• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

Hey guys I just got a job interview.

To celebrate, I want to give something away.

Anything awesome on sale?
Hand of Fate is 25% off.
29-9f8f03df60fc202f468f87a488e6cc85.jpg

titch

For anyone that missed it!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ampu-Tea -- MB-6B07B37D3DB069B4 - Taken by ExoSoul. 8 entrants total.
Great Permutator -- MB-B853218148BA914F - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-6207055175685841 - Taken by Blu(e). 3 entrants total.
Manhunter -- MB-DF00FD97724708F5 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-C48872A574E49A1C - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AF85B8FF1AB8BE - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-02878C1DBA642FBC - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Obulis -- MB-CF0A85B9B88C20F8 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Chains -- MB-CE0375AFA662CE14 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1424725023z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Into The War #2 -- MB-1D0337F87A6936EC - Taken by Dimitri2401. 6 entrants total.
Into The War -- MB-4785EFAF15632526 - Taken by dave is ok. 8 entrants total.

t1424735104z1.png

Some extras to give away.

Jesus my Steam is just messed up.

Last Saturday it just stopped working. Kept saying it can't connect to the servers. I checked all the basic things, such as connected the wire to the wall instead of the router and checked for malware. I actually found a trojan virus in steamapps/downloads file, but my F-Secure quickly took care of it, and it didn't affect anything regarding the situation anyway. Checked the whole computer too of course and didn't find anything else.

The problem just continued so I uninstalled Steam and installed it again. No change. Then I uninstalled and downloaded and installed again (in case the steamsetup would've been somehow corrupted). No change.
I was able to log in just fine through the website, but I still changed my password just to be sure, but obviously that didn't change anything regarding my situation.

So, just a while ago I tried contacting Steam support, but I seemingly can't get the picture (the one that protects against bots) right.

Like, it says very, very clearly "vesluses", but it just doesn't accept it (and it complains about that, not the password or username). So I switch, and again, it just doesn't accept it. I switch and try, and switch and try. But no. Steam obviously doesn't want me to have support. And pretty clearly in some level it understands that I put it right, because when I put it right, it doesn't change the word but only how it's set up in the picture, and only when I put it wrong it changes the word completely.

But then.. I had tried out Steam for one more time a bit earlier and it still had said that it can't connect... but BOOM, then it just all of a sudden started working and goes on. Now it seems to work just fine again.

I'm seriously like wtf at this point. My mood isn't helped by that I just spent an hour and a half trying to explain an extremely simple programming flaw in someone's code, but he just didn't get it until after a long, long time.

Will be interesting to see whether or not it will work tomorrow again, or will it stop working again when I quit the program.

Speevy

Banned
Eccentric Monday Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hand of Fate -- MB-7D355C42803D77E8 - Taken by auroragoryalice. 57 entrants total.
Banished -- MB-17296BC85E5BFB1B - Taken by Nete. 30 entrants total.
Back to Bed -- MB-264AA4E5C2072A4A - Taken by Catshade. 34 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-45FF78EBD125973D - Taken by Driw3r. 55 entrants total.
The Apogee Throwback Pack -- MB-A94145D359BF7B4D - Taken by derExperte. 13 entrants total.
The Witcher Adventure Game -- MB-19DBFF4FC7B633C0 - Taken by redlacs. 27 entrants total.

t1424736484z1.png

I hear this game is incredible.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Into The War #2 -- MB-EB4E98E57299FCBE - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Into The War -- MB-ED780131B2312458 - Taken by RedFyn

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno why you hated it, cheese, i thought lifeless planet was excellent!

* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

probably one of the games that depicts scale best since maybe shadow of the colossus, you just feel so small when you make these endless treks along the unlimited nothingness, and the atmosphere and setting are incredible, that mix between old, rusty, blocky soviet buildings and the eerie alien desert is combined with that amazing music score sells the mood so damn well

the story gets a bit silly by the end but the atmosphere that the game creates is so good and i really enjoyed the platforming physics. felt really weighty and had like a believable floatyness, what with being in space and all. other issues with like some latter sections being not so great, and those fucking spider plants, but everything is forgivable

great game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom