• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote to Techland/Deep Silver about the stuttering problem that Dead Island have if you use some specific keyboard (it's the same problem that Call of Juarez Gunslinger had at launch and it was fixed) but apparently they'll never patch the game again

Chariot

talking about tunnels, it's probably safe to assume that Way of the Samurai 4 isn't coming this month.
What it has to do with tunnels? We are left in the darkness yet again!
Good. Need time to play Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires and watch 50 hours of Yae no Sakura.

I hate RPGs and have played over 100 hours of Neptunia, what's wrong with me?
I feel you bro. I was shoiting the whole time how much I hate that tedious grind, but I somehow got 100% cheevo. But you seem to go even ebyound that. Over 100 hours, are you crating every item in the game and finish the arena?

Nep is love, Nep is life. I still working my way to Billionaire achievement. 100 mill, such bullshit. I'm not even sure why I care. I just feel like I need to do it...
Yeah, took me almost five hours to grind the money. But items were way worse.

Knurek

What better way to, pardon the pun, stomach explosive diarrhea than playing The Walking Dead?
EP2 done, not sure what to think of it.
Trying to play as a psychotic Clem (well, as much as the game allows).
Wish Telltale games weren't as linear as they are. A wide delta like LLTQ or Alpha Protocol instead of mountain stream. :\

Chariot

Drop YaeKura, rewatch Gintama's Kabukicho Four Devas arc all over again with OP/ED included.

At full volume.
Tempting but I already blast the OP and ED while out of the house and when playing LoL or Crusader Kings II.

Is there a better way than grind Clione?
Yeah, I grinded two arena fights. Until lvl. 550 the Fairy dancer cat thingies. And the Iron Knight until 999. They give a lot of exp and can easily be killed with AoE spells.
Easy target, a lot of exp and money, no waiting for respawn, full heal after evey fight and you get three items you can sell for a bit of extra pocket money.

Nzyme32

An unknown app has been added to the Valve GDC package. Some people are getting their hopes up lol

Someone must have made a post about it somewhere. Going to the page says that it has had a lot of traffic, and the SteamDB folks have had to comment on the page and say "It's not HL3". Typical

Yeah, Steam Machines. It's GDC, not E3. ;)

Yeah pretty sure it is all Steam Controller related in particular since all the games are different genres. Pretty interested to see if any devs have got interesting native support for the thing.

Is there any way of knowing g whether oddworld/home world will be coming to nuuvem? Just don't want to buy and have them show up tomorrow, especially with Monster Hunter 4 keeping my attention

Dr Dogg

Value should announce that Half Life will be free from now on. Sure it doesn't seem that special in text but if someone overheard that Value announced Half Life free you know our intrepid gaming press would get the wrong end of the stick and make right tits of themselves.

Isn't 150 hours kind of like "trying it out" when it comes to Diablo III?:D I love D3 and scared to look how much I've played it.

Hahaha very true. Though 150 hours is a litttttle bit excessive for a title you're not fond off. Saying that I sunk 40 hours into Borderlands and didn't really feel it so I think it might be me who has issues.

There are 3 threads about 'AAA' gaming. What is going on

Order! Order! Actually all the hoopla surrounding that game you could do with a judge wielding a gavel to try and restore some sort of or... normalcy?

baterism

it's a Knight, and yes ELF still very much exists.
There is still hope then. I hope they notice Steam soon. It's a shame if a long-lived studio just went bust or turning full mobile without even trying to market their game on Steam.
I'm looking at you Tri-Ace.

Yeah, I grinded two arena fights. Until lvl. 550 the Fairy dancer cat thingies. And the Iron Knight until 999. They give a lot of exp and can easily be killed with AoE spells.
Easy target, a lot of exp and money, no waiting for respawn, full heal after evey fight and you get three items you can sell for a bit of extra pocket money.

I'm currently at lvl. 230... I guess back to Clione then.

Arthea

There is still hope then. I hope they notice Steam soon. It's a shame if a long-lived studio just went bust or turning full mobile without even trying to market their game on Steam.
I'm looking at you Tri-Ace.

About that... I have very bad news for you. Tri-Ace is practically no more, as they were bought by Nepro, we can leave our last hope of ever having any Tri-Ace game. (._.)

Kiru

Alright, SteamGAF. Today's my birthday
woo, 20 years of this
, so it's perfectly acceptable to spend money on myself. I need a new headset, +100 points if it's XONE compatible, too, but I'll settle for PC alone. Preferably wireless if the latter ends up the case. I need suggestions. Which do you have? Which ones have you had and hated? Which one do you currently love?

Happy Birthday! Can't help you with headsets, don't use one.

baterism

About that... I have very bad news for you. Tri-Ace is practically no more, as they were bought by Nepro, we can leave our last hope of ever having any Tri-Ace game. (._.)

Yeah, I saw the funeral reception thread. What a waste. That RoF bunker buster clips looks dang awesome. Tri-Ace looked like a studio that dare to make unusual games. I skipped PS2/PS3 gen so I don't know much about them.

Never forget, 'kay?

lymlie.jpg

Sorry, I had to >.<

Arthea

Yeah, I saw the funeral reception thread. What a waste. That RoF bunker buster clips looks dang awesome. Tri-Ace looked like a studio that dare to make unusual games. I skipped PS2/PS3 gen so I don't know much about them.

oh they were great, creative and engaging battle systems, really hard to 100% games and so much content... Not to mention that Valkyrie Profile series are must play in my book. Even if I like Star Ocean series more.
There is some minuscule hope to get RoF as it belongs to Sega, if I understand it correctly, but that's it, and no new games, of course.

Ehi Arthea, where is Liberl News Service in Grancel?
I can't find it, I also tried looking on Google, can't find info about :l

it's in the west block of the city, in some yard you have to take stairs down

I can't believe they have been bought out... ;_;
I also can't believe people are calling them Tri-Ace, when tri-Ace is the only canon name

Hey Arthea, how do you find that new Hanako Games game?

oh my... gimme it! That made my day, thanks for posting it!
edited: and it's already in beta! will buy on steam, even if it's more expensive than LLTQ was

That. Is. Awesome.
I am coming my dear!
She doesn't have class. Tina does.
We both have very different understandings of "having class" it seems.
That is a skank at best.
Hard Reset Extended Edition --
Zeno Clash 2 --
Very cool giveaway buddy. Thanks.
Yay, stomach flu.
Not yay, not yay at all
Get well soon yo.
-
Also, I have to say it again. Feep is a real good dude folks. He really is. <3

Billy The Kid episode of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger done...lots of fun...I had already done the first half since that's the part that the demo lets you play

Dr Dogg

I don't think tri-Ace owned any of their IP's. Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Infinite Undiscovery (which can collect dust in the bin it's been left in) and Resonance of Fate are not registered to them at the UK IPO.

Arthea

I don't think tri-Ace owned any of their IP's. Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Infinite Undiscovery (which can collect dust in the bin it's been left in) and Resonance of Fate are not registered to them at the UK IPO.

I know that, but as SE ditched them, or rather used for FF lately, it's obvious they don't care about those IPs, unless tri-Ace did good and bought those IPs themselves... and that not gonna happen ever now.

I don't think he looks like either of them, he looks much more like La Noire or Mafia 2 dude instead.
His face does look like the dude from mafia 2, yeah.
When I said he's the evil within / murdered soul suspect protagonist I meant because he's wearing very similar clothing to them.

Terra_Ex

Makes me sad knowing that Hrist will never get her own game now. Plus that awesome battle system will go to waste...

Dr Dogg

I know that, but as SE ditched them, or rather used for FF lately, it's obvious they don't care about those IPs, unless tri-Ace did good and bought those IPs themselves... and that not gonna happen ever now.

You say that like Squenix had an obligation to publish their games for them regardless if they were going to be profitable or not. As far as I recall they were always an independent company who got a lot of contract work from Enix and then subsequently Squenix. tri-Ace have never really made a critical darling that sold like gang busters, great battle systems sure but some of the character and story elements are a little weak compared to the rest of their games. Sadly the only work they seemed to be getting the last 5 or so years was support development on Squenix titles and handheld & mobile stuff (though you can see the fruits of their labours in FFXIII-2's new battle mechanics).

Shantom

This sums up my feelings towards that game very well. I have no idea why I decided to buy Resonance of Fate after that, but I'm glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom