• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Swine

Banned
Is anyone else having problems paying with PayPal on steam? I really want to buy Homeworld but steam says an unexpected error has happened and that I need to contact Valve/help pages. Sigh...

Someone must have made a post about it somewhere. Going to the page says that it has had a lot of traffic, and the SteamDB folks have had to comment on the page and say "It's not HL3". Typical

Yeah pretty sure it is all Steam Controller related in particular since all the games are different genres. Pretty interested to see if any devs have got interesting native support for the thing.

Reddit linux sub and GOL for instance. The focus isn't necessarily about the unkown app, but the package. People think it's a sign they'recoming to linux. Streaming suggestions are usually brushed off and the controller has yet to be brought up heh

I'm sure these are all demos for SteamOS experience whether native or streaming and demos for the controller.

baterism

oh they were great, creative and engaging battle systems, really hard to 100% games and so much content... Not to mention that Valkyrie Profile series are must play in my book. Even if I like Star Ocean series more.
There is some minuscule hope to get RoF as it belongs to Sega, if I understand it correctly, but that's it, and no new games, of course.

I just realized a ton of good stuffs lay on Sega hands. Knowing Sega... they might won't do anything about it.

Planeptune supposed to represent Sega, right? Strangely apt. They really the cloudcuckolander of video game industry.

Reddit linux sub and GOL for instance. The focus isn't necessarily about the unkown app, but the package. People think it's a sign they'recoming to linux. Streaming suggestions are usually brushed off and the controller has yet to be brought up heh

I'm sure these are all demos for SteamOS experience whether native or streaming and demos for the controller.

This might be the case. But I still have my hope high on the new OpenGL...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Never forget, 'kay?

lymlie.jpg

Sorry, I had to >.<
Ugh, Lymle. Easily the most annoying character i've ever seen in a RPG.
Oh, and she's supposed to be 15 years old there. That's a lot of artistic freedom.

BigAT

So as someone that didn't play Homeworld when it was first out (I was a Command & Conquer man), do you guys think it holds up gameplay-wise enough to try out the remaster for the first time now?

_hekk05

Banned
Difference is, ModBot has certain thresholds to avoid randos snatching up games. When you post a thread which is basically "post and you get the game", you get the gif I posted.

Literally post 5 times, of which 1 can be "thanks for the giveaway. hope i win"

enter giveaways. all the giveaways. all the nolurkers anyway

Do this for 2 threads. post a little bit about how those games are

enter moar giveaways

rinse and repeat

Though bundle trash just isn't really worth collecting unless you're really into the collecting bit

Chariot

In case someone needs it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Litil Divil -- MB-22320A7A99D12068 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Arthea

You say that like Squenix had an obligation to publish their games for them regardless if they were going to be profitable or not. As far as I recall they were always an independent company who got a lot of contract work from Enix and then subsequently Squenix. tri-Ace have never really made a critical darling that sold like gang busters, great battle systems sure but some of the character and story elements are a little weak compared to the rest of their games. Sadly the only work they seemed to be getting the last 5 or so years was support development on Squenix titles and handheld & mobile stuff (though you can see the fruits of their labours in FFXIII-2's new battle mechanics).

you just pull the wrong string (><)
I can talk about tri-Ace for hours

Not many people know, but Star Ocean games were million sellers (2-3 I mean). It's just that they killed series with three, ended more or less, and SO4 even if it's fun to play, not many people can look past those characters and that horrid story, so it bombed. IU wasn't successful too, for more or less the same reasons. But! their previous games, especially VP ones were good all around, even if not mainstream enough to be as you say critical darling, although I believe the first one was.
When they showcased that new engine of theirs with sci-fi trailer, it was cry for help. I naively hoped that someone will finance their new sci-fi game and they learnt from their mistakes with last gen games what not to do. It didn't happen. Nobody gave them the second chance. Even if RoF is good it's again not nearly as mainstream game as Star Ocean series are and their new sci-fi IP could be. A pity, really

Carter was wearing fedoras before it was cool.

"did someone say free games??"

https://i.imgur.com/dZd5th.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

This gif is amazingly appropriate (><)

Lomax

I hope Feep giving away the game turns into good numbers actually playing it, I feel like being high on that list will get it good publicity and possibly some more sales. I know personally I'm curious about it but wouldn't have bought it before a substantial sale, but with his generosity I fully intend to play it ASAP. I wonder if he really thought he'd be giving away 15,000 keys though.

RS4-

SO1 & 2 were great, I didn't enjoy 3 very much because of the changes; 4 on the other hand...was just an awful obnoxious grind.

So as someone that didn't play Homeworld when it was first out (I was a Command & Conquer man), do you guys think it holds up gameplay-wise enough to try out the remaster for the first time now?

Get in for the gameplay, stay in for the gameplay, the lore and the love :)

Go for it man.

Dr Dogg

you just pull the wrong string (><)
I can talk about tri-Ace for hours

Not many people know, but Star Ocean games were million sellers (2-3 I mean). It's just that they killed series with three, ended more or less, and SO4 even if it's fun to play, not many people can look past those characters and that horrid story, so it bombed. IU wasn't successful too, for more or less the same reasons. But! their previous games, especially VP ones were good all around, even if not mainstream enough to be as you say critical darling, although I believe the first one was.
When they showcased that new engine of theirs with sci-fi trailer, it was cry for help. I naively hoped that someone will finance their new sci-fi game and they learnt from their mistakes with last gen games what not to do. It didn't happen. Nobody gave them the second chance. Even if RoF is good it's again not nearly as mainstream game as Star Ocean series are and their new sci-fi IP could be. A pity, really

What's sad about tri-Ace is that they could have tried going down the crowd funding route. There are plenty of fan's of theirs out there and providing they didn't go too ambitious and just offered up a small scope project to test the waters it could have been the perfect avenue for them.

Then again I asked JP from PlatinumGames if those guys were interested in doing a kickstarter which he replied they like the idea but I doubt we'll see anything from them for a long, long time while pubs are given them work like MS and Scalebound. Plus when you look at how many peeps those guys employ it's not exactly going to keep them all in a job by crowd funding alone unless they bring in Star Citizen monies.

73V3N

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (73V3N, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Into the War #2 -- MB-78B750E97E995082 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.
Into the War -- MB-C3168CF202ADE11F - Taken by fantomena. 4 entrants total.

t1424706843z1.png

For those who missed it

Got my There Came an Echo key, I'm curious to try it out. Major kudos to Feep for this.

What is the protagonist of The Evil Within / Murdered Soul Suspect doing in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified?

Damn, I started playing The Bureau and was enjoying it but got sidetracked, I need to get back to it.

ExoSoul

Banned
Welp I got 4 replies from ModBot (1 from reg, 2 from 2 and 1 from 3) to Iashman's giveaway and now I have a constant +1 on my inbox. Suggestions?
(Thank you for Hoard btw :3)

Edit: nvm, just fixed itself despite being like that for hours -_-

Megauap

Some more Into the War...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Into the War #2 -- MB-893C517FD6B28EA7 - Taken by rainking187. 6 entrants total.
Into the War -- MB-2D036F6A5F90FBCB - Taken by Sendou. 5 entrants total.

t1424709003z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Welp I got 4 replies from ModBot (1 from reg, 2 from 2 and 1 from 3) to Iashman's giveaway and now I have a constant +1 on my inbox. Suggestions?
(Thank you for Hoard btw :3)

Edit: nvm, just fixed itself despite being like that for hours -_-

no problem btw =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom