• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xezuru

Is Strike Vector any good?

Strike Vector is amazing, mechanics are responsive and smooth as fuck.
But. As much as I love this game, if you don't have people to play it with then the servers and such available don't give you much, community is pretty on the low.
Back when I was pushing Natural Selection 2, it was pretty hard to get people in it, but I think Strike Vector's community was hit way hard, unfortunate because the game is sweet.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is Strike Vector any good?

It's very fun, but has an unfortunate small online community. May rise with cheap prices, or you're good if you have friends to play with.

Basically imagine Star Fox, but with faster-paced gameplay and a bit more freedom of movement. That's basically what it is, I've had a lot of fun playing it with friends.

Tizoc

It's very fun, but has an unfortunate small online community. May rise with cheap prices, or you're good if you have friends to play with.

Basically imagine Star Fox, but with faster-paced gameplay and a bit more freedom of movement. That's basically what it is, I've had a lot of fun playing it with friends.

No SP mode? though for $3 the price is quite tempting.

Cth

Holy crap, I completely forgot about Darkest Dungeon.. Saw a preview for it a while back.. Why do I have to be broke until Friday?

XShagrath

Has anyone tried Mordheim yet? How does it compare to the tabletop version? I watched the developer video on it a few months ago, and it looked pretty close, but I would rather have the opinion of someone else who's played it.

Turfster

Has anyone tried Mordheim yet? How does it compare to the tabletop version? I watched the developer video on it a few months ago, and it looked pretty close, but I would rather have the opinion of someone else who's played it.

No idea. At least they added the fourth warband today.

It's kinda weird that there's no multi pack available for what is ostensibly a multiplayer game...

I'm... not entirely sure that's better.
I don't play games for OMG CINEMATIC RUNNING MOMENT WHILE BEING CHASED/SHIT FALLS APART AROUND YOU, especially when you can fail those things (usually through no fault of your own) and have to do them again. And again. and again.
I reinstalled the game once, after playing it for 15 mins then I remembered why I didn't like it then uninstalled it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Btw, a slight thought and suggestion, maybe SteamGAF should think about making a small social group for those who like playing multiplayer games? There was something of an attempt last year with gaming night stuff, but I know it's kind of died out. I was just thinking about this because I think it'd be a great way to get some people to try otherwise great games that just are much better with people you come to know, or can socialize with as you play, or to fill in dead multiplayer games that are fun.

I'm tempted to try and make one, but I think I'd be better in this situation just joining one, I'd be willing too if the motion was made to make it happen. I already sort of host a large group I've come to know very well over the years, we have this big Skype group, they weren't all added at once but just slowly over time from something I used to do, and I am very grateful for it, the group is very kind of including people, getting four-packs and things for games and then giving them to people in the chat who want to play, I sometime make notions that certain games should be owned by everyone in the group and I and several others work to make sure everyone we play with owns it. It was just a thing that kind of grew over time, but has been a fantastic thing to have. Some great online friends made with it and it makes it so all those abstract multiplayer games and modes no one plays anymore is no concerned because we have enough people to fill it, and over time it's fun to sort of figure out how everyone plays and the sort of unique multiplayer experiences they bring to the table.

I was just thinking if somehow something like that could be formed from SteamGAF, it'd be pretty great. Just doing it would be probably pretty challenging.

Phinor

Man I miss Russian traders...

So do I. It's been like less than two months and it's very early to draw any conclusions but I feel like I've gone from buying 10-15 games a month (for a total of 150-200 euros) to buying 1-2 games a month (for a total of 20-30 euros). Everything is just so (relatively) expensive now.

Meanwhile I've put all that money into board games. While some game developers lose whatever little money they made off of me, others have gained.

Uh? In game engine? For me balancing is: this enemy/weapon deals X damage if it does this attack. I'll reduge the amount of damage, maybe increasing a bit the execution of that move, or decreasing the range of that attack. This is balancing for me. Not tweaks to game engine.
Also if you modify stats for an enemy, and then you replace that enemy with another one, you will have a totally different experience. And that's okay. What is not okay is selling this experience as a full game. You can do even a DLC for that, maybe worth 2-3€, but not a full game. As I told, it's totally ok doing this for PS4/One. It's not okay doing this on PC.

Maybe I worded it strange, but we're talking about the same thing. changing variables in the engine versus changing the engine itself.

Vecks

Hadn't heard of Strike Vector before, but those screens and videos make it look really fun. A shame to hear about the community though.

Man I miss Russian traders...

All they did was make it easier for my backlog to spin out of control. I find that in a post-russian-bear world, my steam game count now only creeps up from the once in a blue moon decent humble bundle or a major steam sale.

i almost feel like i have control over this backlog thing now. It's been a blessing.

Dr Dogg

Wesker in in Raid mode (well if you buy the More Complete than Complete Edition). That was me sold straight away. All of his melee moves in 5 were redonkulious!

Also Max Payne 3 just got a patch out of the blue to try and fix Social Club login issues. Well better late than never.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Btw, a slight thought and suggestion, maybe SteamGAF should think about making a small social group for those who like playing multiplayer games? There was something of an attempt last year with gaming night stuff, but I know it's kind of died out. I was just thinking about this because I think it'd be a great way to get some people to try otherwise great games that just are much better with people you come to know, or can socialize with as you play, or to fill in dead multiplayer games that are fun.

I'm tempted to try and make one, but I think I'd be better in this situation just joining one, I'd be willing too if the motion was made to make it happen. I already sort of host a large group I've come to know very well over the years, we have this big Skype group, they weren't all added at once but just slowly over time from something I used to do, and I am very grateful for it, the group is very kind of including people, getting four-packs and things for games and then giving them to people in the chat who want to play, I sometime make notions that certain games should be owned by everyone in the group and I and several others work to make sure everyone we play with owns it. It was just a thing that kind of grew over time, but has been a fantastic thing to have. Some great online friends made with it and it makes it so all those abstract multiplayer games and modes no one plays anymore is no concerned because we have enough people to fill it, and over time it's fun to sort of figure out how everyone plays and the sort of unique multiplayer experiences they bring to the table.

I was just thinking if somehow something like that could be formed from SteamGAF, it'd be pretty great. Just doing it would be probably pretty challenging.

Phoenix296 is still head admin of the Games Night group. Since they're still active on GAF, perhaps we could do a little bit of restructuring and make the group active again? There's already an impressive 300+ member count.

xezuru

In my experience a Mumble or Raidcall type VOIP offers the best experiences. The opportunity to just hang out in a channel offers way more easy of use and utility than having to invite everyone interested, people can just drop in "oh people are here" talk and chill. Different rooms allow to seperate if people are playing a coop game and stuff. I heard over the grapevine there's some non-official GAF Mumbles out there, no experience with them though, still super new.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like my 980 will arrive today. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.

So why they released that tab?

I said "after all"; that info is more than a month old.

Scholar of the First Sin = GOTY of Dark Souls 2 for last gen versions.
'HiSpec' version could still be separate.

Scholar of the First Sin is the name of all versions. Sure, the DX11 version could be a separate app, but I'd say that needlessly complicates things.

Edit: Actually, looks like it is. Good thing for me. ;)

MUnited83

For you.
Looks like my 980 will arrive today. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.

I said "after all"; that info is more than a month old.

Scholar of the First Sin is the name of all versions. Sure, the DX11 version could be a separate app, but I'd say that needlessly complicates things.

Edit: Actually, looks like it is. Good thing for me. ;)

This is the first time I see you being LTTP :p

Coreda

Were the 2014 Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight prototypes only available via the previous Humble Bundle?

Nabs

What is LTTP?

Last Train to Paris

ibbFrPgdpnwOui.gif

Look, time to play!

I'm... not entirely sure that's better.
I don't play games for OMG CINEMATIC RUNNING MOMENT WHILE BEING CHASED/SHIT FALLS APART AROUND YOU, especially when you can fail those things (usually through no fault of your own) and have to do them again. And again. and again.

I only had issues with one particular section, a part where you were going down a river. That was just the worst.

Still think the game is one of the best of 2013 and i really enjoyed how much more open it was than the Uncharted games it clearly took inspiration from. Plus, i really enjoyed the upgrade system, too. Gave me an RE4 vibe.

Does anyone know how to make my gun in Stalker visible again? I stopped playing for 2 months and forgot that I took screens with my gun being invis. It is quite difficult playing like this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom