will have mechanical issues. The shock value of the already released content will only last 1-2 levels at most.
from the screenshots it looks like it's well put together at least

i wonder who is this game for

i can't imagine it being any better than any actual twin stick shooter that was created for anything other than cashing in on controversy

_hekk05

Banned
Its setting aside, I'm getting the feeling that this game will have mechanical issues. The shock value of the already released content will only last 1-2 levels at most.

It does seem as if there's no difficulty ramping, at least according to the limited screenshots.

Maybe it'll pull a GTA and eventually send the army after you

milena87

anyone knows where life is strange stores its saves

i think i'm gonna backup my old save and rush thru it tomorrow, try and get the playfire stuff

You could also play the game in collectible mode and select the chapters where you're missing the photos, if you just wanna unlock the achievements quickly.

The new choices in this mode don't overwrite the original choices, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
You could also play the game in collectible mode and select the chapters where you're missing the photos, if you just wanna unlock the achievements quickly.

The new choices in this mode don't overwrite the original choices, though.
yeah i just found that out. it's really handy, it's a very nice idea, exactly what i needed. if anything i got to walk around the last part of the game and find out i had missed a shit ton of stuff for some reason

and well, turns out i only needed two photos

now to email playfire so they actually give me the moneys :>

It does seem as if there's no difficulty ramping, at least according to the limited screenshots.

i'm guessing that has to be it

it looks like a videogame that had actual work done to it, it's not like that awful beating anita sarkeesian game or whatever.

hatred looks like an actual videogame with a very unfortunate premise

dex3108

GTA V is still 78$ on GMG for me. I asked on their forums about that price and they didn't answered. I don't live in Australia and there is ROW after title.

milena87

Hmm... I should check my Playfire account as well.
I unlocked every achievement for Life is Strange on release day, but I should still get the rewards from Playfire, right?

I even bought the game from GMG, after all. Well, with the credit from other Playfire rewards, but still... :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm... I should check my Playfire account as well.
I unlocked every achievement for Life is Strange on release day, but I should still get the rewards from Playfire, right?

I even bought the game from GMG, after all. Well, with the credit from other Playfire rewards, but still... :p

rewards for life is strange end tomorrow so yeah, send a support ticket their way

Maniac

Banned
Just so Seuss might see it more in here Flying Wild Hog might be in the process of making a Fantasy FPS...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990584

'twas too easy.

That's hella sexy.

So um, could anyone help me get one of those Gauntlet DLC key thingies? The site is acting up for me. Invalid email form or something or another.
http://www.mmoreviews.com/gauntlet-juggernaut-hakura-free-steam-giveaway/

Plez. :p

And ffs, I really didn't realise just how broke I was... I don't even have one pound to my name. I've got about .60 cents in my bank account. õ_õ'

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
from the screenshots it looks like it's well put together at least

i wonder who is this game for

i can't imagine it being any better than any actual twin stick shooter that was created for anything other than cashing in on controversy

Graphically it looks competent, but as hekk mentioned, the PC seems to be overpowered. But of course this could just be a misconception due to the dearth of gameplay footage.

It seems to be extrapolating from the social alienation teenagers are prone to experience.

I would imagine players would also face SWAT teams early in the game.

GTA V is still 78$ on GMG for me. I asked on their forums about that price and they didn't answered. I don't live in Australia and there is ROW after title.

Just a warning, the license for GTAV being sold by GMG cannot be redeemed on Steam.

derExperte

Stolen from the Dying Light OT:

That's a good thing because a) the game become too easy towards the end and isn't really difficult to begin with and b) New Game+ doesn't increase the difficulty which makes it rather pointless right now.

Dr Dogg

That's hella sexy.

Heretic/Hexen reboot?
Alternative for old farts who are into obscure games: Witchaven reboot?

As I said in the thread there, if Flaming Wild Hog could combine the melee combat and enemy feedback as well as combo moves from Shadow Warrior with the crazy weaponry and mechanics from Hard Reset into a Fantasy setting it could be a joy to behold.

_hekk05

Banned
Stolen from the Dying Light OT:

That's a good thing because a) the game become too easy towards the end and isn't really difficult to begin with and b) New Game+ doesn't increase the difficulty which makes it rather pointless right now.

Are they ever going to fix the biters having the commando perk (blast from the past)?

Seriously they can lunge at you from a meter away and you literally stop in place, even from a full-on sprint, so they can put their slimy hands on you and slowly take a bite. you can't even respond until the prompt comes up.

Also wonky physics. I managed to get a bunch of volatiles stuck on some terrain. Tried to see if they died from UV exposure. No buzz

derExperte

Seriously they can lunge at you from a meter away and you literally stop in place, even from a full-on sprint, so they can put their slimy hands on you and slowly take a bite. you can't even respond until the prompt comes up.

You can if you have a certain perk. And another one will let you run over their heads. Or tackle them. Getting grabbed isn't really a thing anymore later on.

As I said in the thread there, if Flaming Wild Hog could combine the melee combat and enemy feedback as well as combo moves from Shadow Warrior with the crazy weaponry and mechanics from Hard Reset into a Fantasy setting it could be a joy to behold.

This description sounds perfect and would alleviate the common problem with FPS-style fantasy games: that the combat is usually the worst part.

Looking right at you, Elder Scrolls series. Sit down, Hexen... you're cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom