• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
well, i was speaking as someone who doesn't own Dark Souls II as I was waiting for a GOTY bundle to come along. I dunno what price it's launching for but $40 would seem fair for someone who doesn't own anything Dark Souls II

Yeah, there should be a cheap option for those who own DSII and the season pass to upgrade to DSII DX11 version, i agree.
oh, totally, it's a good deal for newcomers for sure

i feel like the problem is that this is just a weird thing altogether

you have to pay for a graphical upgrade on pc, and pc could've easily run even the super overdone e3 version a year ago
you have to pay for different enemy placement, but not for new items and lore and multiplayer and new npcs, which feels weird. why not make this a third, cheaper dlc and be done with it? or why not do it for free altogether and not fragment your community?

personally i think it's still a big fuck you to pcers, but since i won't be playing bloodborne any year soon, i'm fine just buying the new version as long there's a cheap upgrade option like $15 or something if only for new enemy placement

Am I wrong in that I kind have always thought of KOTOR 2 being a buggy mess? Should I give it a go and does it hold up today?
it's a bit buggier than kotor1 but there are mods and patches to improve that

i think kotor 1 and 2 are kind of terrible to play today but if you like star wars then go for it. kotor 2 specially has a pretty decent story and characters

Turfster

Am I wrong in that I kind have always thought of KOTOR 2 being a buggy mess? Should I give it a go and does it hold up today?

The restoration project fixes (most of) it.

Also, for the people lamenting the Humble tier 2 price:
Always refresh immediately at launch and keep that window open to lock in a relatively low BTA price, especially for bundles like this one that will have lots of tier 3 sales.

KOTOR II was rushed out the door and somewhat unpolished. there is a major mod that adds back cut content from the game and expands upon its ending, recommend you look it up.

Besides that, i personally didn't care for what they did in regards to the story but the game does contain some of the best written party members in an RPG. So while most will agree that KOTOR 1 is the better game, there are certainly things KOTOR 2 does that makes it a worthwhile adventure.

Also, for the people lamenting the Humble tier 2 price:
Always refresh immediately at launch and keep that window open to lock in a relatively low BTA price, especially for bundles like this one that will have lots of tier 3 sales.
I was too late. Learned about the bundle too late.
But that is a good tip. I didn't know the BTA price that shows is counting and not the actual current one.
It'll drop down. I'm guessing in the ~$8 range.
Hm. Ok then I'll wait a couple days. Hoping for the best.
Thanks

Uzzy

You're not wrong, it's a buggy mess. But for your other question, yes you should absolutely play it. It's one of the finest RPGs ever made. It's up there with Torment.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
some disney game

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-DEEDA42F69E091AE - Taken by TheLight

Nete

someone give me impression of Empire at War please.

thinking wether I should go for tier3

Disappointing if you were expecting a Rebellion 2.0. Decent enough if you haven't played that game.

The space combat is pretty good, and being a SW game this is a big plus. The ground combat, terrible. The "4X" part, just okish.

If you were aiming anyways for the Tier 2, get the 3 too. For 1andsomething dollar, I think it's worth the risk.

Apollyon

Neo Member
Got a $25 gift card, and I'm debating on preordering the complete season of RE Revelations 2, since $25 is just enough for it. For $15 more, I could get the bonuses with the Complete Season along with Wesker (Raid Mode), Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack, and the Character Costume Pack. Thing is, I expect Capcom to just release that DLC later at some point. But it's also Capcom, so who knows.

Aside from that, Prison Architect for $7.49? Might grab that. I missed out on it during the Winter Sale.

Huh, doing Nintendo's survery that they tweeted, this is one of the questions and its response.

Which of the following best describes you?

PC gamer: I play primarily on my computer, with minimal spending on system and games

I suppose it's half right.

Got a $25 gift card, and I'm debating on preordering the complete season of RE Revelations 2, since $25 is just enough for it. For $15 more, I could get the bonuses with the Complete Season along with Wesker (Raid Mode), Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack, and the Character Costume Pack. Thing is, I expect Capcom to just release that DLC later at some point. But it's also Capcom, so who knows.

I think they already said that every DLCs will be released later at some point.

GMG has the Darksiders Franchise Pack 75% off

Wondering if I should get the first game some time or if it makes sense to just grab the franchise pack now. Is this a set of games where if I like the first one, it should be a given that I'll like the second one too?

Any opinions on Darkest Dungeon? I usually avoid Twitch meme games like the fucking plague, but from what I've seen this one looks pretty fun. I've also avoided early access games, but I dunno, the aesthetic kinda draws me in. Money's pretty tight, but I think at 20$ I might bite if it's something that'll really kill some time. Roguelikes, rpg's, dark fantasy, all right in my wheelhouse.

Wondering if I should get the first game some time or if it makes sense to just grab the franchise pack now. Is this a set of games where if I like the first one, it should be a given that I'll like the second one too?

The second game is considered worse by all so be weary. I liked the first game for what it was: it was a metal version of Zelda that played fine.

The desire for star wars Lego games going on sale is looking just as hopeless as Bioware dlc going on sale or being bundled in a complete edition

Monooboe

I really liked the second one also. So I think you should just get both.:D

Wasteland 2 is a ridiculous time sink, I started playing it today and 15 minutes later 2,5 hours had passed. Maybe I should take some days off to actually finish it in couple of days otherwise this will take months

The second game is considered worse by all so be weary. I liked the first game for what it was: it was a metal version of Zelda that played fine.

I really liked the second one also. So I think you should just get both.:D

I'd looked at the Steam user reviews and both were at 90%, so I figured they'd been fairly evenly received. I can deal with the second one being worse as long as it's not a bad time. I might bite on them both then, thanks for the input!

Pudge

I'm surprised how many people on here weren't around for that epic Star Wars Franchise Pack pricing error last year sometime. I think it was like $25 for every Star Wars game, minus of course the illusive LEGO games.

Every time there is a LEGO sale I check for them like something will change. It will never change.

Nete

Y U NO REBELLION 2
already have it

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack -- MB-E488399B5193E7C6 - Taken by jshackles

2014-11-25_19-03-11.jpg

Were people thinking otherwise? I thought that was how it was always going to be.

Having a
pay-for
remastered version of a game that is 11 months old seems super effed up.

Indeed. The only time that is okay is if is a newer-gen version.

A PS4 release of a last-gen game, 11 months after original release, is understandable. But same platform? Why?

zkylon

zkylewd
Seriously, do you expect 15$? No way. I don't think FROM will do a tiered thing like SE did with Deus EX, that would be good. No way they offer the upgrade for less the SP price to vanilla owners.
we'll see. i think $15 if you already have the season pass isn't too far fetched

Jawmuncher

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...er_292x136.jpg
Star Wars Battlefront 2 -- MB-CBC3F3ECD4BA5770 - Taken by PunishedSnake

Thos bundle is fucking awesome. This was the only game I owned.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because they know people will buy it.

Exactly this. If you don't feel like whatever price they're charging is worth it, or you're pissed off because they're charging for the upgrade: the best way to tell them is to not buy it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Shit should just be 15 regardless.
If it is I'll grab it day 1. If it's more or not to my liking I'll wait for the price to drop.
it's just a dumb thing altogether.

dx11 thing should be free dlc. enemy placement and online changes should be free mandatory patch.

lore and new npc/new area (if there is one)/boss (if there is one) should be payed dlc. if it's gonna be a smallish dlc, make it $5 or whatever

but considering it's too late to change now, i think $15 is reasonable for me to pay for a new coat of fresh paint to the dungeons.

WHAT THE SHIT ?!?!?!

I wanted to go for Tier 2 since Republic Commando is on my WL and I don't have any KOTOR game and only Jedi Outcast 2.

BUT SHIT THAT TIER 2 IS AT OVER 10$ !!!

:(

Do you just need the KOTORs and Republic Commando?

I've got those already and I'm considering going for Tier 3 just in case I get a wild hair to replay the Unleashed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom