• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I cancelled a Steam preorder for the first time and now I have all the money back in my Steam wallet. It's fine to spend that money on other games now, right?

Alright, I've got to hand it to the profile spammers, they've finally started using names that a 12 year old might create:

4JxuBK2.jpg

EDIT: It should go without saying do not try that link. :p

Have some scares (and meltdown).
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Meltdown -- MB-AC985D0134C09EBF - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Claire -- MB-30BAADD8676021FF - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
Dementium II HD -- MB-579C96EFA6A5D1C7 - Taken by electroflame. 5 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-1B3A5320691F888C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1424230676z1.png

r3n4ud

:( I had to give up on AC4 and Liberation because of that.
You didn't listen to Jase, eh? And I don't know why you guys keep bashing Ubisoft. I prefer their client than Steam...

------------

On a more serious note, I'm disappointed by the lack of Murdered giveaways today guys. You've let me down SteamGAF.

zkylon

zkylewd
You didn't listen to Jase, eh? And I don't know why you guys keep bashing Ubisoft. I prefer their client than Steam...
cos it's funny to make fun of them and like origin it exists for no other reason than to annoy us and make $$$ for pubs

i would be all for new clients to make it so steam doesn't have a monopoly but since uplay and origin actually monopolize their own games then not so much

gog does it right, witcha is sold everywhere, and it's a lil better on gog. everybody happy

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
cos it's funny to make fun of them and like origin it exists for no other reason than to annoy us

hey, don't be like that ...

origin at least has some good things going for it, like .... ummm .... ummm ... ummm .... I've got nothing ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
hey, don't be like that ...

origin at least has some good things going for it, like .... ummm .... ummm ... ummm .... I've got nothing ;)

origin does refunds

which is kind of a weird positive thing to say that people are glad that they can undo the buys they made in your service

------------

On a more serious note, I'm disappointed by the lack of Murdered giveaways today guys. You've let me down SteamGAF.

Yeah, I should have listened to Jase before losing 30 hours of AC4 and 6 of Liberation :(

I hate Uplay as a client, I have The Crew there and every time there's an update it doesn't download it automatically, just waits until I want to launch the game before updating.

Corpekata

Banned
No clue how anyone could prefer the Uplay client. It's lagging behind Steam of like 5 years ago.

Origin is at least competent and has basic features like not making you launch the game to download updates.

RedFyn

that's true

i actually quite like origin as a client. it loads up super fast and it's not bloated of useless crap like steam is
Yeah, I don't have a problem with it. The library view needs work, though a quick look through the settings may be all I need to fix that grievance.

Sch1sm

I'll definitely get 1st tier on this humble. I already have Tomb Raider, Thief, and the Deus Ex game, but how does Murdered: Soul Suspect play? I saw it during the Steam Squeenix sale and didn't pick it up then, either. Didn't look incredibly appealing. Is there $6ish USD of enjoyment to be had or is it one of those, "you either hate it or love it," deals?

E: Also, extra quiet in here. Wow.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing Psychonauts and had to farm 800 arrowheads to buy an item, which is only feasible if you use the glorified metal detector that only digs stuff out if you mash f. Googling for a map of buried arrowheads led me to autohotkey, which did my mashing for me!

But apparently Steam didn't like that, and corrupted my save. I lost all my collectibles because I only had one recent save (the only other one was a few hours back). It didn't register the back-up I had either. I recollected everything from the old save in offline mode, but when I got back online and booted it up, my new save didn't show up at all. I decided to delete all of my profile data to start over fresh, but when I restarted the game, Steam apparently downloaded the saves from its servers, and I got my new save back. I still used the autohotkey thing and this time my data didn't get corrupted at all (but I've learned my lesson and am rolling with multiple saves now).

In conclusion, fuck the cloud, I guess?

Turfster

I'll definitely get 1st tier on this humble. I already have Tomb Raider, Thief, and the Deus Ex game, but how does Murdered: Soul Suspect play? I saw it during the Steam Squeenix sale and didn't pick it up then, either. Didn't look incredibly appealing. Is there $6ish USD of enjoyment to be had or is it one of those, "you either hate it or love it," deals?

E: Also, extra quiet in here. Wow.

Murdered is a great, atmospheric detective story (with optional collectathon)

Man I just took a look at the "I need a new PC" thread.

I am so jelly at the HW prices US folks have.

Tell me about it, we pay at least double here, and some components go way over that.
Sometimes I long for the "One World" you could read about on old science fiction stories.

Just a reminder that the Groupees WGN bundle goes live in an hour-and-a-half or so - you'll probably want to preorder if you were interested in it.

The last one was decent, and hopefully this one is better (think they said 6 games).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
rdhMu7O.png

Why do I always get weird invites like this?
Why no nice people? :(

Pfff, when they sent an invite to me they called themselves, "fatima"; I appreciated the double entendre.

I love when programs that were working previously are beset by bugs. Looking at you Google Play Music Manager.

Pfff, when they sent an invite to me they called themselves, "fatima".
Better than the several Luke Skywalkers I got the past days. Even and [unassigned] -_-

On another note. Is it not possible to buy the same game multiple times on nuveem? I only get a green box now where "purchase" was.

rdhMu7O.png

I got two today, Klaus and Lubomira, with that exact same avatar. It's like they are barely trying anymore.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-D5C109DA74853E50 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.

t1424225156z1.png

baterism

rdhMu7O.png

Yesterday, I add a moderator in an (Indonesian) group because I wanted to do a giveaway. I got ignored. Fine, fine. I'm giving it to someone else.
No key for GAF. Don't blame us. Blame yourself or Gaben.
My profile isn't even private.

fenners

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-AF7F399389DB9D4B - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold 3 Gold -- MB-56E43BD7AD94D3B7 - Taken by texhnolyze. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-0C7B4D6944792A4B - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.

t1424235116z1.png

I actually really enjoyed Revenge of the Titans - light, easy to get into tower defence with a nice style & upgrade tree.

Wish me luck guys. Just dl'ed and set up GeDoSaTo for Dark Souls 2.
Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes and can play at custom lower resolution.

GaussTek

Sorry if this has already been posted, but Zelda tribute game Oceanhorn is coming to Steam on March 17!!

This one was originally available only on iOS, but I always wanted to play it as I don't own an iPhone Or an iPad.

Trailer:
http://youtu.be/YJxpQ8KGRa8

B-FpgQGIgAAtazt.png

It looks amazing, and I think it features music from Nobuo Uematsu too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom