• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

I've owned the fear 1 collection for forever yet never played it cause I'm too big of a baby.

I know I would love it but it's just 2spooky4me.

MUnited83

For you.
i want to get a ps3 controller for my pc, can i use it directly or i need something else?

You will need a program like betterDS3 to "fool" games into thinking you are using a Xbox controller.

dat dpad tho

ouya-vomit.jpg

Yep, the post processing is excessive. Also almost no AF, so better not look at ground textures more than a few meters away.
The post processing is pretty unnoticeable in-game outside of strong depth of field effects when you take cover(which adjusts depending on the direction you lean) All of the text on walls and in the world is still sharp. According to DF the ground isn't affected negatively by the filtering solution, it's some 3D objects at a distance like tables. For whatever reason the PS4 doesn't seem to like AF

Anyone spent more time with Attila now that it's been out a few days? It's next on my list after I finish up steam gaf's favorite game.

yuraya

It's pretty insane to see that the PS4 is higher up on Amazons best seller chart for 400$ than the Xbone for about 345$.

Not much on the horizon for the Xbone. Its getting like state of decay in April. That is pretty much it. PS4 is having a much stronger first half of the year.

Knurek

This should be a header quote for each and every Idea Factory review:

In Japan, Idea Factory (アイディアファクトリー) is so renowned for making shitty games it’s affectionately referred to as Idea Fuck (アイディアファック); not so much the place where ideas are born, rather where they go to be ruined.

Metro Redux Bundle ($25) and the individual Redux games ($12.50 each) are on sale at GamersGate...use the code 10AN-SALE-FEB2015 to get another 10% off on top of that

after code...Metro Redux Bundle is $22.50...Metro 2033 Redux & Last Light Redux are $11.25 each

73V3N

Banned
Metro Redux Bundle ($25) and the individual Redux games ($12.50 each) are on sale at GamersGate...use the code 10AN-SALE-FEB2015 to get another 10% off on top of that

after code...Metro Redux Bundle is $22.50...Metro 2033 Redux & Last Light Redux are $11.25 each

Metro Redux was 16.99 on the winter sale. (just letting you know in case you want to wait for a better discount)

MattyG

Banned
I asked in the PC performance thread, but that seems to have slowed to a crawl so I'll ask here too; what's the best way to deal with screen tearing with minimal input lag in Dying Light? I've tried in game vsync, Nvidia Control Panel vsync, triple buffering, adaptive vsync. and all of them either don't do anything to eliminate the atrocious screen tearing, or make the input lag so bad it's unplayable.

I asked in the PC performance thread, but that seems to have slowed to a crawl so I'll ask here too; what's the best way to deal with screen tearing with minimal input lag in Dying Light? I've tried in game vsync, Nvidia Control Panel vsync, triple buffering, adaptive vsync. and all of them either don't do anything to eliminate the atrocious screen tearing, or make the input lag so bad it's unplayable.

I used RivaTuner. It got rid of the screen tearing and I didn't notice any lag either.

Grief.exe

Force Borderless windowed if possible.

If the game doesn't have the option, more and more releases seem to have the option by default, then you can use some programs to get them working. Check out PC Gaming Wiki for some guides.

Soon I won't have to worry about that problem.

I'm planning on getting Resident Evil Revelations 2. On GMG they have the full game for $32 after 20% off or the season for $20. However, it doesn't show that it comes with the pre-order bonuses listed on the Steam site (OST+Mini-Artbook for full game, Map pack for Season). Is the only way to get those to pre-order it for full price through Steam itself? $20 for the Season + the Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack would be a no brainer purchase.

I'm planning on getting Resident Evil Revelations 2. On GMG they have the full game for $32 after 20% off or the season for $20. However, it doesn't show that it comes with the pre-order bonuses listed on the Steam site (OST+Mini-Artbook for full game, Map pack for Season). Is the only way to get those to pre-order it for full price through Steam itself? $20 for the Season + the Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack would be a no brainer purchase.

bruh just wait till its complete or near completion. I guarantee you the complete game will have a bigger discount/ the season pass will go cheaper before the game is even complete.

Locust

Every store should have the same stuff.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/610573009233657985/#c610573009238144475

bruh just wait till its complete or near completion. I guarantee you the complete game will have a bigger discount/ the season pass will go cheaper before the game is even complete.
It's only a week wait for each episode, Capcom isn't that aggressive with discounts.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirty Bomb Beta Key -- MB-254638DF2CA0F89E - Taken by The Red Wizard

git durdy m8s ‎( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom