• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, maybe a mistake. Well, if you miss SP (like me), and they take it off from the store, replacing it with an upgrade option for the same price, where's the problem?
Yeah, but my plan would be to have all content of the "old" version and then later on the SOFS version :/

Dunno. I want to own complete collection of DS2 versions.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not all of them:
DWdAsxv.png

It says on that chart that the balancing patch is coming to all three versions.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yes, but new placement for enemies (well, ONE enemy is not). If you place enemies in a different way, the balance of the game is different, simple.

That's not the balancing patch and the reason additional enemies aren't coming to the old editions is because those consoles are ancient pieces of shit that can barely handle the base game already with decent performance. Otherwise they would include them in the 360/PS3 Scholar of the First Sin release. Unfortunately PC DX9 gets grouped with that revision of the game.

Yes, but new placement for enemies (well, ONE enemy is not). If you place enemies in a different way, the balance of the game is different, simple.

...I don't think that's what they mean by 'balancing'.

Balancing typically means tweaks settings or parameters in the game engine. Changing enemy placements wouldn't fall under this.

Unfortunately PC DX9 gets grouped with that revision of the game.

Which really sucks

Dr Dogg

As much as I'm down with the whole idea of having a new achievement list for DS2: SteamGAF GOTY Edition (odds on it is) being DX11 means no GeDoSaTo, driver based downsampling only (unless FROM have sorted something here), limited injection and AA possibilities, amongst other gripes. It better look Top of the Pops or it's going to be another next gen port with a slightly lacking PC version over the original (ie Sleepy Dogs DE, Metro LL Redux).

Knurek

New Humble disappointment today?

Seriously doubt they can top Groupees and Bundlestars offering.
But at the very least, should be better than Gala/Royale, right?

Please be Desktop Dungeon, Escape Goat 2 and Gods Will Be Watching in $1 tier

Not all of them:
DWdAsxv.png

I can't even understand this mess of a chart :\

I've been missing from the Steam thread (and most of GAF) for all of last month. I was totally engrossed in a 3DS game called Fantasy Life. If you have a 3DS and you enjoy Animal Crossing, you should definitely check it out.

Also, bundle spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ -- MB-F3355EDE1514D657 - Taken by NingenJanai

Deques

Yes, please!

AHA-Lambda

Not all of them:
DWdAsxv.png

I still want to know what these additional story elements are =/
the patch details made it sound like one character was added and that's it.

EDIT: Actually if I read that chart right are you saying that not only are you going to split the community on PC but our PC data won't carry over either?

Chariot

I should go back to bed, I just read Goats Will Be Watching and was creeped out.

I bet it will have
Spacebase DF-9
in the 15$ tier.

Turfster

Particula keys added to Groupees BAGB16

CAFE 0 DELUXE keys added to IG Every Monday 16

GMG has the Darksiders Franchise Pack 75% off

Turfster

I jinxed the last couple bundles, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut for the next couple hours!

I'm pretty much out of indie games I bought in the last few months that they can bundle now.

So Gameinformer game of the month is Tomb Raider and they showed first art/screenshot and guess what it is not tomb :D
So instead of being chased by
falling bits of plane
, we're now being chased by a bear?
Sigh.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was going to say, Revelations 2 is definitely MT Frameworks, it's the most obvious MT Frameworks games I've seen. It has a very unique lighting system to it, and a number of animations and assets are pulled directly out of other MT Framework games (Resident Evil 6 and Lost Planet 2 being the most obvious), which would probably be easiest to import into another MT Framework game.

This said, I've strangely gotten myself a bit excited to play Revelations 2. I also have come to realize I met some people who were just perfect for me for friends, probably the only other people in the world that enjoyed Resident Evil 6's, Tomb Raider's, and some other game's multiplayer as much as I did, and are perfect to play with, and who happen to get excited for games I don't expect many to get excited about, like Revelations 2. I was a bit surprised yesterday when Revelations 2 came up how many of them were pre-ordering it and looking forward to it. Been the opposite reaction in a lot of different places.

I think I'm more excited for Raid Mode than anything, though. Me and one friend are setting our goal today, as we both have a free day, to finally get to the true ending in Raid Mode and beat the secret boss on Ghost Ship.

Dr Dogg

MT Framework has the same settings.

Pretty much all the deferred MT Framework titles have FXAA, FXAA3 and FXAA3HQ while the forward rendered ones have MSAA support and coverage samples as well. Of course it runs great on pretty much anything from the last 5 or so years (well baring Lost Planet's DX10 renderer which is still a little heavy with the fur tech).

Jawmuncher

I was going to say, Revelations 2 is definitely MT Frameworks, it's the most obvious MT Frameworks games I've seen. It has a very unique lighting system to it, and a number of animations and assets are pulled directly out of other MT Framework games (Resident Evil 6 and Lost Planet 2 being the most obvious), which would probably be easiest to import into another MT Framework game.

This said, I've strangely gotten myself a bit excited to play Revelations 2. I also have come to realize I met some people who were just perfect for me for friends, probably the only other people in the world that enjoyed Resident Evil 6's, Tomb Raider's, and some other game's multiplayer as much as I did, and are perfect to play with, and who happen to get excited for games I don't expect many to get excited about, like Revelations 2. I was a bit surprised yesterday when Revelations 2 came up how many of them were pre-ordering it and looking forward to it. Been the opposite reaction in a lot of different places.

I think I'm more excited for Raid Mode than anything, though. Me and one friend are setting our goal today, as we both have a free day, to finally get to the true ending in Raid Mode and beat the secret boss on Ghost Ship.

im looking forward to it. Seems to be fixing all the issues I had with Revelations 1. Just hope the raid mode is better paced. Even in coop me and soma grew pretty tired of the grind that we didn't even get to the ghost ship. That damn thing should have been playable within each 10th level.

dex3108

As I said in the other thread the writing better not be shit. UC3 was a masterpiece in comparison and I loathe that game.

Don't read TR comics then XD This is huge test for them, if they fail this time we won;t see TR in loooong time. And if they are shy to show us those magnificent tombs like they were for previus TR we will know that something is wrong again :D

So instead of being chased by
falling bits of plane
, we're now being chased by a bear?
Sigh.

Bear is interactive this time, it is controlled by AI! Plane was scripted event. XD

Uzzy

So Gameinformer game of the month is Tomb Raider and they showed first art/screenshot and guess what it is not tomb :D

You can see video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alOE_Eo4X-0

So over on the other thread, there's a statement that suggests Rise will make you 'hunt and craft new survival gear in order to take on larger puzzle tombs'

Should that actually be true, Rise might not be as unbelievably terrible as TR2013. But I doubt it.

Turfster

Bear is interactive this time, it is controlled by AI! Plane was scripted event. XD

I'm... not entirely sure that's better.
I don't play games for OMG CINEMATIC RUNNING MOMENT WHILE BEING CHASED/SHIT FALLS APART AROUND YOU, especially when you can fail those things (usually through no fault of your own) and have to do them again. And again. and again.

dex3108

I'm... not entirely sure that's better.
I don't play games for OMG CINEMATIC RUNNING MOMENT WHILE BEING CHASED/SHIT FALLS APART AROUND YOU, especially when you can fail those things (usually through no fault of your own) and have to do them again. And again. and again.

I am just kidding i don;t know if bear will be AI :D All i want to know is will there be PC version and when we can expect release, and will there be finally ancient mystical tombs that we will visit ALONE without constant fight with human AI.

Turfster

All i want to know is will there be PC version and when we can expect release, and will there be finally ancient mystical tombs that we will visit ALONE without constant fight with human AI.

I'm with you.
They did repeat the word "tomb" a lot in the video, but we'll see.

dex3108

I'm with you.
They did repeat the word "tomb" a lot in the video, but we'll see.

We will see but i have feeling that there will be only one big tomb and few smaller ones. Locking game to one location is limiting factor. Previous TR games were around the world and that was awesome :D

Anyone wanting this game?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

REALMS OF THE HAUNTING -- MB-4AE602F95A20AB6D - Taken by Polishin8r

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
im looking forward to it. Seems to be fixing all the issues I had with Revelations 1. Just hope the raid mode is better paced. Even in coop me and soma grew pretty tired of the grind that we didn't even get to the ghost ship. That damn thing should have been playable within each 10th level.

I like the changes I've seen to the new Raid Mode, I agree, in the original it's a grind sometimes. I do appreciate the different difficulty levels in Raid Mode and how they feature more differences than just making the enemies higher level or something, but I do agree that Ghost Ship should of been tackable after beating the easy mode stages. I think it would of worked better if you could go deeper and deeper into it and it gets harder and harder, but the ending points showing up earlier so you could back out when it was becoming too much. The first potential ending is a bit too far in, which ends up making it a grind before you feel you really can tackle Ghost Ship. I've played Raid Mode on and off in the original game, but I'm only on level 30 and need to beat the stages on abyss difficulty. XD; A friend and mine's goal is to beat the hidden boss and reach the true ending in Raid Mode before Revelations 2 releases.

But I do think Raid Mode in Rev. 2 will be more fun. A few observations and thoughts; The hub world for Raid Mode in the sequel is a brilliant idea, as well as having a pseudo-narrative to go with it and fit it thematically (in Revelations 2, Raid Mode is a battle simulator and you get occasional dialogue in the hub world from whoever the main villain is in the main game, who's running simulations of encounters). Having funkier music rather than the sort of down-toned music of Raid Mode 1 I think will help, the toned-down music works well in an atmospheric way, but I think it didn't feel right sometimes in Raid Mode as the high number of enemies, numbers flying around and health gauges, and welcome the Mercenaries-like catchy music in its place, also that there appears to be multiple songs for different stages (also like how the Resident Evil 6 stages in the Raid Mode throwback pack include super catchy remixes of some of RE6's music). I think having more varied and unique enemy 'buffs' is a good edition, the speed-up/defense/offense/boss and switching enemy size and such was interesting in Revelations, but I think the added ones I've spotted so far will add good variety and challenge to the game.

However, there are a few things I'm curious about. Raid Mode in Revelations 1 had 20 regular stages, three difficulties each, and then one bonus stage in Ghost Ship. In Revelations 2, they're called missions now, they take place in a variety of locations, but the number of them is staggering. By purchasing all four episodes, there are 194 missions in Revelations 2's Raid Mode, with the Throwback Pack it's supposed to be thrown somewhere over 200, will that make it more repetitive, less repetitive? Also curious about a how enemy variety in Raid Mode 2 will work, and how certain enemies (or more accurately, a certain enemy) I've seen in the main campaign will work in Raid Mode, but much to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom