• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

So is the SteamGAF GOTY dropping any time soon?

I really want to see what number The Goddess comes in at.

She better be in top 10...or else.

Jawmuncher

bruh just wait till its complete or near completion. I guarantee you the complete game will have a bigger discount/ the season pass will go cheaper before the game is even complete.

Nuveem has the complete pack for 22.
I don't see it hitting that by the last episode.
There's episodes every weak. This ain't TT where episode 2 will be a year from one.

I'm planning on getting Resident Evil Revelations 2. On GMG they have the full game for $32 after 20% off or the season for $20. However, it doesn't show that it comes with the pre-order bonuses listed on the Steam site (OST+Mini-Artbook for full game, Map pack for Season). Is the only way to get those to pre-order it for full price through Steam itself? $20 for the Season + the Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack would be a no brainer purchase.

If you're in the U.S. Nuuvem is cheaper and the way to go. However I can't say if they include the preorder content. They should since they did for REmake but no solid confirmation. So if that's a huge deal breaker buying off steam is the only safe bet. Also the Map Pack is part of the 40 dollar pack even though they include it as a preorder. It's the art book and OST that are uncertain. Throw back map pack is on all pages for the game on GMG and Nuveem complete sets.

Shade

Some old bundle extras. Should work. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-EDFB8B277C7F05FD - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-283BF3A51463BCCB - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
battlepaths -- MB-EE5774466786C88D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
inescapable #2 -- MB-D398AB991F043974 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
inescapable -- MB-AC08F5215660ADA2 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-536C04BDC4FAECFF - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
8 Bit Commando -- MB-99EF6D02C0E861A6 - Taken by Chreznor. 2 entrants total.
RADICAL ROACH -- MB-2E1EB83F3A10B283 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-956AD0C4071F17B5 - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.
Manhunter -- MB-3FB4054B4F622BA3 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Soulbringer -- MB-F66F237EDD41F2D9 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-1D3B12B0E448B622 - Taken by auroragoryalice. 1 entrants total.
ichi -- MB-DECB7D8E14234FF7 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-5B26EA156F76F240 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
splatter -- MB-27F4CB79E0A6D929 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-481F46B10D9CD17E - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-FB2B9FE99222C6DA - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
they breathe -- MB-6AEB09015B7FFC7E - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger #2 -- MB-4757760AB5736838 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-B32FEB84452D5CF2 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1424558211z1.png

If you're in the U.S. Nuuvem is cheaper and the way to go. However I can't say if they include the preorder content. They should since they did for REmake but no solid confirmation. So if that's a huge deal breaker buying off steam is the only safe bet. Also the Map Pack is part of the 40 dollar pack even though they include it as a preorder. It's the art book and OST that are uncertain. Throw back map pack is on all pages for the game on GMG and Nuveem complete sets.
Thanks for the heads up, but I'd rather not deal with international keys. I got the Season set from GMG. If it comes with the map pack that is a Season pre-order bonus on Steam like that post linked above indicates, then I'm good. I don't need Wesker, the costumes OST or artbook.

After hearing my roommate talk about DOTA the other night, I downloaded it and its slowly taking me into its embrace. Someone help

Honestly it just makes me want a Warcraft 4 even more than ever

Why PS3 specifically? Imo they're so much worse than either a X1 or PS4 one.

You will need a program like betterDS3 to "fool" games into thinking you are using a Xbox controller.

i have a 360 controller that i use but i want to get a ps3 controller to play coop games with a friend that hates the 360 dpad, i would get a ps4 controller but thats a little expensive here ,i honestly dont know why people hate the xbox 360 dpad that much ,i can play fighting games with it without any problem :s

Sendou

I just finished Max Payne 3 and it's the best 3rd person shooter I remember playing on PC. That story was simply not good though. They spent so much time on it too.

iosefe

i have a 360 controller that i use but i want to get a ps3 controller to play coop games with a friend that hates the 360 dpad, i would get a ps4 controller but thats a little expensive here ,i honestly dont know why people hate the xbox 360 dpad that much ,i can play fighting games with it without any problem :s

you can skip BetterDS3 and go straight to SCPservice/tool/server/i forget the proper name

I live again.
Also, stay away from F3AR. It's dogshit.
I played all the fear games last year and I can confirm the dogshitness of F3AR, I also don't understand why the ghost is solid enough to be harmed by bullets but not solid enough to pick up a gun and fire back at 'em!

zkylon

zkylewd
I just finished Max Payne 3 and it's the best 3rd person shooter I remember playing on PC. That story was simply not good though. They spent so much time on it too.
and u can never play it again because the shit cutscenes are unskippable and the story gets worse every time you watch it

MattyG

Banned
Force Borderless windowed if possible.

If the game doesn't have the option, more and more releases seem to have the option by default, then you can use some programs to get them working. Check out PC Gaming Wiki for some guides.

Soon I won't have to worry about that problem.
I ended up using Fullscreenizer (couldn't get Borderless Windowed Gaming to work). It worked, it just made my card louder than usual (it hums or buzzes sometimes for some reason, done it since last year, a couple months after I got it. I'm probably gonna get a 980 soon anyways.)

I have finished Max Payne 3 8 eight times, I just keep a book or my SP2 by my side so I can do other things when a long ass cutscene starts. Still shocked no one figured out how to make them skippable, wonder what fucked up loading system the game uses.

I live again.
Also, stay away from F3AR. It's dogshit.
Massive Fear 3 story spoilers
Still really bummed by what they did to the Fear 2 protagonist, didn't really make much sense either. Although I suppose I will give that props for actually making me uncomfortable!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC version hasn't been patched yet, but it should happen today. Annoyingly, though, the Steam app hasn't been touched in over a week, which suggests Ubi has been sitting on the update while the console ones go through cert.

...which is exactly what happened.

Tessellation is still absent, unsurprisingly, and just as I suspected earlier, Ubi was sitting on the patch for no real reason at all:

9 days ago said:
Changed depots
branches/tu5/buildid: 521007 › 522235
about 6 hours ago said:
Changed depots
branches/public/buildid: 473295 › 522235

It must be hard to shake off the stigma of "This is PC-only; who cares" when your company sits on a patch for nine bloody days. But, hey, and I say this sincerely: better needlessly late than never.

JaseC

cry

or replace them

truth be told. if i lose more than one gaffer, i reload from an earlier save. for example, JaseC and Maniac got bopped. i reload

Naming a character after me within a game I've never played* and expecting him/her to survive is just asking for disappointment, haha.

* I played the demo! That kindasorta counts.

iosefe

Naming a character after me within a game I've never played* and expecting him/her to survive is just asking for disappointment, haha.

* I played the demo! That kindasorta counts.

it was your first mission too. but...thank god for save/loading

MattyG

Banned
How do I install Borderless Gaming? I installed it in its own directory and then launched the .exe and it didn't detect any games.

Also, not really feeling Dying Light. I'm about an hour in and it's just so... meh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished my 14th game of the year so far, Fable Anniversary. The game looks and plays fantastically - I got 60fps on everything except (strangely) the pre-rendered videos which were choppy. I unlocked 43/50 (86%) of the achievements although a lot of them were story-related.

I hadn't ever played "The Lost Chapters" content which is included here and it was pretty cool. I seem to remember the original game sort of abruptly ending, so I was glad to see that I could keep playing after everything was done.

Overall, highly recommended.

ExoSoul

Banned
How do I install Borderless Gaming? I installed it in its own directory and then launched the .exe and it didn't detect any games.

Also, not really feeling Dying Light. I'm about an hour in and it's just so... meh.
Isn't GeDoSaTo able to take care of that for you? Iirc it has an option to enable borderless full screen in games even if you don't down sample said game.

JaseC

I just finished my 14th game of the year so far, Fable Anniversary. The game looks and plays fantastically - I got 60fps on everything except (strangely) the pre-rendered videos which were choppy. I unlocked 43/50 (86%) of the achievements although a lot of them were story-related.

I hadn't ever played "The Lost Chapters" content which is included here and it was pretty cool. I seem to remember the original game sort of abruptly ending, so I was glad to see that I could keep playing after everything was done.

Overall, highly recommended.

This is the part where I piss and moan about how annoying it is that it's 2015 and Fable 2 PC still isn't a thing.

Locust

Did you have a game running? It only detects running processes.

YMMV but for me GeDoSaTo borderless windowed would just cause Valkyria Chronicles (the only game I tested with) to crash but Borderless Gaming worked fine.

YMMV but for me GeDoSaTo borderless windowed would just cause Valkyria Chronicles (the only game I tested with) to crash but Borderless Gaming worked fine.

And why would one need to use it again? For better V-sync or something, was it?

MattyG

Banned

Yup, that was the problem. Thanks!

And why would one need to use it again? For better V-sync or something, was it?
Well I'm using it because no other Vsync option is getting rid of screen tearing with Dying Light, but as far as I can tell fullscreen borderless is.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is the part where I piss and moan about how annoying it is that it's 2015 and Fable 2 PC still isn't a thing.

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the Fable sequels have all so far been completely rubbish.

My only complaint with Anniversary really is that I expected more from the Steam Workshop. I mean, there are like 6 mods (5 of which are cosmetic, all of which suck) that apparently requires a 26GB download for modding support.

Ozium

have you not played Max Payne 1 or 2?

Every time I redeem a Steam key it's now showing that game as recently played. I swear it didn't do that before.

I just noticed this too, and I kind of like it because sometimes I can't remember what games I just added due to too many keys and too much pot

JaseC

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the Fable sequels have all so far been completely rubbish.

My only complaint with Anniversary really is that I expected more from the Steam Workshop. I mean, there are like 6 mods (5 of which are cosmetic, all of which suck) that apparently requires a 26GB download for modding support.

I enjoyed Fable 2 up until the point where the game beats you over the head with magical spheres. Somebody should have told Moleneux that fables and aliens don't mix. Oh, wait, somebody probably did, only to fall on willfully deaf ears.

Khronico

Woah Dirty Bomb plays really well, I'm definitely getting WolfET vibes from the gunplay. VERY fast paced but TTK is just high enough so you can respond to enemy fire without just dying instantly. For some strange reason you can walljump, although there's no other type of parkour-esque movement in the game. I don't really see a use for it as you can't clamber up objects. ADS is not necessary at all to play effectively, you are just as accurate while firing from the hip, and in fact it's a better idea to so unless your playing as the sniper class. Game runs at a consistently high framerate for me for the most part, although it does seem to chunk up for no apparent reason in spots.

If this game avoids bad F2P mechanics it will be really, really good. I'm excited to play more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom