• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Zelda tribute game Oceanhorn is coming to Steam on March 17!!

This one was originally available only on iOS, but I always wanted to play it as I don't own an iPhone Or an iPad.

Trailer:
http://youtu.be/YJxpQ8KGRa8

B-FpgQGIgAAtazt.png

It looks amazing, and I think it features music from Nobuo Uematsu too!

Wow, looks good.
Wind Waker style.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How is the development progressing on Stomping Land and Spintires?

In such a way as to make your post appear bitterly sarcastic.

Earlier today someone posted a story about the Stomping Lands dinosaur modeler quitting and joining another game.

And as far as I know, Spintires has stopped development because...The publisher took the EA money and ran and the dev is thinking about starting a new game?

Grief.exe

I think some dude from Stomping Land just quit

In such a way as to make your post appear bitterly sarcastic.

Earlier today someone posted a story about the Stomping Lands dinosaur modeler quitting and joining another game.

Really dead then.

And as far as I know, Spintires has stopped development because...The publisher took the EA money and ran and the dev is thinking about starting a new game?

There was dissenting information on that account.

Last few minutes, good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sega Genesis Classics Series 2 -- MB-2A6D8438155B1A4A - Taken by billmcdougal. 8 entrants total.
Sega Genesis Classics Series 1 -- MB-A8193D297E40499D - Taken by WinterDemons. 11 entrants total.

t1424226055z1.png

Jawmuncher

You guys are missing the big news here.
The modeler who did stomping lands is now working on Beasts of Prey. Another dinosaur game on steam that is constantly getting updated. It's badass.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Meltdown -- MB-AC985D0134C09EBF - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Claire -- MB-30BAADD8676021FF - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
Dementium II HD -- MB-579C96EFA6A5D1C7 - Taken by electroflame. 5 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-1B3A5320691F888C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1424230676z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
can anyone download that hotline miami 2 digital comic thing?

it shows up on popular new releases on the front page but doesn't do anything when i click it

Maniac

Banned
Playing around in Star Citizen makes me long for the days of singleplayer, story-driven space shooters. Why did that genre die? WHY?

That's why I backed Star Citizen. Offline mode *and* a proper campaign? Fucking hell yes you bastards, give it 'ere.

Although the more money they raise, the more time it'll take. Luckily they're actually hiring fuckloads of people and thus the time increase isn't as bad as otherwise... But man, I want me some Squadron and SC private servers, plis.

Maniac

Banned
By the way, sorry I haven't posted in a few days... Things happened, and... It's been hard. I've not really been up to the task of anything, hell even brushing my teeth seems like a lot of work right now...

I'll probably post about it when I'm less intoxicated and not utterly depressed, but the short version is: lost a family member, and it's taken a lot out of my entire family. Thusly I'm left feeling incredibly depressed, wanting to blow my sodding brains out and generally feeling like utter shit and barely holding onto my sanity.

I digress... I hope everyone is well and have had a good weekend and stuff.

Atleast I can almost afford Besiege with steam monies now... Although I still can't afford the $1 Squeenix tier.

... Sigh.

zkylon

zkylewd
do i need to ever update my drivers if my videocard is old? i feel like every changelog is like performance increases for like a 980 gtx or something, never for my card :<

Use search to go to the store page.

doesn't show up

edit: alright it didn't have its own page, you had to go to hotline miami 2 to download it

yuraya

I don't know if it was talked about here before. But apparently people who do Dark Souls speedruns managed to figure out a new way of skipping the
firesage demon
fight which takes you straight to the
centipede
fight.

You can see in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWlzGHeHOI At around 16:45 is when he gets ready to do the skip. Pretty crazy what these speedrunners do to save couple minutes of time hehe.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
do i need to ever update my drivers if my videocard is old? i feel like every changelog is like performance increases for like a 980 gtx or something, never for my card :<

I actually ran into an issue a few months ago with my 470 GTX where the latest drivers introduced an issue where the card was constantly max clocked. More than a few people on the nvidia forums were describing scenarios where it sounded like their card overheated and fried. Rolling back a few drivers fixed it for me, buuuttt...

Before that I was downloading driver updates and still seeing performance increases for games like Alien: Isolation. Not dramatic increases, but still a few FPS. If you're trying to eke out a few more frames in a recently released game (compared to how old your drivers are, even) it might be worthwhile. But you should keep an eye on it's behavior before and after.

By the way, sorry I haven't posted in a few days... Things happened, and... It's been hard. I've not really been up to the task of anything, hell even brushing my teeth seems like a lot of work right now...

I'll probably post about it when I'm less intoxicated and not utterly depressed, but the short version is: lost a family member, and it's taken a lot out of my entire family. Thusly I'm left feeling incredibly depressed, wanting to blow my sodding brains out and generally feeling like utter shit and barely holding onto my sanity.

I digress... I hope everyone is well and have had a good weekend and stuff.

Atleast I can almost afford Besiege with steam monies now... Although I still can't afford the $1 Squeenix tier.

... Sigh.

I went through a very similar situation a few years ago, the anniversary of which is next week. My condolences. Hang in there mate.

zkylon

zkylewd
the hotline miami comic thing wasn't too interesting but seems to indicate the nationalist themes of the first game are gonna be returning in hm2.

i'm a bit worried about hotline miami 2 in general, i feel like hotline miami was so tightly wrapped up in my head to the point i don't need or want anything else like it. so it's a bit scary to see a sequel of a game that doesn't really need it

I actually ran into an issue a few months ago with my 470 GTX where the latest drivers introduced an issue where the card was constantly max clocked. More than a few people on the nvidia forums were describing scenarios where it sounded like their card overheated and fried. Rolling back a few drivers fixed it for me, buuuttt...

Before that I was downloading driver updates and still seeing performance increases for games like Alien: Isolation. Not dramatic increases, but still a few FPS. If you're trying to eke out a few more frames in a recently released game (compared to how old your drivers are, even) it might be worthwhile. But you should keep an eye on it's behavior before and after.

hmm, alright

thanks

I say this to my brother almost daily, the world needs more dinosaur games.

Like, replace all the stupid zombie games and put dinosaurs there instead.

I'd be so happy.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Then it would be the same, wouldn't it? People would be complaining that there are too many dinosaur games and want more of x instead.

Jawmuncherc would never complain about that ;) it's like you complaining about there being too many hentai games ;)

Jawmuncher

Then it would be the same, wouldn't it? People would be complaining that there are too many dinosaur games and want more of x instead.

As long as I'm happy we're all good.
If people could get "tired" if there being too many dinosaur games I'd be in heaven.

mG8nwCJ.png

Just got added by these 2 fine chaps, they both wanted to give me a free CS:GO skin, no strings attached! Can you believe it? All I had to do was give them my Steam login info (because of error) they couldn't just send it to me, they had to directly add it to my account since they both have uncles that work at Volvo it was possible to do it that way. I can't seem to log on now, (Steam must be down, typical) but I can't wait to check out my new skins.

Milamber

Just you wait! If dinosaurs come to pass, soon there will be an Early Access game number 60 something about a proceduraly generated survival with dinosaurs, done in the style of Minecraft, where you can build anything you want within the realms of your imagination. Made in Unity.

Good luck, let us know if it claims your laptop's soul.
Played 1-2 hours and after some inital bad settings I got it running now. At medium details with effects off at about 500P very playable framerates. Makes me a happy man if only there weren't those very frequent and annoying pauses. About 1 second long :/ I get very good fps (25-55) so I have no clue what causes the stutters. They happen at very high framerates even.
Maybe I'll disable vsync and some other stuff tomorrow. It annoys me way more than low resolution. Really annoying.

But all in all very cool so far. Have my monocle-wearing explorer but I forgot how hard the beginning with Souls games is. Damn I am getting my ass handed. I also need to look up what all the icons in my stats menu mean. Some new stuff and some not really easy to decipher icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom