• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff, I will never get into Kinetic Void, but it looks cool.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE SAMARITAN PARADOX -- MB-ACE501D0EF3DA0DA - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
KINETIC VOID -- MB-30C0DD9EAEBCCC47 - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.

t1424729104z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think we should know the list of members who have abused giveaways. I always identify them but don't know who they are.

That is nice and would be nice to detail how many people blacklisting the individual takes to make it permanently to the list.

Can you expand on that?
Some people barely post in the thread (check some that win that rarely post and have the post limit just to enter giveaways) and people who win too much and don't give anything forward I suppose.

Chariot

I think we should know the list of members who have abused giveaways. I always identify them but don't know who they are.
Yeah, open shaming would be for the best. There is no reason to protect those who siphon on the generosity of honest Gaffers.

Vazra

Was it Chariot that blacklisted almost everyone from SteamGAF? I know there was a giant list that had some people twice and even thrice that was the event of the day or a few days on SteamGAF.

Was Hilarious tbh.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i dunno why you hated it, cheese, i thought lifeless planet was excellent!

* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

probably one of the games that depicts scale best since maybe shadow of the colossus, you just feel so small when you make these endless treks along the unlimited nothingness, and the atmosphere and setting are incredible, that mix between old, rusty, blocky soviet buildings and the eerie alien desert is combined with that amazing music score sells the mood so damn well

the story gets a bit silly by the end but the atmosphere that the game creates is so good and i really enjoyed the platforming physics. felt really weighty and had like a believable floatyness, what with being in space and all. other issues with like some latter sections being not so great, and those fucking spider plants, but everything is forgivable

great game

"Hate" is a strong word for it (and should only be followed up by the word "Plus"), but I did find myself at odds with my own enjoyment of Lifeless Planet. The sense of scale was impressive at times, and atmosphere is well-established in pretty smart ways considering the manpower on hand to make the game. Unfortunately, the writing and scenarios put too many marks on the board against it. Something felt distinctly cheesy about it, like a bad McCarthyism-era anti-communist pamphlet. "Don't get your ass to Mars, the red planet is a Communist Planet!" The platforming segments sometimes felt grating and the rest of the puzzles were pretty clumsily implemented.

I do give it credit for a strong opening, but as a whole I found the game to be fairly weak. I praised Kairo for its minimalist approach to scale, and even as a one-man-army project like Lifeless Planet, I felt it hit the marks a bit better by better integrating the few gameplay elements it did have. Lifeless Planet got in the way too much with poor attempts at scares, janky puzzles, unfortunate design decisions like arbitrarily disabling the jetpack because reasons, and wrapping up on what I found to be a really misguided and slightly preachy note.

I can see why some would like it, and I wouldn't think less of anyone who did, I just feel like I somehow played a different game than those who praise it.

When you use the command BLACKLIST, it says that I've identified users who abused giveaways.

BUT WHO ARE THEY

I have identified the members of ISIS.

I just thought you'd like to know that.

Modbot is protecting them, it's all a big conspiracy!

By the way, thanks and I hope that all goes well with the new job interview.

Vazra

What if the blacklisted have a secret society that gets exclusive games we dont know about!?!?!?! O___O

♫ DUN DUN DUUUUUN ♫

Teggy

What the hell
Lorence
boss in Trails in INSANELY hard.
He cheats like hell, stunning and confusing my characters, impeding them from using arts, also he spams S attacks like a crazy, and he casts a spell to be invincible for two turns too.
I hope I won't encounter such bosses going on :l

Well, I think they expect most players to realize you are supposed to lose to him. He can be technically beaten if you are dead set on it, but I think the benefit for doing so is minor and only to get a starting bonus in the next game.

Jawmuncher

Well, I think they expect most players to realize you are supposed to lose to him. He can be technically beaten if you are dead set on it, but I think the benefit for doing so is minor and only to get a starting bonus in the next game.

It's funny. More often than not if I feel something is too hard I instantly think "I'm supposed to lose" if it's a jrpg/wrpg. Which seem to be the only games that really do that.

Ozium

It's funny. More often than not if I feel something is too hard I instantly think "I'm supposed to lose" if it's a jrpg/wrpg. Which seem to be the only games that really do that.

when I played Bioshock I decided to be a man and turned the game off when I confronted Andrew Ryan

MUnited83

For you.

Yep. Which reminds me of Suikoden Tierkreis. I think I lost count of how many times it happens on that one.

Teggy

Deponia The Complete Story has separate cards from the other Deponia games - that's pretty funny. The achievements look pretty much to be a compilation of the all the other achievements.

Knurek

Achievement as well.
And it's really quite hard to lose against him. Had to refight him for the final party achievements, didn't even try that much and still mopped the floor with him.

L.O.R.D

this the first time i am not excited for a RE game
i don't know why
maybe its an episodic game
or
there is not enough discount on steam ( i know there is GMG and other )

Jawmuncher

this the first time i am not excited for a RE game
i don't know why
maybe its an episodic game
or
there is not enough discount on steam ( i know there is GMG and other )

I'm somewhat excited. I want to play it but I'm not jumping through hoops to do so asap. I'll indeed play it when I get back though. Probably the first thing I do. I won't be really excited until we get RE7 or some crazy spinoff. REmake had the same hype I do for Rev2.

Even though I had played that before.

Teggy

Achievement as well.
And it's really quite hard to lose against him. Had to refight him for the final party achievements, didn't even try that much and still mopped the floor with him.

Are we talking about the same guy? He wiped me out in no time at all. I guess I just suck :'(

ExoSoul

Banned
Yeah, open shaming would be for the best. There is no reason to protect those who siphon on the generosity of honest Gaffers.
How do you do that thing where ModBot tells you how much you've given and how much you've taken?
I did/do direct gifting through Steam most of the time, usually I leave giveaways for proper raffles or for keys I have no idea whom to give it to but even so I still think I'd be in the negative, I want to see how much kindness was left unpaid.

How many damn signals do we have? The roof of the police station is CRAMPED.
Just one, we simply built a add-on device that cycles through the discs until you have your desired shape.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of darkchewie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Into The War #2 -- MB-1D0337F87A6936EC - Taken by Dimitri2401. 6 entrants total.
Into The War -- MB-4785EFAF15632526 - Taken by dave is ok. 8 entrants total.

t1424735104z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom